Point of use power generation - RP2 future: frames + timers + 3.66 eff spot power

• I've avoided point of use power generation for various efficiency issues and the headache of lugging around nuke components. However at the moment there prospect of shiny new toys are far more enthralling than the status quo. Thus, I look forward to a vision of frames...

Exploiting both mods the most expensive machines (besides the mass fab) and the most powerful power sources team up in a self contained moving wall of industrial awesomeness.

Power topology: Air cooled nuke powers a storage unit which outputs to miners. An MFE sounds best since there's an on site reactor and it's just buffering. Then duo pump+miner (it'll be in the middle). Quad upgrade is possible with reboosting or using glass fibre.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=101k101001501521s1r11r10
    Edit: Improved slightly: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=101k101001501521s1r11r10

Eff: 3.66
    330eU/t ~6:29 to limit (will fill up an MFE in 2.5 min) Cooldown period (from 2.5 min up) is ~1820 (1/4th the 128eU/t output duration of the buffer)

A small timed bypass circuit will check for power flow every so often; it might dump to a luminator, or just a batbox that then dumps back. (probably the luminator)

Note: this is designed to run backed on a 'beam' with power out one side, and redstone signal in the other. Open air is required in all the other spaces around it. One extra safety space is provided for future use.

Edit:

For true mad science: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=101m101001501521s1r11r10 Run this on a ~ 1:18.9 ratio and power a single miner + a few luminators.

• Putting a reactor on a crawler. That's some serious mad science stuff, there.
    Inspired... and insane. I don't want to be anywhere near that thing when it's working! 8o

• Question is, what will this do to the game logic? I foresee lots of failed attempts with technical reasons being that large unintentional hole where your mining rig previously was.

• There's also the potential that frames will only function properly with RedPower components on them. (or I should say only Redpower Components will function on frames...) That being the case, you could try my idea. I'll be building a fleet of 16x20xN earth borers/tunnelers that lay down tubes behind them and return the mined resources to me, where they are processed and some are converted into more tubes to keep the whole thing going. They also line the tunnel with glass, so I can see all the pretty ores they didn't grab. :thumbup: They'll lay down track, so I can visit them for maintenance, and a simple Detector from RP can be set to stop them on mining of planks or stone bricks, so I can avoid tearing through a mineshaft or stronghold.

Sounds like FUN!

If, and that's a BIG IF, it's possible to attach IC stuff to frames.... OMG.... Mobile Factory that just bores through the earth from bedrock to skycap! 8o

I'll be building a 'rough up' out of wood planks as a stand in for frames and some other RP machine to stand in for the frame motors, in case anyone is interested in the concept. I have already worked out most of the problematic things, like how to attach/move the borer head so it gets all the blocks in front of this thing.

EDIT: Just thought of a way to do a water cooled reactor.... Water might not move with the frames, but Deployers will!

• Official Post

O M G
    If IC stuff works on RP and i've implemented the Warmode...
    Godfuckinghell, once i've got the T4s implented, you could essentially build a gigantic unstable BH-Generator, moving itself into the enemy area and BOOOOOOOMMMWOOOOSHHDEEAAAAAATH!

• 100 nukes? Are you getting Jesus to be your computer or something? Multiple nukes next to each other multiply their output, not add it. Thus 2 nukes= explosion power 144 (assuming the nuke power is 12, which I think it is). If you wanted that explosion power with regular TNT, it would take roughly a 3x3x3 cube of it. A 3x3x3 cube of nukes, 27 of them, would be 12 to the power of 27= crater of about 250 blocks diameter (I tested it :D). 4x4x4 cube=full stack of 64 nukes=crashing my Alienware laptop.

Now, actually, shouldn't it be more? I mean, 12 to the power of 3 is already way more than 250. Is explosion power not the same thing as explosion radius, or are nukes not power 12, or does the explosion just peter out after ~200 blocks due to engine limitations? I always wanted to know more about the code behind huge-ass explosions that don't look like symmetrical pieces of crap due to explosion vectors.

• I wonder if a full chunk (16x16) fill-in above bedrock would be enough to destroy the actual bedrock...

I know about 3 or 4 thermonuclear rockets from the rocketry addon was enough to destroy bedrock. Not sure about nukes as i've never managed more than a few at a time (~20 or so) without minecraft going *foom*

• O M G
    Godfuckinghell, once i've got the T4s implented, you could essentially build a gigantic unstable BH-Generator, moving itself into the enemy area and BOOOOOOOMMMWOOOOSHHDEEAAAAAATH!

HAAAHAAHHAHAAAHAhaahah!! Haven't laughed so hard in a while! Assuming that BH stands for Black Hole, I'm suddenly VERY excited for Tier 4!

On a serious note (yeah right!) I think our visions of terrain-eating mobile death fortresses has broken something critical in Alblaka!

• O M G

Hmm you said a while ago wouldnt be a T4 i think or did you changed your mind?