oredict bug?

• Seems, that IC2 is messing with ore dictionary - if loaded, it removes randomly dictionary registration of other mods.

I had this issue with industrialcraft-2-2.2.828-experimental.jar for 1.7.10, anyone can confirm?

• Official Post

Removing registrations is rather hard, and IC2 certainly doesn't do that itself. It could be the mystery NEI bug that forces ore dict recipes to only take one type?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Removing registrations is rather hard, and IC2 certainly doesn't do that itself. It could be the mystery NEI bug that forces ore dict recipes to only take one type?

Some sort of it - only one randomly chosen item belong to the oredict.

More details, how to reproduce this bug:

I have TerraFirmaCraft mod, which provide terrafirmacraft:item.SinglePlank.* items registered as woodLumber.

I used woodLumber in my custom config/ic2/shaped_recipes.ini and seems that is is a cause, because when I removed it or replaced by item, everything works fine - everything related with woodLumber, because plankWood items are still messed up (vanilla planks are untouched, but other were removed from oredict recipes).

• Yup, that sounds like the mystery NEI bug...

Does it only happen when you look up the recipe of a item in NEI first?

Exactly!

For example, I can use any planks to make crafting table, but if I check crafting possibilities, seems that oredict is purged and only one type of plank can be used. It is not just a graphic glitch, recipes are not working.

But it is clearly related with IC2, because problem persist only if oredict are called in ic2 recipes, once removed, everything is OK.

• Official Post

Given it was never conclusively solved (or even concretely reproducible) during the years of having support, it's not like it was going to get fixed anyway

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.