Pump doesn't pump water

• Hi, I got this little issue with the pump not pumping water to the arboretum, I have a 2x2 water source a wooden fluid pipe attached to the pump and a Stirling engine attached to the pipe. The temperature and MJ of the engine are going up like its working but it doesn't pump any water, I've also tried to swap the Stirling engine to a redstone engine and it seems to not work aswell... Is it cause of the arboretum not being able to receive water like that? But I think that doesn't make any sense cause it requires a crap load of water and to be running this 24/7 I need to be putting water in it with a bucket and that's kinda annoying...

screenshot of the setup - - - - - > og6b0b

• I'm not sure why you posted this in the IC2 forum, since that is a Buildcraft pump, and as far as I can tell, there are no IC2 blocks in that screenshot. However, I will try to help anyway. You need to provide power to the pump, not just the wooden fluid pipe attached to it, and the pump will auto-output to any fluid pipes attached without needing a wooden fluid pipe (I just checked using Buildcraft 7.99.24.1). The pump can technically operate when powered by a redstone engine, but idk whether that will be fast enough to keep up with your arboretum (which as I recall has variable water requirements based on how long it has been since the last rainfall and possibly other factors)

• Official Post

You'll want to put the engine on the pump itself not on the pipe. A powered BuildCraft pump will automatically eject to connected pipes too so you don't even need the wooden pipe for it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• You'll want to put the engine on the pump itself not on the pipe. A powered BuildCraft pump will automatically eject to connected pipes too so you don't even need the wooden pipe for it.

Lmao I'm dumb, my bad I've always used a pump fine before but now I simply couldn't make it to work and yes not that I have read that I feel. Completely stupid 😂 sorry for the inconvenience

• I'm not sure why you posted this in the IC2 forum, since that is a Buildcraft pump, and as far as I can tell, there are no IC2 blocks in that screenshot.

You're right my bad I've always used BuildCraft and ic2 together so I forget that BuildCraft even exists