[Addon v1.95]Rocket Science v0.89 - flying autominers, missiles, and nuclear fusion!

• ID Checker can handle this, the only thing you must do it's to give Rocket Science a higher priority. Forestry and PortalGun can handle other ID's.

• Found a bug with the Fusion Reactor:

If we put Deuterium Cell with any other Cell (for example: BioFuel, Water etc.) then they just disappear.

• OMG - I make some testing on the effect of exploding 20 thermonueks by launching it with 0,0 all at the same time. It gave me a beatyful nuke-hole down the bedrock but it breaks the bedrock around the edges.

• I have been harvesting geothermal energy by way of an inter-dimensional rift (the nether) the wet-dry vacuum has given me the ability to supply my reactors with great speed. yet i have an issue with the vacuum... I cant recharge it...

of course my bank of geothermal generators are about to be replace by a Fusion reactor soon enough. the nether has been such a good source of power I skipped fission all together.

I don't suppose this is possible as a "IC2" add-on, but I really like the fusion idea, but I think the reactor would be more fun if it was more of a "construct" than a magic block (like making a (square) donut ring of coils as big as you wish slapping on the heating elements on the 4 sides of your "ring" (more heaters needed for bigger ring) adding fusion chambers along the inside edge of the ring and the power output in the very center (connected with super conductor or something if the ring is large and the center dose not touch the fusion camber. then players can invest as much as they want into making as big a "sun in a box" as they wish. you could even make it so that if it is too small it dose not sustain the reaction and even sucks power instead of making power.

the idea of such a thing as a mere add on is absurd, but marvelous.

• LOVE THIS MOD, except for one little problem... HUGE PROBLEM, auto miner using OV scanner and regular drill jumped ONTO my brick house and crashed the game rendering my house of tier 3 and 4 (fusion reactor) useless... Is there a possible way to simply make it re-jump if it hits a man made material? It may have dug through the brick into the wiring underneath it but I can't tell. Please PM me if you have a solution, as for some reason MCedit won't load IC2 worlds for me. :cursing: But THANK YOU for the mod, and i'm praying for the day SMP is available.

Thain (Havasushaun)
    :Uranium Ore: > :Uranium: > :Compressor: > :Uranium Ingot: >????=PROFIT :Nuke TNT:

• i don't think so, reading the facts behind plasmaphysics, the know of the IC - atom-power is in fact a realistic size of the fusion-block. i like it when it gets more realistic but what you want is the way it's not. he has 3 heatings and in the real there are three heating models and all needs at first power to generate heat and at least the heatoutput isnt that big because a fusion-reactor do store the heat at a level like the actual reactor do. normally a typical fusion-reactor is smaller the a nuklear like the blocksize between IC and this addone. a fusion-reactor hase one heater so this block is in a great heating. only the power output is to low for a fusion reactor but thats not that big problem at all.

• Actually that output makes a noticeable loss - if I'm right - one Tritium cell produces ~1 280 000 of power >> 4 Tritium cells would make ~5,1 energy >>> 5 u-matter >>> 48 clay >>> 2,4 Tritium cells
    So basically,even after modifications,it's not enough power :( and I didn't count cost,time,etc.

Also, why 1 Litium-6 and Deterium-2 make only ONE Tritium-3 cell?Am I missing something? :(
    A reaction has to have an output of borum-5 and tritium-3 or alike..

• Actually that output makes a noticeable loss - if I'm right - one Tritium cell produces ~1 280 000 of power >> 4 Tritium cells would make ~5,1 energy >>> 5 u-matter >>> 48 clay >>> 2,4 Tritium cells
    So basically,even after modifications,it's not enough power :( and I didn't count cost,time,etc.

I don't think you are supposed to create tritium via UUM.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• Could someone explain this error?

• I aint sure, 'cause i've never written a single line of java, but EITHER vanilla IC2's explosives aren't loaded correctly, or (probaply) rocketscience doesn't overwrite the vanilla IC2 nuke code properly.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• I don't think you are supposed to create tritium via UUM.

Than there is no point in using clay,it's friggin rare resource,and you should waste 20 clay and 1 deiterium for one tritium,which is worth 1 280 000 -my guess,that using a nuke reactor without chambers with a single uranium and 4 coolant cells is WAY more efficient

If isotopic separator for lithium-6 would give a 10% rate (roughly 10 clay per tritium),than 4 tritium would make 5 u-matter >>> 48 clay,which would be roughly 5 tritim,which is more or less profitable (or I'm way too rough here >_>)
    Still,clay isn't something,that is wasted - it is a highly needed resource,and this update isn't worth wasting it,IMHO

Still,a fusion reaction is waay too funny here,making 1 H-3 from 1 Li-6 and so on.
    Shame,we can't use nuclear
    :(

• Than there is no point in using clay,it's friggin rare resource,and you should waste 20 clay and 1 deiterium for one tritium,which is worth 1 280 000 -my guess,that using a nuke reactor without chambers with a single uranium and 4 coolant cells is WAY more efficient

If isotopic separator for lithium-6 would give a 10% rate (roughly 10 clay per tritium),than 4 tritium would make 5 u-matter >>> 48 clay,which would be roughly 5 tritim,which is more or less profitable (or I'm way too rough here >_>)
    Still,clay isn't something,that is wasted - it is a highly needed resource,and this update isn't worth wasting it,IMHO

Still,a fusion reaction is waay too funny here,making 1 H-3 from 1 Li-6 and so on.
    Shame,we can't use nuclear
    :(

You fail to realize that clay is like 10% of the visible bottom of oceans, I could just jump down there with my quantum suit and mining laser set to explosive and come up with stacks of the stuff.

