[AddOn v1.23] Energy Coupler v0.21.1 - Convert EUs <-> BuildCraft Energy

• They are not purple, they are magenta (unless I assume wrong) and magenta is >9000 times better than transparent. This means they are magenta because they are using the default BLANK texture (instead of no texture at all) and can thus be fixed by applying the texture in the right place. Now, since i don't use HD textures and doesn't feel very motivated to install one of them all i can say is, try and figure out which file it is using and place some graphics in there.
    But anyways, magenta is better than no texture at all. Now you know something is working as intended somehow.

Purple or magenta... so similar it doesn't matter in this particular case :P
    And I don't know why you seem to focus on the HD textures - as it also happens with the DEFAULT texture pack.. (the one that comes with Minecraft..)

And I have tried adding the 3 pipe textures to various other texture files - and they just keep on being.. not there. Gah. :P

• They are not purple, they are magenta (unless I assume wrong).

Are you sure it's not mauve? Or fuchsia? :rolleyes:
    Careful, Quaksen -- next thing you know he's going to be coming over to your house and telling you your "coral" curtains" don't match with your "peach" carpet...
    Actually, I shouldn't say "he" - men are content in using basic names for colors. It's women who see significant distinction between minor differences in color, which is why they feel the need to name them after plants and animals.

• Are you sure it's not mauve? Or fuchsia? :rolleyes:
    Careful, Quaksen -- next thing you know he's going to be coming over to your house and telling you your "coral" curtains" don't match with your "peach" carpet...
    Actually, I shouldn't say "he" - men are content in using basic names for colors. It's women who see significant distinction between minor differences in color, which is why they feel the need to name them after plants and animals.

Well, being a programmer for a long time i know the difference between purple and magenta for pure technical reasons but thanks for the laugh!

@Quacksen
    If it's not working in vanilla MC... That is, a clean 1.8.1 jar with just ModLoader, ModLoaderMP, Buildcraft, IC² and this mod, all installed manually without the use of a texture pack, then you have done something wrong. Either your jar isn't clean or you aren't installing it correctly.
    Or you are a one in a trillion case where it simply doesn't like you... At all.

Either way, it's simply a matter of finding what the cause of the problem is and fixing it. Even IF that involves debugging the source code. I might dabble with HD Textures at some point but not today.

• No, in this case it's a known issue that others have experienced, and as I said before, I was told by SpaceToad that this is pertaining to something in the BC code. It's apparently addressed in the 1.0 versions, but since we have neither the add-on pipes nor IC, we won't know quite yet.

• Has anyone tried using this with IC 1.337 ? It should work as before but I'm interested in hearing reports from people who do use it.
    I tried using it - no loading issues but none of the recipes were there. Wasn't sure if it's incompatible or if I need to rename the zip so that it loads after IC2.

• Has anyone tried using this with IC 1.337 ? It should work as before but I'm interested in hearing reports from people who do use it.
    I tried using it - no loading issues but none of the recipes were there. Wasn't sure if it's incompatible or if I need to rename the zip so that it loads after IC2.

I am still, but I don't think mine is the version with regulator pipes. Even if it was, idk if I would use them or not... lol

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I guess this kind of combination doesnt work.

Intel i7 990X @ 4,60 GHZ, Asus Rampage III Black Edition, 24GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3,
    2x Zotac Nvidia Geforce 580AMP 1,5gb, OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240GB 1GBps,
    1TB Western Digital Cavier Black, 2x Hitachi HDS723030BLE640 3TB, 3x BenQ XL2410T LCD-Monitors

Hosting Minecraft Servers on an Octo Core 32GB Ram Server: http://two66.com/
    Free Space available! If you need a Server let me know!

• augh, so I just found this, and got to say, jesus you're a lifesaver! But damnit all if it doesn't work at the current versions, either that or I did something wrong on the install(drop on the mods folder for instance).

EnergyCoupler-0.21.1-Client
    industrialcraft-2-client_1.43
    mod_IC2Thermometer_v1.1.8b_Client
    mod_advancedmachines-client-3.0
    buildcraft-client-A-core-3.0.4+the rest

the only error is "failed to load mod_energy coupler.class"

should be working? or not?

• note the giant v1.23 on the subject line. As it only works on 1.8.1 v1.23
    sheesh...

note the giant v1.23 on the subject line. As it only works on 1.8.1 v1.23
    sheesh...

/shrug... working as intended...

Really hope this addon will be updated soon. It's looking like PC's mod won't be around for much longer in MC form, and this will be our only way to convert IC-BC energy...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Really hope this addon will be updated soon. It's looking like PC's mod won't be around for much longer in MC form, and this will be our only way to convert IC-BC energy...

Really? Why's that?
    Right now the only reason i'm using PC's version is because it was available. I much prefer this one as the regulator pipes enable a little power to go a lot further due to the wastefulness of BC machines.
    Although I have sorta started switching things over to Forestry's electric engines. I rather like those as they only take a fixed 6 EU/t.

• Is PC ever going to update this mod or has he given up on it? I really love it and wish to see it updated so I can start using it.

Reading comprehension fail. Note the poster of the TLP. Note it isn't power_crystals....

• Will anybody ever update this mod?
    The developer has not been on this board sense Nov. 18th
    Would be nice if somebody could take this mod over now that those "Technic Pack" guys have control over Power Converters.

• So basically, I can set up a Solar Flower, feed that into a MFE, take the Energy Coupler from the MFE to a Quarry.
    and operate my Quarry's via Solar Power .. ??

Is this correct ? am I getting this right.??

*update*

got this error when placing the mod into the mod folder and starting up minecraft.
    Using BC v2.2.11 and all parts, IC2 v1.43, RedPower 2.0pr4c and a bunch more mods.

installed ---> EnergyCoupler-0.21.1-Client
    Seems your mod is out of date with IC2, please update. thanks