Suggestion: Add the missing UU-Matter recipes

• I love the concept of creating any natural item (aside from bedrock or food) from pure matter since the original IC. After checking the recipes using a recipe-book mod, I noticed many blocks and items were left out and I would like you to consider adding their recipes in the next updates.

Blocks: gravel, sand*, fire, leaves, coal ore**, clay block**, diamond ore**, uranium ore**, ice***, tall grass, dandelion, rose, brown and red mushrooms, cactus, sugar cane, wool, vines, lily pad.

Items: Leather, bone, string, enderpearl, slimeball, ink sak, cocoa beans+, saddle+.

Those are items missing from beta 1.8.1, there are a few new in the 1.0 release, such as blaze rods, ghast tears, mycelium and end stone.

Hope it may be considered, the mod is amazing!

thanks in advance! :D

Notes:

*oddly enough, there is a glass recipe, while glass is a manufactured block from sand.

** there are recipes for the item form of those blocks, I think substituting them for the block form would make more sense as is the one that appear naturally in the world (and always drop the same amount of items). Don't remember if a saw the uranium recipe, I think its missing.

***There is a recipe for snow block and one for snowballs (a bit redundant), there's no recipe for ice, maybe exchange it for the snow block?

+ cocoa and saddle are rare dungeon items (pretty unuseful after all), but cocoa is the brown dye and it would be nice to have its recipe.

• I believe Uranium was removed because you could cause an infinite EU gain from it. Possibly solved by having it take 8 UU-Matter in the shape of a chest.

I do have a complaint: 3 UU-Matter for 16 Snowballs. 2 UU-Matter for 4 Snow. I guess it takes 1M EU to break apart 4 Snow Blocks? :wacko: Trading the 3 UU-Matter one for 4, 8, or 12 Ice would be nice.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Official Post

Blocks: gravel, sand*, fire, leaves, coal ore**, clay block**, diamond ore**, uranium ore**, ice***, tall grass, dandelion, rose, brown and red mushrooms, cactus, sugar cane, wool, vines, lily pad.

Gravel: Why?
    Sand: Macerate cobble
    Fire: No, Haxblock
    Ores: No, Haxblock
    Ice: Compress snowballs
    Tall Grass: No, Haxblock
    flowers = use bonemeal with UUM'd bones
    cactus, sugar cane, wool, vines: Valid, will be added
    Lily Pad: Wth is that?

• Is it intended for 16 Snowballs to require 1m EU more then 4 Snow blocks?

If so, I request some sort of EU generator for when I break blocks apart. 250,000 EU per Snow block, yes? :P

If Uranium took 8 UU-Matter to make 1, wouldn't that prevent even the most efficient Reactor from making infinite energy?

Would be nice if Lava(from UU-Matter)+Cell=Lava Cell
    Or if the Lava could be used in a Generator, directly.

Also, I don't remember when lily pads were modified, but they also allow you to walk on top of them in 1.0.0.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Quote from raa1337

I believe Uranium was removed because you could cause an infinite EU gain from it. Possibly solved by having it take 8 UU-Matter in the shape of a chest.

Seriously? So he will remove the water, wind and solar generators too? 8 UU-Matter for 1 uranium seems a bit excessive to me, but fair enough for an "infinite EU gain" that doesn't lag my gameplay.

Quote from Alblaka

Fire, Ores, Tall grass=No, Haxblock

You're right, didn't consider the possible enchantment exploit either.

Quote from Alblaka

Gravel: Why?
    Sand: Macerate cobble

Because gravel is one of the two gravity-affected block, the only block that nether and overworld share, and the only source of flint.
    Why glass? just smelt sand...

Quote from Alblaka

flowers = use bonemeal with UUM'd bones

There's no such bones, if they are planned, please ignore it. Also, it seems you skipped the missing items part. I don't care about the saddle, but everything else would be great!

• I must have missed that one - I don't read every suggestion. It is good that there will finally be a source for bones for people who play on Peaceful.

• Just as a reminder: Gravel = Flint = ITNT... That's why! Gravel is a finite resource (not nearly as abundant as dirt and cobblestone)

And uranium ores, why not just make the recipe expensive enough that you would need a Mark-III A or Mark IV to gain anything from it. I have yet to mess with nuclear power but to my understanding you need to be THERE to operate a nuclear generator after the Mark III rating, thus the gains are directly related to time spent. The same way you could dig a 50,000 block long tunnel and find enough uranium to power your nuclear reactor for the rest of your life.

• I know it was mentioned in passing in the OP, but we definitely need a recipe for roses! Dandelions seem pretty common but I haven't found any roses in my worlds for months. :(

• I know it was mentioned in passing in the OP, but we definitely need a recipe for roses! Dandelions seem pretty common but I haven't found any roses in my worlds for months. :(

It's a bug with 1.8.1, just use TMI or Invedit for now. It's been fixed in 1.0, i've seen roses there in my vanilla game.

• I'll wait, but thanks. I prefer not to use inventory edits - even Equivalent Exchange is "broken" in regards to ease of getting items IMO.

• Or just use Bonemeal on Grass? You can still get them that way.

Only one way to get bones... so for those who play on Peaceful, a UU-M recipe for bones is needed. And bonemeal on grass is so random - sometimes you get nothing, sometimes you get more grass, sometimes you get dandelions... RARELY you get roses. I once burned through the better part of a stack of bonemeal to get a single rose.

The idea behind UU-M recipes should be to provide things that aren't easily obtainable by chance or cannot normally be acquired.