Question: IC 1.42 vs. Enchanting

• In terms of protection, it's comparable to iron armor. It's apparently a bit more durable, though.

As far as enchanting it, I've no idea - I haven't even bothered with that whole thing.

• In terms of protection, it's comparable to iron armor. It's apparently a bit more durable, though.

As far as enchanting it, I've no idea - I haven't even bothered with that whole thing.

Same here, I find the whole enchantment thing quite silly.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Same here, I find the whole enchantment thing quite silly.

agreed... it just doesn't really fit with the rest of the game. Same with potions really. It's a creative style sandbox game that's suddenly got "magic" tacked on?
    Already have a diamond drill via IC2, don't really need some hackjob "enchantments"

• With the risk of further derailing the thread...

I think the path Notch has taken is leading MineCraft away from the unique and fun experience it once was and into the realm of BORING. And that really messes things up for those of us who want less magic and more Mining and Crafting... And building cool contraptions.
    So just for the heck of it, here is a list of things that (IMHO) is leading MineCraft down the toilet.

• Enchanting, Potions and all that "magic" crap.
    • Endermen, Ender Dragons, The ender.
    • Strongholds... (In general)
    • Ghasts, Zombies, Zombie Pigmen, Skeletons and all those other mobs. I'd much prefer bandits, thieves, thugs and other more down to earth enemies.
    • The number of useless blocks introduced such as water lilies, dragon eggs, Enchantment table, Large Mushrooms (including the biome, but the Mycelium block does make sense somewhat) and so on...
    • Strange creatures like the Mooshroom...
    • The nether... (Why... Just why? Most mod makers include a nether resource just to force me to go there to get lightstone dust and that is the ONLY reason i go to the nether... Ever!)

If anything, Notch is opening the doors for other game makers to make MineCraft clones that stay true to what MineCraft originally was about (Mining, building, crafting, mining to build more and craft more to mine faster and build faster) and we see it happening all over the place.

Eloraam is focusing ever more of her attention on Minia. (Which according to her was started before Minecraft was released)
    The WireMod team (A Garrys Mod addon/mod that is totally awesome) is working on Blocktin.

But likewise, there are a number of Minecraft clones that are taking the same path that Minecraft is taking. The only reason i don't know which those are is because they are not interesting to me due to their "planned features". (RPG, magic, stupid enemies and animals)

I feel that it is a VERY strong possibility we will be stuck on MC 1.0.0 for a long time and more and more modders will CLEAN OUT the dumb features that have been added as of late and implement the proper features that should be in the game.

To me, the most important mods are BuildCraft, IndustrialCraft and RedPower and as long as they stay true to the Mining, Crafting and building aspects of the game and can make the natural enemies actually make sense (bandits, thugs and thieves to name a few) then i don't mind them adding those. If IC where to implement machine guns, tanks and artillery cannons i wouldn't mind it a tiny bit as long as it makes sense. I would gladly mine, build, craft and mine some more to be able to build the weaponry to fuel a war against a competing faction (be it NPC or Player) in the game.

I can go on and you know i can. But that will have to do for now.

EDIT:

P.S.

I used to play EvE Online, a game that takes place in space and has a lot of unrealistic elements. But the package does make sense to a person such as myself. Hence why i loved and played that game for 2.5 years. Where most others played World of Warcrack i played EvE online because unlike WoW, EvE doesn't have "magic" in it.
    Oh and EvE had about 100 times more content and re-playability than WoW.

• I agree on most parts, especially the magic stuff, i'm not even looking at that with my ass. I think its silly, it tries to give Minecraft a theme which it doesnt have. I always understud vanilla Minecraft as interesting but more as a whitelabel to attach mods to to make the game the way you want. Enchanting however already looks like a mod, and i dont like it.

On the mob situation, well zombies are not really original granted, but the creeper itself has become a trademark and is like nothing else attached to the MC franchise. Its the only thing i fear on top of that still.

Endermen, well, they are not really impressive, if anything then annoying if they steal blocks out of your walls here and then, Hooray -.- what a challenge to fill them. Dragons i havent seen yet so i cant comment. Eloraam can programm whatever she wants but she wont fill more than a niche if at all, MC as a whole is still very good and it has some annoying stuff that you can mod away. As long as its that way, fine.

I dont like all of the changes since 1.8.1 as well though.

• Thanks for your feed back and opinions. Kind of were successful at derailing the topic though.

Does anyone know how well enchanting works with non-powered IR tools and armor. In comparison to Iron Tools and Armor.
    :Bronze Axe: :Bronze Sword: :Bronze Pickaxe: :Bronze Shovel: :Cutter: :Treetap: :Wrench:
    :Composite Armor: :Bronze Chestplate: :Bronze Boots: :Bronze Leggings: :Bronze Helmet: :Rubber Boots:

Thanks Guys.

• For the moment, don't enchant anything IC2. However I would /guess/ that the brass armor would likely be one of the few items that is enchantable when most things are properly blocked from enchantments. Further, I'd guess that it would be somewhere around the un-craftable chain mail or possible diamond armor in respect to enchanting.

• I would assume that bronze tools and armor should have enchantment similar to iron. I certainly hope so.

[snip]

• Enchanting, Potions and all that "magic" crap.
    • Endermen, Ender Dragons, The ender.
    • Strongholds... (In general)
    • Ghasts, Zombies, Zombie Pigmen, Skeletons and all those other mobs. I'd much prefer bandits, thieves, thugs and other more down to earth enemies.
    • The number of useless blocks introduced such as water lilies, dragon eggs, Enchantment table, Large Mushrooms (including the biome, but the Mycelium block does make sense somewhat) and so on...
    • Strange creatures like the Mooshroom...
    • The nether... (Why... Just why? Most mod makers include a nether resource just to force me to go there to get lightstone dust and that is the ONLY reason i go to the nether... Ever!

I hate to break it to you but I must rebute this.
    1. Enchanting and Potions were implemented mostly by Jeb_
    2. I agree with the Ender though Endermen were a response by a Reddit request. Endermen are here because of Notch listening to the community.
    3. I agree that strongholds are annoying. I find strongholds, NPC villages, abandoned mineshafts, and ravines so annoying that I turn off generated structures half the time.
    4. Zombies and skeletons were in Minecraft before Alpha. They were in Survival Test. Either you are new, ignorant, or trolling.
    5. The new blocks were added because of requests at Reddit or GetSatisfaction or because of preexisting mods.
    6. I agree that strange creatures like the Mooshroom should not be in the game.
    7. I disagree. The Nether is an important part that was in since the earliest parts of Beta. Furthermore, there is a non-renewable way of making lightstone dust in IndustrialCraft.
    8. Your post just does not QED and comes across as indeed derailing the thread, maybe even borderline trolling.

• Don't call me a troll just because you don't agree with my points. I hate to break it to you but you just wasted time making yourself look like a fool.
    And i have been playing since the first alpha release. So yah...

• dont like - dont use, downgrade to 181 now and never update, problem solved.

broze == iron, all tools == iron.

bronze have 350 uses on armor and tools.

Thank you for your insight and help.
    and Thanks for trying to get back to topic.