[AddOn v1.23] Energy Coupler v0.21.1 - Convert EUs <-> BuildCraft Energy

• This is indeed very useful at first I was skeptical but does what it advertises :) now if we can get it to convert the opposite way i can store some of that useless waste of energy my buildcraft engines are producing into my mfsu :)

• This mod is now redundant. Power Crystals wrote a Power Converters mod that does everything this mod does and more and it works in SMP.

I suggest you decompile his mod and learn from what he's done. His mod isn't perfect, but it is pretty far ahead of this one. http://www.minecraftforum.net/…th-bcic-power-converters/

Neat. I'll have to take a look at it.

I don't know if I would say redundant, but more like orthogonal. His mod has SMP and a block that generates oil. My blocks go both ways and my mod allows you to use industrial diamonds in BuildCraft recipes.

Personally, I think an oil generating block defeats the purpose. Oil is supposed to be a non-renewable resource, which is why it outputs so much energy. With so many renewable ways to generate EUs in IC2, having a way to spontaneously create oil is a little unbalancing in my opinion. But hey, if that's something you are interested in, that's cool. And if people want to use his mod over mine it's no skin off my nose. This was just an exercise in learning how to program in java and try to do something someone else hadn't already done before.

• This is indeed very useful at first I was skeptical but does what it advertises :) now if we can get it to convert the opposite way i can store some of that useless waste of energy my buildcraft engines are producing into my mfsu :)

If you apply redstone power to a coupler you can convert BC Energy to EUs.

• Neat. I'll have to take a look at it.

I don't know if I would say redundant, but more like orthogonal. His mod has SMP and a block that generates oil. My blocks go both ways and my mod allows you to use industrial diamonds in BuildCraft recipes.

Personally, I think an oil generating block defeats the purpose. Oil is supposed to be a non-renewable resource, which is why it outputs so much energy. With so many renewable ways to generate EUs in IC2, having a way to spontaneously create oil is a little unbalancing in my opinion. But hey, if that's something you are interested in, that's cool. And if people want to use his mod over mine it's no skin off my nose. This was just an exercise in learning how to program in java and try to do something someone else hadn't already done before.

His mod goes both ways as well, he just uses a different block for it. The oil production is a very expensive procedure, a bucket of oil costs about 60k EU. Think matter gen.
    While I like the possibility of having IC diamonds in BC recipes, his SMP version sold it for me. :S

• His mod goes both ways as well, he just uses a different block for it. The oil production is a very expensive procedure, a bucket of oil costs about 60k EU. Think matter gen.
    While I like the possibility of having IC diamonds in BC recipes, his SMP version sold it for me. :S

Here's my thinking on the Oil Mass Fabricator with some back of the envelope calculations. Fuel has a burn time of 50,000 and an output of 5 BC energy per burn. That's 250,000 BC Energy for one bucket of fuel in an iron engine. Convert that to EUs at 2.5:1 and thats about 625,000 EUs. Put that in the Oil Mass Fabricator block and you have roughly 10 buckets of oil from one bucket of fuel. Powering a refinery with renewable energy is pretty trivial. I think a block of 32 Solar Generators should be able to power a refinery without having to use any non-renewable resources. Refine that into more fuel, rinse and repeat.

• Right, the Power Converter mod needs some tweaks. It sounds like the oil fabricator should take roughly 600,000 EUs to make 1 bucket of oil. Also, there would be a crafting recipe where 1 bucket oil fuel + 8 empty fuel cans = 8 filled fuel cans. That would let you burn fuel in generators and refuel jetpacks without having to find coal or consume tin.

• Ok, I think I worked out SMP. I had a problem on my test server where it was trying to load the EnergyCoupler mod before IC2 and throwing an error. I think it's because it was going in filename alphabetical order. If you get an error saying that it can't find ic2/common/BlockElectric class, add a z in front of the EnergyCoupler mod filename and it should work. At least that's what I did. Anyway, if anyone is interested, please test it out and let me know if it works. This is my first foray into server stuff, so this is completely uncharted territory for me.

• I tried using your mod on my server, and after finally managing to get it to load in correct order by prefixing the mod file with 'zz' I encountered a strange bug. It seems your mod turns off the pneumatic power framework, i.e. powering the machines with engines and thus energy pipes, for some reason. Here's the modloading messages with the interesting part bolded. By just removing your mod from use, the server reverts back to using pneumatics so it's not config error.

• It looks like the BC energy mod is loading after the energy coupler mod, and it's the coupler that's complaining about that class not existing yet...

• Huh, that's interesting. It looks like it may be because it was loaded before BuildCraftEnergy.

Also, I wonder if it might also be BuildCraftTransport complaining. I don't have anything in my code that specifically mentions the PneumaticPowerFramework directly that I can think of. I'm wondering if it's because transport might be configured to use the PneumaticPowerFramework before BuildCraftEnergy is loaded.

• *sad* I either have to upgrade to 1.23 and lose my favorite machine, the rotary macerator, downgrade my BC, or drop this mod since the BC 2.2.3 version is only for IC2 1.23....*sadness* What do you guys think I should do?

EDIT: Well, downgraded my BC, but do you guys think 1.23 is really worth losing the rotary macerator?

• Huh, that's interesting. It looks like it may be because it was loaded before BuildCraftEnergy.

Also, I wonder if it might also be BuildCraftTransport complaining. I don't have anything in my code that specifically mentions the PneumaticPowerFramework directly that I can think of. I'm wondering if it's because transport might be configured to use the PneumaticPowerFramework before BuildCraftEnergy is loaded.

Might be. But as far as I know there is no way of forcing mods to load in certain order. I know you try fiddling with the file names but the order still seems to be a bit random. I named the mod file as zzEnergy... but it sill won't load last.

• Ok, i have downloaded this and installed it and i is working i think... (no startup errors)

But now... how do i use it?

I have read the topic 2 times and still cant get how it works. Can you add a screenshot of it?
    [Edit]:
    Ok... i think i got it working but i dont get why this bc pipe is not working. :(

But i think this is the good way?

• When you make the petrol burner to convert BC to IC power, you should make sure to create oil power cells.

• jeez guys cant you read?

v0.17:
    - Added ability to convert BC Energy to EUs when redstone is applied to a coupler

And for that stupid setup: What it's supposed to do? i dont find another explanation other then blow up engine with excess of energy
    By default it converts EU to BC, with redstone(lever pulled) in reverse, BC to EU

And for rotary macerator - you not losing it, you just cant wait for it to be upgraded
    i dropped advanced machines on my server since BC's SMP fixes are way more important than just a little faster machine

And for addon going SMP: HOORAY! and stacks and stacks of UUM for you!

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• i just tried to install the 1.9 client and i got this

Oct 26, 2011 3:44:40 PM ModLoader addMod
    FINE: Failed to load mod from "mod_EnergyCoupler.class"
    Oct 26, 2011 3:44:40 PM ModLoader addMod
    FINER: THROW
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ic2/api/IWrenchable
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:632)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:616)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:632)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:616)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
    at mod_EnergyCoupler.<clinit>(mod_EnergyCoupler.java:86)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
    at ModLoader.addMod(ModLoader.java:275)
    at ModLoader.readFromModFolder(ModLoader.java:1179)
    at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:824)
    at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:186)
    at aam.<init>(aam.java:61)
    at aam.<clinit>(aam.java:10)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:259)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:629)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ic2.api.IWrenchable
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
    ... 38 more

any ideas what i need to do?

• 1.9? is it even supported by IC?
    also - copy the whole log and for goodness' sake hide it under a spoiler
    also - it might be caused by the fact you didnt renamed the mod , check the last page for more details

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy