[Addon 1.112] BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft Crossover Mod v2.0[SSP/SMP]

• Official Post

could you add a config for the MJ - > EU ratio in the petrochemical generator? I wish to set it to 33EU/t per 21 MJ (to match the RC steam engine -> nuclear reactor steam output), but there does not seem to be a config option. atm it seems to take 16MJ/t to make 16EU/t

edit: or add a steam generator that works on the same ratio as the RC steam turbine, but a lower maximum output (say 4-8EU/t)

When running from MJ it uses the PetrochemicalGeneratorLowEURate config option. The conversion is the same as for oil. To do what you want it would need to be set at 25, with some error due to rounding.

• When running from MJ it uses the PetrochemicalGeneratorLowEURate config option. The conversion is the same as for oil. To do what you want it would need to be set at 25, with some error due to rounding.

ok, thanks, I will probably set to a bit lower (20-22), to add some more loss (not losing steel like the RC turbines would) then not burn anything in them besides fuel (else would make other things op to burn)

• Working on a rush update to 1.4.6. Since I have to leave to visit family tomorrow I am not certain if I will finish it in time. If I do it will not be as thoroughly tested as normal since that takes many hours in and of itself.

I hope Useful foods make it in time most my players depend on that now I don't know if we can live without hehe.

Enjoy your holidays :)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• i love ic2 and bc and the bcic2 crossover. only issue i have on is the industrial electric engine, it keeps placing items from the quarry into the block that you place water items in to boost the cooling, wish i had done a snap shot to show what i am referring to.

Hell holds nothing on me, my soul already belongs to God!

• Official Post

i love ic2 and bc and the bcic2 crossover. only issue i have on is the industrial electric engine, it keeps placing items from the quarry into the block that you place water items in to boost the cooling, wish i had done a snap shot to show what i am referring to.

The quarry automatically places its items into any adjacent inventory, not really anything I can do about it.

• i love ic2 and bc and the bcic2 crossover. only issue i have on is the industrial electric engine, it keeps placing items from the quarry into the block that you place water items in to boost the cooling, wish i had done a snap shot to show what i am referring to.

use a conductive pipe to transfer the power.

• Just pointing out that the recipe for the Dense Bronze Plates isn't being registered with the ore dictionary, Forestry bronze ingots don't work. Not a big deal, I can just block/unblock the ingots, but posting here nonetheless.

• http://i.imgur.com/sr5sg.png

Forestry bronze is called 'Bronze Ingot' while IC2 bronze is called just 'Bronze'. The compressor on the right is running currently with the IC2 bronze, while the one on the left with the GUI open is not running.

VERY usefull Picture! It so cool that everybody loves this Texture Pack and know what Things that are!

Sarcasm Selftest Completed

• VERY usefull Picture! It so cool that everybody loves this Texture Pack and know what Things that are!

There's nothing in that picture that I'm trying to convey visually. 'Bronze Ingot' is clearly shown, and the problem is nothing is being outputted.

Someone needs to calm down and get off their high horse.

• Someone needs to calm down and get off their high horse.

Yep, especially why the criticism is even more useless than your picture ^^.
    And wait ... this addon isn't dead ? I thought so ^^.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

http://i.imgur.com/sr5sg.png

Forestry bronze is called 'Bronze Ingot' while IC2 bronze is called just 'Bronze'. The compressor on the right is running currently with the IC2 bronze, while the one on the left with the GUI open is not running.

I'll check it in the next version. Can't do it immediately as I am in the middle of adding cool new stuff.

• Hello, could You nerf biofuel ratio? In standard config that rates is : 128000 EU which is 4 times more then forestry biogenerator. I tried to nerf sugar canes in fermenter in forestry config and all i did is 18 sugar canes to one biomass x 3.3 = 60 sugar canes = one biofuel = 128 000 EU (over 2000 EU from one sugar cane) which is a bit OP. I dont know , maybe transfer Biofuel to low energy fuel would be better option? Because it's impossible to nerf biofuel without fuel in config .

I tried some other mods with some hidden crossover capabilities (Thermal Expansion - Lava production with BC energy - one bucket of lava costs 20000 MJ - the same is in Buildcraft APS) so in my opinion best way to balance of all is : set Petrochemical Generator to hi power 20 EU/t (160 000 Eu /bucket fuel, set low power to 5 EU/t from 16 EU/t AND most important greatly nerf Geothermal Generator from 20 EU to 5 EU/t in ic2 config option. So lets calc: one fuel bucket can produce 30 lava buckets (20000 MJ * 30 buckets = 600000 MJ = 1 fuel) and 30 buckets of lava * 5 EU = 150 000 EU , so almost the same like petrochemical generator low value fuel to 5 EU (160 000 EU). that math fits perfectly for ALL BC engines from my observations. But nerfing of Biofuel would be very nice in this math to its 50% value ( from 20 EU/t one bucket of biofuel gave 80000 EU so 50% would gave 40000 EU. Ofc that only my humble opinion.

