[Addon v1.95]Rocket Science v0.89 - flying autominers, missiles, and nuclear fusion!

• I did try putting it in the mods folder, like i said i tried following the instructions. I only put it in the JAR because i was getting desperate. I've tried everything i can think of to make it work but it won't, i really wanna get this working.

Did you take the Rocket science.jar out of the zip folder before you put it in the /mods folder?

I did try putting it in the mods folder, like i said i tried following the instructions. I only put it in the JAR because i was getting desperate. I've tried everything i can think of to make it work but it won't, i really wanna get this working.

Post error log...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I did try putting it in the mods folder, like i said i tried following the instructions. I only put it in the JAR because i was getting desperate. I've tried everything i can think of to make it work but it won't, i really wanna get this working.

Installation
    Drag-and-drop the jar in the attached zip into your .minecraft/mods folder, then place the ic2 folder from the zip into your IC2 jar.

• aceman4521: yes i did take the rocket science.jar out of the zip folder

MagusUnion: It's not crashing and i'm not getting an error log, it's just not installing any of the new recipes or anything

I'm not sure what the problem is but i just can't seem to install it. :(

Did you open your mods folder, use WinRAR to open the Industrial-Craft2 .jar file, put the ic2 folder file from the Rocket Science zip into there, and but the Rocket Science .jar file from the zip into your mods folder?

• Bah, someone else beat me to the punch on my previous post. D:

Anyways, I posted this on another AddOn's thread, but I'm reasonably sure it's better placed here.

I did some more testing, and it appears that this occurs simply by having Rocket Science installed with Advanced Generators, and occurs when using any electrical tool whilst having a quantumsuit bodyarmor equipped. My guess would be that this is more the fault of Rocket Science than Advanced Generators, and involves the Rocket Science batpack coding. This also affects the Mining Laser and Electric Wrench. I haven't tested it with the Nano Saber, but I assume it's the same for that. All the electric items work fine without chest armor on, but crash the game with it. I'll post this on the Rocket Science thread to see if I can get feedback there as well.

--------------

It may not be the fault of Advanced Generators, but I can understand how it could be a Rocket Science problem, given that it only affects electrical tools while having an item in the chest equipment slot, where a batpack would be. It does not happen when having only Rocket Science installed, but I would like to know whether there's hope of this being resolved in the near future.

Additionally, this does not occur with only Advanced Generators installed, and does not depend on whether or not addon blocks are nearby.

• I am now in the same boat as the others, no reaction from this mod after installing it.
    Now to shoot down the obvious causes, then yes RocketScience.jar is in the mods folder, even tried by adding a Z in front of its name to make it load as the last one.
    And the 2x class files have been added to the ic2.jar, to make sure they were added, I extracted them and MD5'd the source and the ones that were in there, and they are the same, meaning they got installed.
    ModLoader also reports the mod as loaded and no errors in the modloader log either :S

• I am now in the same boat as the others, no reaction from this mod after installing it.
    Now to shoot down the obvious causes, then yes RocketScience.jar is in the mods folder, even tried by adding a Z in front of its name to make it load as the last one.
    And the 2x class files have been added to the ic2.jar, to make sure they were added, I extracted them and MD5'd the source and the ones that were in there, and they are the same, meaning they got installed.
    ModLoader also reports the mod as loaded and no errors in the modloader log either :S

Were the files added to the ic2 jar properly? You added the ic2 file itself to the ic2 jar, and not the files within the ic2 folder from the zip?

Had the same issue as you Loren. How I got around it was mod load order with regards to item IDs. Found that Rocket Science needed its default IDs set in stone; so (using ID Resolver) installed the prerequisites; then IC2; then Rocket Science; then red power 2; then buildcraft; then the rest of the addons I use (assorted IC2 / BC addons).

