[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Solar Panels v3.5.1 + Quantum Generator + Solar helmets !

• I think the costs are totaly worth it, its good that they are expensive!

i just want an option in the config to regulate the normal solarpanals as well! would that be possible? or to regulate the time between tick that i could say: each 5sek = 1 tick (to reduce cpu usage for SMP)

greets Odai

• i use the "icedfire advanced solar panels 1.2"... and now its time for changing. is Advanced Solar Panels v1.3.1 avaible for IC2 1.42?

• The fact that it takes 12 Million EU to create the UU-M your recipe requires is not "opinion" it's a fact. It's also a fact that the panel needs to run for 200 minutes before it will pay off that investment at all.

Respectfully, the only people who will use such an add-on are people who are bad at math, or who are blind to the concept of cost to benefits ratio. I don't mean to flame you, but your recipes are not sensible in the least. They seem to be made by someone who feels that basic solars are too cheap and need to be made more costly, without any thought as to balancing what you get in return.

On a SMP server with chunkloader blocks however this suddenly costs alot less (leave a small standard solar panel array overnight)- but yes on SSP or on SMP without chunkloader blocks it is rather unbalanced :).

• I think the costs are totaly worth it, its good that they are expensive!

i just want an option in the config to regulate the normal solarpanals as well! would that be possible? or to regulate the time between tick that i could say: each 5sek = 1 tick (to reduce cpu usage for SMP)

greets Odai

Not need now. Many CPU time used function to check clear sky. Now source code is optimized. Tickrate set up at raw IC code. And change only for solar panel can do unstable work for other electric device.

• First of all Thanks for keeping the adv. solar Panels alive. That being said, in regards to the recipe, My issues with it are that A it requires a mass fabricator to be up and running just to make it the sunnarium. I can maybe see using sunnarium for the Hybrid, instead of :Iridium:. And maybe using :Iridium: instead of UU-matter in the sunnarium recipe. Just spit balling what I think would be more balanced, I think it should at least look symmetrical. BUT what really annoys me is the red diamond, Making an energy crystal would only cost 2 more redstone... not really a big deal, but most importantly, using an energy crystal wouldn't be adding a new item and taking an item ID for something that looks the same as the energy crystal, and is only cheaper to make by 2 redstone dust than energy crystal... I'm really not THAT strapped for redstone. ;)

• First of all Thanks for keeping the adv. solar Panels alive. That being said, in regards to the recipe, My issues with it are that A it requires a mass fabricator to be up and running just to make it the sunnarium. I can maybe see using sunnarium for the Hybrid, instead of :Iridium:. And maybe using :Iridium: instead of UU-matter in the sunnarium recipe. Just spit balling what I think would be more balanced, I think it should at least look symmetrical. BUT what really annoys me is the red diamond, Making an energy crystal would only cost 2 more redstone... not really a big deal, but most importantly, using an energy crystal wouldn't be adding a new item and taking an item ID for something that looks the same as the energy crystal, and is only cheaper to make by 2 redstone dust than energy crystal... I'm really not THAT strapped for redstone. ;)

I replace Red Crystal with RedDiamond because RedCrystal no stack. It is especially critical when do at once more than 30 adv solar panels. My idea create Red Crystals and Lapatrons stackable and use it only for craft items. For transfer energy use batbacks (make 3 type batbaks, 100 000, 300 000, 1 000 000). Ablaka hasn't supprot this idea. Try to create 8 MFSU with nonstackable crystals (48 lapatrons and 32 red crystals)...It's realy crazy. Here on it was and the red diamond is added. WIth minecraftforge additional IDs for items is no problem.

• oh yeah, please.... please make a update... my subs are waiting for this one... all other mods are rdy for lets plays.... pls pls pls

• Pleeeeease remove the red diamond and the sunnarium - adding two new materials just to produce one new block!?
    It is actually possible to turn an item into another - as such you could turn sunnarium into plain iridium and red diamonds into energy crystals - the only reason red diamonds were added was because they are stackable, right?
    I dont know how to turn items into other items, but i know that kinniken has done it with raw chicken from millénaire when raw chicken was introduced to vanilla in 1.8.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• I don't see why people are complaining about the 2 new mats... I think they add a nice touch. Item ids are abundant, both recipes are easy to remember, plus I'd prefer to be able to stack the crystals. Is it just the cost or what?

• Thank you for this. This looks pretty awesome.
    I've posted a thread over on Killerbeesgaming.com in the Industrial Rage thread as a possible solution to our over abundance of Solar Generators. Currently we are placing limitations of 300 per individual to try and keep the server stable/reduce lag. Previous incarnations had some individuals with over 2400 solars for just one facility.

KBGaming Forums

Looking forward to your update. Maybe if I can get enough positive feedback, we can get your mod spotlighted on Industrial Rage.
    Good Luck, and keep up the good work.

• Pleeeeease remove the red diamond and the sunnarium - adding two new materials just to produce one new block!?
    It is actually possible to turn an item into another - as such you could turn sunnarium into plain iridium and red diamonds into energy crystals - the only reason red diamonds were added was because they are stackable, right?
    I dont know how to turn items into other items, but i know that kinniken has done it with raw chicken from millénaire when raw chicken was introduced to vanilla in 1.8.

You want to make it 6xoccurs as expensive? Because Iridium takes about 6x because the materials as sunnarium. And besides, there's about 30,000 item id's, and this mod does not have sprite overrides due to it being coded with forge. If you can't remember recipes, try CraftGuide or Not Enough Items in recipe mode.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

If i had to choose between regular solar panels and these advanced ones i would go with the regular ones because they are cheaper, so much cheaper that i couldn't care less about any lag.

Everyone is forgetting the fact that if the cool machines aren't balanced and reasonable then we just go with the old way and lag the server to hell, which means its worthless to SMP guys.

Keep it simple 8 solar panels + a circut makes a upgraded panel, 8 upgraded panels + a advance circut = a advance panel, make each version do more power than the last but slightly less that if they had kept the original IE a upgrade panel does 5x the power output not 8x so there is some waste in the upgrade process.

If its cool awsome, if its expensive and awsome no one uses it because its cheaper to have a array that is just a 3x3 chunk of the server wasting a bunch of space or lagging the server to hell.

How about you let the server op configure the recipe? and power output. then on your server you can have one recipe and on mine i can have my own.