[Sugestion] Redisign of Nano-Sabre/Chainsaw

• Suggestion:
    Redesign Nano Sabre or redesign Chainsaw.

Description
    The Nano-Sabre is redundant in its current functionality, because the chainsaw can do what the sabre does and more.

Killing a hostile mob with the Nano-Sabre and the chainsaw both take two strikes. The chainsaw doesn't need to be turned on/off and also cuts down wood.
    Due to that the Nano-Sabre isn't useful.
    To fix this either make the Nano-Sabre a one hit killer (you still have to switch it on and off) or reduce the damage of the chainsaw, so it takes three hits to drop a hostile mob.

Recipe:
    No change to existing recepies necessary.

Liebe Grüße aus Südhessen :)

• Please don't nerf my Chainsaw.. its so satisfying to kill Zombies while hearing the sound of it revving..

Just make the Nanosaber deal more damage.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• Nano-saber killing in one hit isn't particularly overpowered, because you still have to monitor power usage and recharge it periodically.

If you wanted something that kills in 2 hits, the diamond sword uses a comparable amount of resources, never needs recharging and generally never needs replacement unless you're hunting mobs full-time.

If it's really a problem, I don't think doubling the nanosaber's energy usage would be uncalled for.

• Official Post

Both the Chainsaw and Nano-saber are meant to be of Diamond Sword Strength.

The Plus side to the Chainsaw: Cuts wood quickly

The Plus side to the Nano-Saber: Heavily Damages other Player's Nano-suits).

I feel as if they fit the role they were intended to be rather well (In short: the Nano saber was implemented for PVP purposes only).

• I like it how you're stating a fact that was never documented anywhere as if it's something obvious.

• Official Post

I like it how you're stating a fact that was never documented anywhere as if it's something obvious.

It's called research:

4. NanoSword, Batbox? Hell, how do you know of this secret projects consisting of a laser-sword like weapon to cut through nanosuits and the Tier 1 MFE called woodern batbox? I think i need to slap someone in the dev team for constantly leaking informations :O

I know it's mentioned in other places as well, but this is the one that I remember and could find the easiest.

Edit:

http://forum.industrial-craft.…read&postID=3952#post3952

• Yes, for SMP this might make sense, but for SSP it's really not useful at all.
    And if that's the only application of the Sabre that erects it over the Chainsaw in SMP, I still say it's not really worth it.
    The difference is too little IMO.

• Official Post

Yes, for SMP this might make sense, but for SSP it's really not useful at all.
    And if that's the only application of the Sabre that erects it over the Chainsaw in SMP, I still say it's not really worth it.
    The difference is too little IMO.

Look it was built for the PVP server owners who requested it, because nano suits were not balanced for them, not for SSP, if you don't like it, guess what you don't have to make it, and you don't ever have to think about it, obviously it wasn't designed for you, so what difference does it make for you?

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• Look it was built for the PVP server owners who requested it, because nano suits were not balanced for them, not for SSP, if you don't like it, guess what you don't have to make it, and you don't ever have to think about it, obviously it wasn't designed for you, so what difference does it make for you?

I agree with this and accept it 100%. But your lacking an equivalent range damage for use against nano suits.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Look it was built for the PVP server owners who requested it, because nano suits were not balanced for them, not for SSP, if you don't like it, guess what you don't have to make it, and you don't ever have to think about it, obviously it wasn't designed for you, so what difference does it make for you?

See, even your language is a bit harsh, I get it. The problem was, it doesn't have a label "Designet only for SMP"
    I've just seen, that in my SSP game, it's redundant, and thought I'd make a suggerstion to make it better.

Thread can be closed.

• Official Post

NanoSaber is intentionnaly not onehitting casual mobs. However, if you fight against anything with more then 10 hearts, you will easyly spot it deals more damage then chainsaw.

In either case, the NanoSabers original use is to make PvP fights possible again. Even with chainsaw it took ages to take down somebody in a full Nano/Quantum Suit.
    The NanoSaber deal extreme bonus damage on people wearing these suits. Somewhat about ~30 hearts if i'm not mistaken.

• It's called research:

I apologize for the implication, and that's fair enough, but you can't possibly be seriously suggesting I figure out there's some secret hidden quantity to the sword and go off searching with that in mind. I read the wiki religiously, but I'm beginning to realize it's kind of half useful at best. I knew it does more than 5 hearts, because it can oneshot crit things, but the extra damage to N/Qsuits isn't possible to figure out unless I make a habit of killing everyone I see.

• Since the nano-saber has a PVP purpose any chance you could make the tesla coil do insane amounts of damage to people in nano/quantum armor so it still retains its function in PVP? I noticed people in suits marching through the things as if they hadn't stopped the entire allied army from invading the soviet union.

The allied army didn't have a scientist who discovered that the mass fabricator could run far faster with a special material that could be made from anything, and hence were unable to, even with an outrageous amount of fossil-fuel burning, produce as much as 3 iridium plates, let along enough for everyone to have a suit.

On the serious side, I agree. It should certainly deal more suit damage.