Sorry for my terrible english. BTW , Your mod is awesome. Best of all crossovers.

Edited 2 times, last by svebos: More testing ().

• Official Post

Hello, could You nerf biofuel ratio? In standard config that rates is : 128000 EU which is 4 times more then forestry biogenerator. I tried to nerf sugar canes in fermenter in forestry config and all i did is 18 sugar canes to one biomass x 3.3 = 60 sugar canes = one biofuel = 128 000 EU (over 2000 EU from one sugar cane) which is a bit OP. I dont know , maybe transfer Biofuel to low energy fuel would be better option? Because it's impossible to nerf biofuel without fuel in config .

I tried some other mods with some hidden crossover capabilities (Thermal Expansion - Lava production with BC energy - one bucket of lava costs 20000 MJ - the same is in Buildcraft APS) so in my opinion best way to balance of all is : set Petrochemical Generator to hi power 20 EU/t (160 000 Eu /bucket fuel, set low power to 5 EU/t from 16 EU/t AND most important greatly nerf Geothermal Generator from 20 EU to 5 EU/t in ic2 config option. So lets calc: one fuel bucket can produce 30 lava buckets (20000 MJ * 30 buckets = 600000 MJ = 1 fuel) and 30 buckets of lava * 5 EU = 150 000 EU , so almost the same like petrochemical generator low value fuel to 5 EU (160 000 EU). that math fits perfectly for ALL BC engines from my observations. But nerfing of Biofuel would be very nice in this math to its 50% value ( from 20 EU/t one bucket of biofuel gave 80000 EU so 50% would gave 40000 EU. Ofc that only my humble opinion.

Sorry for my terrible english. BTW , Your mod is awesome. Best of all crossovers.

My math does not agree with yours, it takes ~166 sugarcane for one biofuel using water, unless some other mod is changing the conversion on my end? Then there is the need for fertilizer/compost/mulch for each sugar cane, add to that the energy required to make the biofuel... and well I dunno the numbers don't seem as bad as you make them out to be.

You also seem to be misunderstanding what high and low energy fuel means. The conversion for high energy fuel is less than the conversion for low energy fuels.

I will look at the conversion factors again and see if they need tweaking, if I can find the time before the next version is released.

Edit:

I check, and you were correct on the amount of sugarcane, it seems NEI was incorrect. However, using my electric engines you need about 640,000 EU (about 5 buckets worth) to make 1 bucket of biofuel, so the fact that it gives you 128,000 EU back seems trivial. In fact, it would seem the amount of EU generated needs to go up, or that my electric engines need to be made a bit more efficient.

• Hello,
    As of low energy fuel consumption i mean directly pumping BC energy from BC engines to your Petrochemical Generator which is more fancy method then making a lava in eg. Thermal Expansion's Magma Crucible and then burning it in Geothermal Generator. But balance should be preserved in 2 conditions : 1. setting up low EU rate from default 16EU to 5 EU/t. 2. setting geothermal generator also to 5 EU/t from 20 EU/t.
    Electrical engines will be great then after reducing amount of EU need from 8 to 4 per 1 BC. It will be nice inneficency coz of second law of thermodynamics :), but electrical engines should be used in non constant working situations in my opinion unless we have too much uranium or other crazy stuff from GregTech. We have so much BC liquid fuels now , (Plugins for Forestry), and i think that with that rates Petrochemical Generator is solution to transfer all that crazy liquids energy to EU. :) And better option is making from lava something worthy instead of making energy like TE liquiducts, copper, eletrum, tin from GT industrial centrifuge so nerf lava :)

Only pain is biofuel which is entangled to fuel :)

Sry for my bad english again .

EDIT:

oh, i have tweaked forestry config again in sugar canes consumption and fermener ate 34 canes now and burn 23 000 MJ for one biomass can (50000 MJ ) so its much better now with net 27000 MJ :) I think that config doesnt like too small values, changed from 10 to 30 and ate 34 canes now. Problem Solved 8)

• Official Post

The MJ conversion when running of of conductive pipes is getting nerfed in the next version. It will use the same conversion as for fuel.