[Addon 1.112] BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft Crossover Mod v2.0[SSP/SMP]

• BC is really heavy in development, check github.
    However, I wish someone could remake petrogen T_T
    I still have high hopes for plugin 4 forestry mod, as author promised to add tons of liquid recepies to biopower gen

I still have high hopes for plugin 4 forestry mod, as author promised to add tons of liquid recepies to biopower gen

i cannot wait for this to be completed *metaphorically speaking*
    i have both ic2 and bc running on 1.3.2 and love it, although ive been waiting for something to comeout that integrates them like this!
    take your time and thankyou very much!

• I have a few complaints about your engines.
    First, you should have a no-overheat engine, called the small electric engine, that gives say double the MJ of the redstone engine, and accepts ap to the maximum voltage a tin cable can transmit, and should be crafted like this:
    :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log:
    :Glass Fibre: :Tesla Coil: :Glass Fibre:
    MinecraftSlime :Rubber Trampoline: MinecraftSlime
    :Rubber Log: =rubber tree, :Glass Fibre: =tin cable, :Tesla Coil: =glass, MinecraftSlime =wooden gear, :Rubber Trampoline: =piston.

Then the medium electric engine would be like this, and would function like the current small engine:
    :Tin Ingot: :Tin Ingot: :Tin Ingot:
    :Cable: :Tesla Coil: :Cable:
    :Tin Ingot: =tin ingot, :Cable: =copper cable, MinecraftSlime =stone gear.

Large, and function like the current medium:
    :Copper Ingot: :Copper Ingot: :Copper Ingot:
    :Cable: :Tesla Coil: :Cable:
    :Copper Ingot: =copper ingot, :Cable: =gold cable, MinecraftSlime =iron gear.

Indutrial, and functions 2x worse than the current industrial engine:
    :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: =refined iron, :Glass Fibre: =HV cable, MinecraftSlime =gold gear.

Ultra:
    :Metal Block: :Metal Block: :Metal Block:
    :Glass Fibre: =optic fibre cable, MinecraftSlime =diamond gear.
    It should have to be fileed by 3 fully dedicated pumps at the same time running at maximum speed trough golden waterproof pipes to remain cool. It should give 250 MJ per tick, wich is half the maximum a pipe can hold.
    As for the textures, I think the materials tell what it should look like.
    I personally think that would be much more intuitive, and it would be great in the next update.

• i find it hard to wait for this to get updated im getting tired of having to hunt down oil to convert to fuel to power my combustion engines to power my quarries and stuff

A petroleum generator in the spirit of the forestry bio generator is a mod I am currently working on, with similar power ratios - producing 1.5 million EU from a fuel bucket seems excessive to me. The current flurry of development and updates to 1.4.4 are slowing things down, but I'm hoping to have something in the next week or two for people to play with - I've already got a 'magic' generator that produces free EU (woot!). I just need to integrate the LiquidStack code (which is now in Forge itself) and start pumping in some hydrocarbon goodness!

C.

EDIT: Now found here:
    [Addon 1.109] Petroleum Generator 0.5 - burn baby burn.. for EU! [beta]

• There are already versions of IC2 and buildcraft available form IRC or github. Do you plan to continue develpoment for 1.4?

• 8 eu for 1 mj? Ouch... that would be like 80ish EU to run a quarry. Seems a little excessive, but I probably missed something. The path of least resistance in this case would be to pick up an engine from Forestry, I think it'll run 8-9 mj at 35ish eu. The balance being a little too overtuned imo. Still a good mod tho, if people like to convert energy between mods.

• Official Post

8 eu for 1 mj? Ouch... that would be like 80ish EU to run a quarry. Seems a little excessive, but I probably missed something. The path of least resistance in this case would be to pick up an engine from Forestry, I think it'll run 8-9 mj at 35ish eu. The balance being a little too overtuned imo. Still a good mod tho, if people like to convert energy between mods.

The conversion factor is, in fact, based on a comparison between the quarry and the IC2 miner. It takes 960 EU to dig one level with the miner, and 60 MJ to break a block with the quarry. The quarry being the quintessential BC machine makes it, imho, a good point of comparison. That actually works out to 16 EU per MJ. I halved it because it did seem high. Though the only reason it seems high is because there are other mods that use a cheaper factor. If you consider the fact that you can only gain MJ in BC itself from actually burning some form of fuel, with no energy storage, and in IC2 you can, for free (after the initial cost of building the generator) generate energy from sun, water, and wind; then store that for later use, one must come to the conclusion that it should take even more EU to product one MJ.

However, if you do not agree with me, it is quite easy to change the single number in the config file to whatever you wish.

• That actually works out to 16 EU per MJ. I halved it because it did seem high. Though the only reason it seems high is because there are other mods that use a cheaper factor. If you consider the fact that you can only gain MJ in BC itself from actually burning some form of fuel, with no energy storage, and in IC2 you can, for free (after the initial cost of building the generator) generate energy from sun, water, and wind; then store that for later use, one must come to the conclusion that it should take even more EU to product one MJ.

Hmmm ... Redstone engines ? (as infinite MJ generation). Has it been changed since I've used BC ? I guess not.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• could you add a config for the MJ - > EU ratio in the petrochemical generator? I wish to set it to 33EU/t per 21 MJ (to match the RC steam engine -> nuclear reactor steam output), but there does not seem to be a config option. atm it seems to take 16MJ/t to make 16EU/t

edit: or add a steam generator that works on the same ratio as the RC steam turbine, but a lower maximum output (say 4-8EU/t)