[Bug v1.43] Quantim Armor Crash client/server

• Seems to be random. Doesn't happen for hours or minutes. Can't figure out how to duplicate.

• Tell us more... What mods are you using? How did you install them? Are you using bukkit?

Obviously it's a random NPE happening but without knowing the environment we could spend a billion years looking for the cause.

EDIT: The NPE is caused by a player becoming null while the game is iterating all players. Not thread safe code, rare error and i would assume it is really caused by something completely different.

• There's a similar bug on my server.
    Crashed the server already several times -.-

Sorry, but I often fail on grammar :D

• Here is the entire log file. It's happened when I'm alone on the server and when someone else is on. It's also crashed the server with the same conditions. We're tried replicating it and found nothing. Also it hasn't happened in days now.

• This has also happened to me several times while alone on my server (the one time I remember explicitly what I was doing, I was just killing mobs with a chainsaw while wearing the helmet/legs/boots)

• I got the same error.

Code
    2011-12-30 01:23:58 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        	at jb.a(SourceFile:181)
        	at ic2.common.ItemArmorQuantumSuit.performQuantum(ItemArmorQuantumSuit.java:46)
        	at mod_IC2.OnTickInGame(mod_IC2.java:1537)
        	at ic2.platform.Ic2.OnTickInGame(Ic2.java:41)
        	at ModLoader.OnTick(ModLoader.java:772)
        	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:329)
        	at cu.run(SourceFile:457)

I am using IC2 1.43, BC 2.2.11, RedPower PR4b, Minefactory Reloaded and Power Converters. Forge version is 1.2.3.

• I've been able to repeat this now... q-suit helmet running dry == crashed server

Code
    2012-01-05 14:42:52 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        	at jb.a(SourceFile:181)
        	at ic2.common.ItemArmorQuantumSuit.performQuantum(ItemArmorQuantumSuit.java:46)
        	at mod_IC2.OnTickInGame(mod_IC2.java:1537)
        	at ic2.platform.Ic2.OnTickInGame(Ic2.java:41)
        	at ModLoader.OnTick(ModLoader.java:772)
        	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:329)
        	at cu.run(SourceFile:457)
  • I have it too on my server.

• Official Post

Found the issue, amusing error.
    The Helmet was damaged in multiple steps, with a NPE-test only being before the first one... if any of thefirst few steps destroyed the armor, the following up would create a NPE.

Fixed.