Suggestion: Terraformer Blueprint Nether

• Official Post

Not even sure if its possible, but I'd love to see a terraformer blueprint that turns a section of the landscape into The Nether. Maybe have the power requirements be up there (highest power requirement of all TFBPs).

Thanks -- LOVE this mod!

• Not even sure if its possible, but I'd love to see a terraformer blueprint that turns a section of the landscape into The Nether. Maybe have the power requirements be up there (highest power requirement of all TFBPs).

Thanks -- LOVE this mod!

I think it won't be possible, as the nether is a completely different dimension, with different lighting and bedrock at the roof. Bedrock at the roof could be possible, but due to the different lighting part i think it would be impossible.

• But conversion of blocks is possible. Dirt to soul sand, stone to netterhack, water to lava, trees to glowstone...

• Still, glowstone has limited accessability, compared to infinite wood.

What about terraformer is not creating stuff out of nothing, but reach into corresponding nether point and drags blocks out of there, replacing them with overworlds block? it's like Nether flows through terraformer into Overworld and vice versa.

• I think a good way to compensate for tree-glowstone spamming would be for the terraformer to only make one glowstone per tree, where the tree meets dirt/ bottom of tree.

• What if it just killed plant-life and in order to generate glowstone you would have to make a "glowstone seed" that you could place on any natural world block (or just exclude nether blocks) and when the terraformer runs across one it generates a randomly sized glowstone cluster (like you would see in the nether).

Still, glowstone has limited accessability, compared to infinite wood.

What about terraformer is not creating stuff out of nothing, but reach into corresponding nether point and drags blocks out of there, replacing them with overworlds block? it's like Nether flows through terraformer into Overworld and vice versa.

When I read that, the code from the portal class just went over my eyes; that would require a call to a method that IF the Nether's files don't exist, create them (processor alert!), if they do or was just created, then load that Nether chunk into memory and begin transplanting blocks which can kill a processor in that fashion.

And in regards to the glowstone per tree idea, I like it if this terraformer idea weren't such a memory hog.

And the "Glowstone Seed" idea, again processor issues, having to call a method with each block the Terraformer passes over eats precious time.

Not bad ideas at all, just a little memory-hungry, that's all.

• I think that it should completely get rid of trees, and has a SMALL CHANCE, like 10% of turning a leaf block into glow stone (would still get alot of it seeing as how every 10 leaves is one block)