Decoblocks Modding Issues

• The line list.add says it is undefined. list.addHow do you get it to work.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• Official Post

import com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.schemagen.xmlschema.List;

Java
    import java.util.List;

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Thank you Chocohead and GregoriusT . Also this is my first mod

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

• Ok there is something strange about my block. Does this code supposed to happen.

• Nevermind Aroma1997 I got it.

• Any Mod Developers, How do I make different metadata hardnessess and resistances?

• yes but the IDE says it is an error

error

@override

public void getBlockHardness(World x y z) {

return World.getblockmetadata(x y z) == 0 ? 1.0F : 2.0F;

}

error

@override

public void getExplosionResistance(World x y z exploder) {

return World.getblockmetadata(x y z) == 0 ? 1.0F : 2.0F;

}

• @Override

public float getBlockHardness(World world, int x, int y, int z) {

return super.getBlockHardness(world, x, y, z);

}

@Override

public float getExplosionResistance(Entity par1Entity, World world, int x, int y, int z, double explosionX,

double explosionY, double explosionZ) {

return super.getExplosionResistance(par1Entity, world, x, y, z, explosionX, explosionY, explosionZ);

}

Like this?

• Which java file I need to go? Either the MetaDataBlock.java or This.

• Nope I don't have block.java in my package all I got is Stone.java, Cream.java, ColorPorcelain.java, PorcelainBlock.java, PorcelainPowder.java, and ModBlocks.java. In my subpackage I have only MetaDataBlock.java. What Should I put the two @Override annotations?

Java
    @Override
    public float getBlockHardness(World world, int x, int y, int z) {
    return super.getBlockHardness(world, x, y, z);
    }

@Override
    public float getExplosionResistance(Entity par1Entity, World world, int x, int y, int z, double explosionX,
    double explosionY, double explosionZ) {
    return super.getExplosionResistance(par1Entity, world, x, y, z, explosionX, explosionY, explosionZ);
    }

• Of course I have "extends blocks." but I just making sure I have them right otherwise if I use it wrong It will 100% crash minecraft. Ok what I do now with this?

• Official Post

What I meant was inside Block.java there is a Function you did not override yet regarding getExplosionResistance, because the Block Class has TWO explosion resistance functions! Not just the one you overrode (btw maybe you should insert your own value there instead of returning super.getHardness / getExplosionResistance)