[Addon 1.112] BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft Crossover Mod v2.0[SSP/SMP]

• Official Post

Not sure, it does that with both the client and the server. I think it might be IC2's sound system, but that is just a wild guess.

• now that you got it multiplayer ,could you please port it to BC 3.0.x ?
    nearly every BC based mod is ported to BC 3.0.x (+ I really need the "is something in the pipe feature" for not wasting much EU)
    I know you said you won't do a 3.0.x version until it is out of alpha
    but the last time there was an alpha ,it stayed alpha a long time and shortly after that 3.0 alpha was released.

• I have a bukkit port ready to go. Some small changes:
    1. I removed the "other mod init" stuff. That was causing double init of IC2, which isn't pretty. bukkit has modloadermp fixed for proper load ordering (alphabetic, from the filesystem), and prepending a z was sufficient to get this to load last, after BC and IC2.
    2. I removed the APIs (both bc and IC2) because they shouldn't be needed if the load order is correct.
    3. I also removed some other cruft that seemed to be left over in your project from something else (bits of BC energy and transport mostly).
    4. I reorganized your ModsLoaded method to register all blocks and tileentities prior to registering the recipes. Bukkit is a bit more strict about this I think.
    5. Finally, I also changed your ModLoader.registerBlock to use the two parameter version: (blockId, ItemClass), which makes for a bit cleaner code.

I hope that's all OK.
    Otherwise it works great, had an electric engine running in my bukkit server already :)

• Official Post

now that you got it multiplayer ,could you please port it to BC 3.0.x ?
    nearly every BC based mod is ported to BC 3.0.x (+ I really need the "is something in the pipe feature" for not wasting much EU)
    I know you said you won't do a 3.0.x version until it is out of alpha
    but the last time there was an alpha ,it stayed alpha a long time and shortly after that 3.0 alpha was released.

Short answer. No.

BC 3.x still does not have SMP which would pretty much double to work I have to do to do a 3.0 version as I couldn't use my current development environment. However, if you read the BC website, SpaceToad said they will be converging "soon" so that a 2.2.x version would work with 3.x or maybe that 2.2.x is done away with all together. I have considered doing a 3.x patch, but the amount of effort it would take simply isn't worth it right now. But, I can assure you, as soon as he has a stable version of 3.x I will work tirelessly to get this mod updated for it.

• Heres what happend i installed it first and then it crashed then i changed the ids then the id resolver menu came up and then i selected randomly select all ids and then arfter that it crashed then i disabled id resolver and then it crashed heres my crash error

• Official Post

May I do a bukkit port to share at mcportcentral.co.za?

You may do a bukkit port. You may not post it on that site as that would violate IC2 terms. You can upload it to mediafire and PM me the link and I will put it in the OP as an unoffical port made by you.

I have a bukkit port ready to go. Some small changes:
    1. I removed the "other mod init" stuff. That was causing double init of IC2, which isn't pretty. bukkit has modloadermp fixed for proper load ordering (alphabetic, from the filesystem), and prepending a z was sufficient to get this to load last, after BC and IC2.

Yes for some reason Modloader will not overwrite files, but ModloaderMp will. Which is why there is all the init stuff, as it is copied from the SSP source.

2. I removed the APIs (both bc and IC2) because they shouldn't be needed if the load order is correct.

You should be aware that there are files in API folders that are not part of BC's or IC2's API but of my own creation. Currently they are inactive as at the time SpaceToad would not allow the necessary changes to his code, (this was before he changed his license). However, I plan to use them eventually to reduces the number of block IDs this mod uses. Though it will probably not be for a few versions yet.

3. I also removed some other cruft that seemed to be left over in your project from something else (bits of BC energy and transport mostly).
    4. I reorganized your ModsLoaded method to register all blocks and tileentities prior to registering the recipes. Bukkit is a bit more strict about this I think.
    5. Finally, I also changed your ModLoader.registerBlock to use the two parameter version: (blockId, ItemClass), which makes for a bit cleaner code.

I hope that's all OK.
    Otherwise it works great, had an electric engine running in my bukkit server already :)

Yes the project is a mess, it isn't really meant to be looked at by anyone else :P. It's the product of frequent changes of mind, and a function over form mindset.

• Official Post

Heres what happend i installed it first and then it crashed then i changed the ids then the id resolver menu came up and then i selected randomly select all ids and then arfter that it crashed then i disabled id resolver and then it crashed heres my crash error

post your modloader.txt, and use spoiler tags.

• post your modloader.txt, and use spoiler tags.

Thanks for responding so quickly your awesome heres my modloader.txt

• You may do a bukkit port. You may not post it on that site as that would violate IC2 terms. You can upload it to mediafire and PM me the link and I will put it in the OP as an unoffical port made by you.

Really, I don't think that's the case- they've been doing bukkit ports of ic2 for some months now, with Al's approval. But anyway, I tend to upload mods as attachments to posts here and then link them from there anyway, so it won't be a problem.

Link sent. You should mention that it's designed to work with the stuff posted there, however.

Yes for some reason Modloader will not overwrite files, but ModloaderMp will. Which is why there is all the init stuff, as it is copied from the SSP source.

That's because modloader builds it's classloaders a bit differently to modloadermp. I think that modloader is probably more correct, but I think modloadermp is catching up still. Eventually, you'll just be able to declare a dependency on both IC2 and BC and be guaranteed not to be initted until after both of those have been and be able to properly junk this stuff :)

You should be aware that there are files in API folders that are not part of BC's or IC2's API but of my own creation. Currently they are inactive as at the time SpaceToad would not allow the necessary changes to his code, (this was before he changed his license). However, I plan to use them eventually to reduces the number of block IDs this mod uses. Though it will probably not be for a few versions yet.

OK, understood. I'll check to make sure it still works when/if I next port it.

Yes the project is a mess, it isn't really meant to be looked at by anyone else :P. It's the product of frequent changes of mind, and a function over form mindset.

Heh, no that's cool, I understand the big ole' bucket o'stuff mentality myself. I do recommend you adopt #4 and #5 for yourself though :)

• Hi, I've just re-downloaded to check I have the latest version and that it is compatible with the IC2 and BC versions I'm trying to run (1.43 and 2.2.10 respectively). Had a block ID conflict to start with, which I sorted out in the config file. However, I am still getting an error when loading Minecraft. (Hopefully it's correctly inside a spoiler, I'm totally new to this coding on forums, so apologies if it's not)

Thank You for any advice.

• Official Post

Not sure looks like the block ID is fine but the item ID isn't. I dunno maybe you have an item ID that is between 0 and 255? Post modloader.txt.

• Official Post

That is your modloader.cfg, I need your modloader.txt. It is in .minecraft directory.

• Not sure looks like the block ID is fine but the item ID isn't. I dunno maybe you have an item ID that is between 0 and 255? Post modloader.txt.

As requested, Modloader.txt, Part 1 of 2. Too long for one post.

• I assume there's work going into the BC 2.2.11 conversion, but if I can offer some debugging insight: I installed this version of the crossover with .11, and I got a "saving chunks" error after 30-ish seconds into playing. No items from the mod are currently present in my world.

• I'm finally getting around to getting my minecraft updated, and I'm down to just a couple of minor issues. This mod accounting for about 2/3 of those 'minor issues'.

My problem - Server throws errors when adding BC<->IC2 conversion. Was hoping the new 1.14 would fix, but no go :(

halp please?

<ModLoader.txt> (trimmed to show just the errors, full log was over the 10K forum limit)

Just ask if you need more info...

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.