• @Kyael
    I checked both of them, and I MD5'ed the files and they were changed.
    If you MD5 a file you can ensure it is the same one if you get the same hash, for an example:
    If I make a text file with the content "LorenLarsa" and MD5 that, I get the hash: ACC769B428AADB9522F6F135C326CBA3 and the filesize: 10 bytes since it is 10 characters and 1 byte per character.
    However, the filesize is unchanged if I change the text to "LorenLars." , but not the same content, MD5 hash will change however to: 91E7AECE5742A0BF61251EF3B6896AC5
    And as such I KNOW the file is not the same, and thus is changed... I extracted the files out of the ic2.jar and MD5'ed them against RocketScience that I downloaded and they were a 100% match on the MD5 hash, which means that the one in the IC2.jar had been changed.
    MD5 Checker is a nice tool to have lying around as it allows you to quickly spot changed files.

dispatchcompg: Yeah I figure it is a little jumbling or something screwy with the mod and several others in the same mixed bowl, but I might give your solution a go and see what happens, just hope ID Resolver don't change around some of my IDs that is already in use, got some nice biogas engines going as well as petro chemical generators to use my buildcraft oil :D

• I know that this has been asked before, but y isn't my fusion reactor working?
    Is it a cable problem?
    The thing in the back is a solar panel

• Not sure if it's in the thread or not search isn't helping but why am I getting a sapling on top of my missiles?

I'm getting the same thing. I assume that there is some nosecone block, but for some reason. It thinks it should use block 6 instead.

• First of all, thanks for your addon! :D
    And the bugreport:
    It would seem that the Crystal BatPack is effected by an overpowering bug :( The Lapotron might be too - I don't have one yet.

What happens is after using it for a good while, the charge of it does drop as it should.

If I then save/quit and later come back to play, it'll have gained charge on it's own. (Last time, it was under half energy aprox, at return, it was almost full again)
    Also sometimes to the point of the 'health bar' not showing, and if put into an MFE, it'll put the excess energy into the MFE and show the health bar again.
    8)

• I finally got it to work! :) The problem seemed to be that i changed some block IDs in the config for IC2. Thanks for the help guys, now, time to have fun with those missles :D

• Doing some maths with the fusion reactors. The reactors put out 300k EU @ 30eu/tick, which means they last for 10k ticks. The isotope separator draws 5eu/tick and requires 512 eu for one operation. That means it takes 103ticks per operation of the separator, which translates to a fuel cell every 1030 ticks. This pretty much says that 1 separator can run almost 10 reactors non-stop given an endless supply of tin and an automatic crafting area. This is amazing, because the 10 reactors operations (without scrap) produce 3 uu matter, which makes 5 tin ore, turns into 10 tin, which turns into 40 cells. Which is twice the amount put in. This thing literally doubles it's potential energy every cycle of the reactors. Pretty nifty stuff :D

(Mind you, it takes either intense micro or automation using buildcraft, as rp2 cannot pull from the empty cell slot of the separator)

• Doing some maths with the fusion reactors. The reactors put out 300k EU @ 30eu/tick, which means they last for 10k ticks. The isotope separator draws 5eu/tick and requires 512 eu for one operation. That means it takes 103ticks per operation of the separator, which translates to a fuel cell every 1030 ticks. This pretty much says that 1 separator can run almost 10 reactors non-stop given an endless supply of tin and an automatic crafting area. This is amazing, because the 10 reactors operations (without scrap) produce 3 uu matter, which makes 5 tin ore, turns into 10 tin, which turns into 40 cells. Which is twice the amount put in. This thing literally doubles it's potential energy every cycle of the reactors. Pretty nifty stuff :D

(Mind you, it takes either intense micro or automation using buildcraft, as rp2 cannot pull from the empty cell slot of the separator)

I accept your challenge 8) though buildcraft bucketfiller addon and additional pipes will be used

• You are able to explode the tops of (I believe it was a nuclear) missile by using an IC2 dynamite placed next to the missile body and acquire a glitched block that will crash the game when interacted with after being placed on anything other then a missile body.

Additionally, the mod did not properly load until I changed some conflicting block IDs. (From 20* to 21*) Is there some sort of block ID conflict check happening?

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'