[IC2 Exp | 1.12.2] IC2Guns addon

• Do you like shooting that mobs with your Mining Laser? :Mining Laser::Mining Laser::Mining Laser:
    Do you hate fixing your structures after a miss?

Then it's for you! A good ol' rifle that wipes mobs out and keeps your landscape safe.

Github

[TO BE UPDATED]

• I'm facing an issue with canning machine recipe:

Debugger shows that addCanningRecipe gets output item stack with NBT ammo MAX_AMMO = 20, however, this recipe produces a magazine with NBT ammo 0. Is it an API bug, or am I doing it the wrong way?

By the way, I'm totally not a Java programmer, so beware of ugly code.

• Official Post

An addon style we've not seen in a long time, looking forward to see how it turns out.

As for your NBT issue, the ItemStack constructor is a little misleading in that whilst it takes in an NBTTagCompound, that's only for Forge's capabilities and not the ItemStack's own NBT. You'll want to do something like

Java
    addCanningRecipe(input.forExactStack(makeMagazine(0)),
                     input.forStack(new ItemStack(cartridge, 20)),
                     makeMagazine(ItemMagazine.MAX_AMMO);
    private static ItemStack makeMagazine(int ammo) {
        ItemStack magazine = new ItemStack(magazine);
        magazine.setTagCompound(ItemMagazine.getNBTForAmmo(ammo));
        return magazine;
    }

That way the NBT is properly set for the ItemStack (using setTagCompound).

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Hey, can someone attach a compiled version of this mod to this thread? I tried compiling it myself and either there's something wrong or I'm too dum dum to compile it myself, thanks.

• try downloading the repo, run gradlew setupDecompWorkspace, and after that finishes, try gradlew build. the built mod should be in built/libs. Thats for Windows, idk about the other OS's though...

I don't think that gradlew eclipse is needed before building...

• try downloading the repo, run gradlew setupDecompWorkspace, and after that finishes, try gradlew build. the built mod should be in built/libs. Thats for Windows, idk about the other OS's though...

I don't think that gradlew eclipse is needed before building...

Well yes, I did those steps, this time I tried it on another CLI tool and not powershell, and it.. worked?

• Official Post

The rifle doesn't seem to be finished yet, it's just an item which doesn't stack at the moment.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Also how do you load a magazine into the rifle, can't seem to do anything with the rifle even after filling a few magazines and having them in my inv, etc.

It's not finished, I've been working on it only for 4 days. I'm going to finish it in a week.

• This is such a great idea. If you polish this and give some decent configure options via the configs I be happy to add this to my pack. I'm making a pack with mostly IC2 / TR mixed in and NO Tinkers. I think this would do wonders :)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• This mod idea does carry such possibilities and oportunities. Would love to see something other than ICBM or Flans mods (nothing personal JambioFlan! loved your mod since 2010).

• Is this dead? The Github link from the first post is broken.

This addon idea is one thing Industrialcraft was always lacking, so would love to see this completed.

Yep, I got overcringed by Forge mess (and Java, hecking hate it), so I just gave this up. Sorry.

Here is source code (Idea project) for what I currently have. You can freely use it, try to finish this addon or even integrate it in IC.