Suggestion: Shallower Tin

• Tin always seems to be deeper than Uranium, for being cheaper than Iron it seems to require significantly more mining to find/gather it.

• uranium can be found on sea level, what are you talking about?
    also there's plenty of tin starting from level 40 on my map at least (generated on 1.15, doubt somthing changed)
    if you are intrested i can generate new map in 1.23 from same seed and check it out

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• Iron and Copper are always (on every seed I've played SSP and SMP) found a fair distance (60's) above Tin (50's) which seems much further down. Is this intended or a typo in a config file? :)

• Copper shares the same spawn ratio with Coal, its findable anywhere.

Iron below a certain point, Tin even farther.

I assume its to keep Bronze from being too readily available, as once you hit a spot of tin, you'll have way too much of it lol

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• You have to go down there for your first redstone /anyway/ so there's not really a huge deal about it being so low (as an automated miner /has/ to be one of your first priorities after making a basic workshop).

• has to be is such an ugly word
    i almost never used autominer, it's too ineffective and slow
    i'd rather wander into a cave with trusty batpack, diamond drill and M1 Carbine (have WW2 gunz) than use that thing, expand the network, use it again, goto 2

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• Equivelent Exchange makes redstone/glowstone from coal as soon as you hit iron and get your transmutation table up. Pity there's no TransTable recepies for tin/copper. I guess that's Addon material :)

• cmon, EE is more of a TMI than legitimate mod :D

• That's true about the dark matter stuff, takes a while, but... All you need is one glowstone aggregator, then all you have to do is wait. Good mod, but it's rather overpowered. I personally only use it when I have to, or when I wanna mess around or something.

Just my two cents.

Shhh... The creepers are listening...

• That's true about the dark matter stuff, takes a while, but... All you need is one glowstone aggregator, then all you have to do is wait. Good mod, but it's rather overpowered. I personally only use it when I have to, or when I wanna mess around or something.

Just my two cents.

Agreed. I've messed around with EE, but I only have used it when I was waiting for IC2 for 1.8.1

Have yet to blow up any Reactor . It's only a matter of time, though. Actually, I may go for a CASUC design, but doubtful.
    "Are you sure this will work?"(My friends)
    "I have no idea! Let's do it anyways!"(Me.)

Generation 27 The first time you see this, put it in your signature and add 1 to the number. Call it a social science pyramid scheme.

• I've found that in certain area, EE and IC2 play very well together. EE lets you turn cobble into redstone and coal to make your machines, and even provides lava for your GeoGen. Once you're collecting diamond for your dark matter, convert your diamond ore into gold ore, and then macerate it to get twice as many diamonds than placing and digging the diamond ore to get your diamonds.

• I've found that in certain area, EE and IC2 play very well together. EE lets you turn cobble into redstone and coal to make your machines, and even provides lava for your GeoGen. Once you're collecting diamond for your dark matter, convert your diamond ore into gold ore, and then macerate it to get twice as many diamonds than placing and digging the diamond ore to get your diamonds.

eh, 1gold ore=2gold dusts
    2 gold dusts=2 gold bars
    2 gold bars= 8 iron bars
    8 iron bars= 12 glowstone blocks
    12 glowstone blocks= 1.5gold ore.

problem, physics?

• The thing about the Aggregators is that it is not making mass from nothing, but rather, Photonic energy. It is making Mass from Energy. so, it does follow physics, by bending the rules. not breaking them.

so the saying would be "Problem, Conventional physics?" i think. I myself love using EE and IC2 hand in hand EE is not all too overpowered... when you break it down... no pun intended. EE on it's own... a Diamond takes 512 stone, or 2048 dirt to make. That is alot of resources, alot of mass. Add in energy and efficiency from IC2, the cost of mass is halved, through basically, purification. but it still requires the input of energy from the machines to grind, and then smelt.

AS for tin's depth, i find it annoying, yes... but i can handle it. figured i'd pop that on, to not be /completely/ off topic.

• 512 stone? my cobblegen (+ induction furnace) laughed at that miserable amount
    and it's not even on full power yet

• 512 stone? my cobblegen (+ induction furnace) laughed at that miserable amount
    and it's not even on full power yet

design please ^^
    ?

I am Part of generation 21 The first time you see this post it in your signature and +1 on every/any forum (so if you see this for the first time you are generation 22 =)

• shoud be easy enough to figure it out
    BC quarrys powered by energy couplers, connected to chest, from which stuff is pumped to furnace

• Ah I see I don't like quarries too much they make ugly holes in the ground but I guess I could cover them Up nice set up though =)

I am Part of generation 21 The first time you see this post it in your signature and +1 on every/any forum (so if you see this for the first time you are generation 22 =)

• yeah i forgot to mention you make cobblegen in quarry mining area ( limited with landmarks for compactness)
    so basically it just jumps between 3 pieces of cobble (2 pieces if underpowered) and mines them up indefinetly :D
    made a few chests of scrap using this, hooked up to 3 recyclers