Minecraft 1.0: Who's Looking Forward to it?

• Sorry but i'm pretty sure if I wasn't looking forward to it (I REALLY AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT) and I told everyone that I didn't look forward to it, I would be shot, or blown up by someone's nuke

Thain (Havasushaun)
    :Uranium Ore: > :Uranium: > :Compressor: > :Uranium Ingot: >????=PROFIT :Nuke TNT:

• Unless and until IndustrialCraft is updated to "Version 1.0" (which is a poorly-chosen name for the version following Beta 1.9), I've got no reason to update.
    I'd rather play 1.81 with all my industrial goodies, than Vanilla retail Minecraft.

• i hate it. the new leveling and stuff is sped and potions and enchanting is just, no. and i was playing around with a new mod and it wasent compatible with ic2 i guess, and i didnt have a back up. so now im stuck in 1.0.0 till ic2,BC,and RP updates. FANTASTIC -_-

- sometimes... i wish a had a mining laser.. -

• i hate it. the new leveling and stuff is sped and potions and enchanting is just, no. and i was playing around with a new mod and it wasent compatible with ic2 i guess, and i didnt have a back up. so now im stuck in 1.0.0 till ic2,BC,and RP updates. FANTASTIC -_-

That's why one keeps seperate folders for their modded and vanilla minecraft installs.
    I use this batch file for my current 1.8 modded install:

Code
    @echo off
    set APPDATA=%cd%\1.8_bc2_ic2_rp2
    Minecraft.exe

Incidentally it also makes the install 100% portable, I can just dump the folder on the flash drive and copy it to the laptop later for play there.

• smart.. im going to to that from now on :p
    problem is. im extremely un organised.
    oh well. ive done this more than once.
    i just used the downgrader

- sometimes... i wish a had a mining laser.. -

• That's why one keeps seperate folders for their modded and vanilla minecraft installs.
    I use this batch file for my current 1.8 modded install:

Code
    @echo off
    set APPDATA=%cd%\1.8_bc2_ic2_rp2
    Minecraft.exe

Incidentally it also makes the install 100% portable, I can just dump the folder on the flash drive and copy it to the laptop later for play there.

Yeah, I'll keep this in mind from now on. I screwed up on Windows (accidentally updated), but the copy I have over on the Linux half of my HDD is still 1.8.1.

Does anyone know how a similar feat to the batch file could be achieved via a bash script (*nix version of the batch command)?

• Yeah, I'll keep this in mind from now on. I screwed up on Windows (accidentally updated), but the copy I have over on the Linux half of my HDD is still 1.8.1.

Does anyone know how a similar feat to the batch file could be achieved via a bash script (*nix version of the batch command)?

apart from playing games with symlinks to ~/.minecraft nothing comes to mind.
    something to the effect of:
    detect and rename any existing directory
    drop a symlink in place
    run launcher than wait
    remove symlink
    re-name original directory if it existed.