Maximum solar panel power

• So basically i just TMI'd a bunch of stuff to test if tin wire could handle so many solar panels, so i made it so it's 1/4 (minus 1 solar panel on the very top of the MSF) of the maximum potential and i got 1,332EU/T so if i built the entire Solar Panel Grid (which would lag to hell) you'd get a 5,329EU/T or 106,5280EU per second which translates a whopping 63,948,000 EU per day, obviously at the price of so much refined iron and framerate, anyway this was just something i wanted to test out

1/4 of the Complete Solar Grid

Testing of EU/T

• Official Post

You can use painters to reduce the intersections, thus reducing the lag. Apparently only works in SSP though, sa the wires will revert in SMP. Here's hoping for better framerates.

• Why does it matter, if you are TMI'ing anyways, just cheat you some filled Lapitron Crystals... That freak-solar-farm is just horrible.

• this was just a test for the maximum output you could get with a single solar panel array nothing else, yes i TMI'd it who cares? its just to tell me how much EU/T it gives, i doubt anyone would legit-ly do this do due the enourmous amount of refined iron you need.
    and to me it doesn't matter if it doesn't work in SMP, i can't connect anymore for some reason.
    i also did it to test if Solar panels really did only send 1EU/T each and they do so i'm happy.

• Ah! Expected as much. As an energy packet does not merge with others on the same cable, you can just create a single line of tin from a batbox with 32 solar panels connected to it for example. Well, as I understand it. Thanks for the testing! Should be able to make more interesting solar farms with this instead of the default ones. :)

For test projects like these, who cares about using TMI. It's for testing! Things tend to blow up with testing. Which makes you cry when in regular gameplay.

• I am sorry but "legit-ly"? Have you heard the word "legitimately"?

Well, thank you for your experiment despite the illegitimate acquisition of your resources.

• I am sorry but "legit-ly"? Have you heard the word "legitimately"?

Well, thank you for your experiment despite the illegitimate acquisition of your resources.

Okay one, i wasn't really focused on my spelling but who cares, it doesn't matter so long as people understand what i'm saying
    and i'm sure your happy that i did this all within about 10 minutes

Anyway, just a note, since each solar panel produces only 1 EU/T if you had the advanced solar panels add-on and replaced them all, since they send out a current of 11 EU/T i can no longer use Tin wiring, and for max efficency, use glass, although on the upside, i can now color code it so it doesn't drain out my framerate, this would produce 2,992EU/T (for no energy loss during the day,272 at night) which is a quarter of the entire array, so the full array (with no energy loss) would produce 11,979EU/T during the day and 1,089EU/T at night, if you expand past 20 meters with the glass fibre then you won't gain any EU/T at night and you'll gain EU/T of 11 - (D/20) = for each adv. solar panel with D equaling distance, rounding down always. With all of this in mind, the max length you can go out from a single MSF while still gaining some power is 220 blocks, so that'd be a very large grid...and i'm not even gonna bother calculating how much energy that will produce mainly because i wouldn't be able to wire a quarter of the array without extreme lag. so yeah someone else please figure out how much a 441 diameter solar panel array will produce with advanced solar panels (adv. solar panels produce 11EU/T during the day and 1 EU/T at night versus the normal solar panel with 1 EU/T at day and 0 at night)