[Idea] Animal Attractor machine

• Another Idea for industrializing some MC 1.0 features. This one refers to the luring of animals with wheat.

Function: This block would be a powered machine that would exert the same attractive force that a player holding wheat would.

Possible Uses:

• Place in the middle of a fenced-off yard (or at the furthest point from the gate) to both keep existing animals in the yard during an addition, and to keep a new animal around if you need to switch items in hand.
    • Place several in a yard to 'snare' wandering animals.

Additionals: No idea as to recipe. As for how it could be said to function, it could take a certain amount of EU to aerosolize a bale of wheat. So it might require both EU and a supply of wheat in order to function. Redstone current to turn on/off

I am guessing that such is difficult or impossible to implement, as the attraction may be linked to players and not applicable to items. However, it is an idea.

Thanks for reading.

• Impossible, as i cannot influence animal behavior without modifying baseclasses.

What about in MC 1.0.0? A Wheat Block! (Because you can attract animals with wheat and all that.)

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Official Post

Behavior for mobs is, TADA, coded into the MOB files.
    Just because there's a mechnism in the mob files, causing them to follow players with wheat equipped, doesn't mean i can duplicate the effect (without creating a clone of the player and giving him a stack of wheat).

• How about a cloning machine? Input leather, get a cow, input bone, get a skeleton, input gunpowder, get a creeper, etc. The energy and material cost of the machine would be similar to that of a teleporter, so you could set up a mob grinder with it, but it would take an awful lot of energy.

• So you kill a cow, put its leather in a machine and receive .. A cow .. ? 8|

Same here but mostly, why no cloning machine where u need to get the cow standing on it ? :P (or something like that)

:Energy Crystal:___:Energy Crystal: I'm crystalized!

• Impossible, as i cannot influence animal behavior without modifying baseclasses.

Yeah, I thought it might be that way. Sounds like hooks for animal behavior might be something to bring up if they are really serious about Mod support.

Putting aside the current impossible-ness, what do you think of the idea, though?