• You fail to realize that clay is like 10% of the visible bottom of oceans, I could just jump down there with my quantum suit and mining laser set to explosive and come up with stacks of the stuff.

Yeah, clay is quite common now in the 1.0 release. I've got a stack of clay blocks in one of my chests and tons more within easy reach.

• Official Post

Axor: Thanks for finding that, I'll fix it in the next release. (Although, who in their right mind would try to put water into a highly delicate fusion reactor?)

Spoonikle: Multi-block fusion reactors were considered early on in development and quickly abandoned. The difficulty of coming up with a balanced system and accounting for all the bizarre things players might try to do with them (see the water comment above) just makes it not worth the effort.

Hava: Can't help you without an error log. (I hope you don't mind if I chuckle at the thought of Steve building a cool new autominer, only to watch it devour his house - next time, you might want to put it a little further away.)

Sliderpro: Lithium-6 captures neutrons released from fusion (whether D-D or D-T) and then fissions into tritium and helium-4. The helium is discarded as waste, leaving a tritium cell behind.

Tangentdelta: That's a confusing error, since the most recent version of Rocket Science doesn't modify IC2 in any way. (Earlier versions did, but for the sake of compatibility the new explosion code is only used for missiles, not the nuke block) If you look at the stack trace, you'll see that no Rocket Science class is called at any point, so it's likely an error in IC2 itself - looks like the mod_IC2 class isn't initializing properly.

Sliderpro again: Lithium extraction was balanced for 1.0 worlds (and I intentionally made the infinite energy UUM exploit unusable), so unfortunately those of us with older maps will lag behind a little in the fusion department. Just head through the Nether for a little while, pop out in a 1.0 chunk, and you'll have all the clay you need.

• Well about clay..never noticed that,gotta check right now >_>

About He-4..would't it be nice to create lamps with it? lots of possible room for imagination,like - coloring with dyes and charging these lamps and making new type fo colored lighting?(like differently colored torches,making disco avaliable :D ) and so on? low EU transmitting cables,which emit yellow light,when EU flowing through? it's merely a suggestion about what MC really lacks :( still,we may turn it into D-2 cell and T-3 cell,using neutron help >_> actually something tells me,that we may need 2 fusion reactors-cold synthesis and hot >_> goddamit I ate too much chocolate 8|

• man oh man I love this addon, but I can't charge the wet/dry vac :(. assuming it's a bug so I'm just NEI'ing myself new ones >_>.

• Well about clay..never noticed that,gotta check right now >_>

About He-4..would't it be nice to create lamps with it? lots of possible room for imagination,like - coloring with dyes and charging these lamps and making new type fo colored lighting?(like differently colored torches,making disco avaliable :D ) and so on? low EU transmitting cables,which emit yellow light,when EU flowing through? it's merely a suggestion about what MC really lacks :( still,we may turn it into D-2 cell and T-3 cell,using neutron help >_> actually something tells me,that we may need 2 fusion reactors-cold synthesis and hot >_> goddamit I ate too much chocolate 8|

Actually it's not D-2 or T-3. It's H-2 and H-3. H is for the element, hydrogen, and the number is for the atomic mass of the isotope. Deuterium is hydrogen with an atomic mass of 2 AMU. Tritium is hydrogen with an atomic mass of 3 AMU.

And you can never have too much chocolate.

• Actually it's not D-2 or T-3. It's H-2 and H-3. H is for the element, hydrogen, and the number is for the atomic mass of the isotope. Deuterium is hydrogen with an atomic mass of 2 AMU. Tritium is hydrogen with an atomic mass of 3 AMU.

And you can never have too much chocolate.

I know that perfectly,it's just a matter of comfort >_> I should write in a different way with protons and neutrons,but I don't care xD

• anyways, this page has became a page for isotopes...... lol
    wouldn't it be nice if we can take the empty cells out of the isotope seperator via pipes or tubes?
    and how in the hell do you make that tritium cell thingy (i tried to place clay blocks and clay into both the ic2 extractor and the isotope seperator but nothing worked)

• You can get the empty cells either with advanced wooden extractor pipes from Additional pipes (place an empty cell in the pipe) or a filter with an empty pipe inside should do the trick. If not a retriever might be worth a try, too. The wooden pipe method works, I already tested it, but I am not yet experienced with RP tubes, only just started using them.