Mk5-7 SuC reactor designs

• Am I the only person that thought of harvesting snowmen for snow to make ice? RP + Advanced machines, place block breaker under the snowman in a 1x1x2 cell. Snowmen create snow under them, breaker harvests at an insane rate, feeds an advanced compressor, which feeds ice into a reactor.

• Am I the only person that thought of harvesting snowmen for snow to make ice? RP + Advanced machines, place block breaker under the snowman in a 1x1x2 cell. Snowmen create snow under them, breaker harvests at an insane rate, feeds an advanced compressor, which feeds ice into a reactor.

You aren't, there have been a number of people that have used that mechanic to create INSANE snow/ice farms for CASUC reactors.

• The real issue with using ice (instead of buckets) for coolant is that compressors use up a HUGE amount of EU/t, negating any extra efficiency you gain out of your reactor setup.

If you can manage to use only 1 compressor per ice block (by scraping up snowballs from snowmen) you're looking at a ~12% loss on your effective EU/t (it will vary depending on your exact setup, number of fuel rods, and so on).

If you have to use pumps to pump water (for example, not having access to pumpkins), compress into snowballs (you don't need tin, a pump adjacent to a compressor will allow the compressor to compress the water without the need for an empty cell), and then compress into ice, and use NO upgrades (due to the 12% efficiency loss) you'll need 2 pumps (while one is full and supplying the compressor, the other one is filling) and 2 compressors PER ice block per 20 seconds.

That's an astounding 6 EU/t loss per ice block, or per 15 excess heat.

Alternatively you could simply supply 1 water bucket every 16.67 seconds! Water buckets take 0 EU/t to fill (thanks to Deployers) and can be supplied MUCH more quickly.

• k for any one that reads this thread from now on.... this is REALLY old! lol ive got the the design i like and stuck with it... ty for all input any one has put.. and im still using ice ^^ i just like it better... if mod reads this pls delete and ty

• Actually... With regards to EE

Ice only cost 1 EMC. As such, one stack of obsidian would translte into 64 STACKS of ice. Alternativly to make your system fully automatic

Energy Collector (any rating over a mark 1 is overkill) and an energy condenser. Wooden pipe and any kind of engine (I reccomend combustion as it moves whole stacks at a time) and pipe that ice into the reactor. Keep in mind, a reactor chamber won't accept stuff piped into it. It won't hook up so you can only have a 5 chamber design. aside from that, just let it sit and watch her go. Infinity ice until you run out of fuel. or if you use redstone engines, you'll never run out.

• Ice only cost 1 EMC. As such, one stack of obsidian would translte into 64 STACKS of ice. Alternativly to make your system fully automatic

Energy Collector (any rating over a mark 1 is overkill) and an energy condenser. Wooden pipe and any kind of engine (I reccomend combustion as it moves whole stacks at a time) and pipe that ice into the reactor. Keep in mind, a reactor chamber won't accept stuff piped into it. It won't hook up so you can only have a 5 chamber design. aside from that, just let it sit and watch her go. Infinity ice until you run out of fuel. or if you use redstone engines, you'll never run out.

Fail,fail and fail. You're posting on a two weeks old thread with wrong information. If using EE you will need atleast a mark III energy collector to generate 7 ice blocks per second which the best design needs.
    There is no need to use pipes and engines, just use a redpower filter+timer+tube combo next to the reactor and it will have no overflow and it will lag considerably less than a BC variant. Reactor chambers have been accepting items from pipes and tubes since IC2 1.81, so that is wrong too. And what is the idea of converting obsidian into ice as you can use any other material which isn't a pain to mine?

• Not at high-end CASUC speeds. You need to produce Ice at a rate exceeding 7 blocks / second for a high power CASUC reactor, and that's a wee bit hard to do in survival using a compressor. The entire process also consumes tin at frightening rates.

That is bull! Use overclockers and a lot of compressors. Or advanced machines. Did you not watch direwolf20's season 3 casuc reactor episodes?

• That is bull! Use overclockers and a lot of compressors. Or advanced machines. Did you not watch direwolf20's season 3 casuc reactor episodes?

1st) overclockers use way more energy
    2nd) direwolf20 was using EE to make the snowballs to save on tin
    3rd) if you watched season 3 then you would know that his reactor also exploded
    4th) that post your responding to is 8 months old

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• 1) true but still
    2) still... D: could be snowmen
    3) he used a wireless transmitter instead of a receiver
    4) wow im a derp

• 1) true but still
    2) still... D: could be snowmen
    3) he used a wireless transmitter instead of a receiver
    4) wow im a derp

You end up wasting more energy than you produce, your argument is invalid, and you can't use snowmen anymore. You don't even need tin to make the ice.