Fnordman?

• Is that what he did? I was curious why he was banned, considering I've seen him around quite a long time.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• *cough* let's just say that the mods here are about on the same level as the (quite overzealous) MC forum ones.
    let's also say that "bans" are never permanent as well.

• Official Post

*cough* let's just say that the mods here are about on the same level as the (quite overzealous) MC forum ones.
    let's also say that "bans" are never permanent as well.

Overzealous eh? You frigging nubs got no idea what he said. I was there, and he was being a complete troll and douchebag, so as far as I'm concerned he deserved what he got, he's trolled in multiple places on here. Keep your opinions to yourself when you don't know what the heck is really going on, because that is just what they are, uneducated opinions. There are rules here that have to be followed, and if they aren't followed then you get punished. FYI I don't do anything mod related other than move the occasional thread when it gets put in the wrong place and the owner of the thread asks for it to be moved, shoot I don't even have the banhammer, so before you make more assumptions, get the facts.

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• Overzealous eh? You frigging nubs got no idea what he said. I was there, and he was being a complete troll and douchebag, so as far as I'm concerned he deserved what he got, he's trolled in multiple places on here. Keep your opinions to yourself when you don't know what the heck is really going on, because that is just what they are, uneducated opinions. There are rules here that have to be followed, and if they aren't followed then you get punished. FYI I don't do anything mod related other than move the occasional thread when it gets put in the wrong place and the owner of the thread asks for it to be moved, shoot I don't even have the banhammer, so before you make more assumptions, get the facts.

Although harsh, I have to agree with you, if I stand from your perspective. IMHO, this is one of the best moderated forums I've seen, although with tough bans, it keeps the forums clean and easy to use. It is hard, and probably not correct, for us, the users, to make assumptions based on what we've seen, as more than likely, the post has been deleted before we can even form an opinion on a user. And ook, although the moderators may seem overzealous, it's for the best, as stated previously, the forum is quite tidy and easy to use.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Although harsh, I have to agree with you, if I stand from your perspective. IMHO, this is one of the best moderated forums I've seen, although with tough bans, it keeps the forums clean and easy to use. It is hard, and probably not correct, for us, the users, to make assumptions based on what we've seen, as more than likely, the post has been deleted before we can even form an opinion on a user. And ook, although the moderators may seem overzealous, it's for the best, as stated previously, the forum is quite tidy and easy to use.

Agreed. Completely unlike some areas on the MCF. *shudders*

• Official Post

Thanks for understanding guys :)

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• I've moderated forums before (MMGN for BF1942, Official Day of Defeat forums as well) and I agree that things here are pretty clean and smooth.
    And I can attest to the fact that a lot of moderation goes on behind the scenes - a post gets deleted, edited or moved by the staff and users don't see what really happened - nor do they need to.
    Strict but fair is a good policy - especially in a place like this. We have a lot of intelligent, strong-willed people here with varying opinions. I'm thankful that Alblaka gives me direct feedback on the things I say and do, it helps to keep me from inadvertently crossing a line.

• Official Post

Jep, this forum is sort of a showcase on how i think a forum can be led. We don't need pagelong rules detailing when you will get how much warning points for how long dissipating when.
    We just tell you to behave, set up some simply nogoes and ban everyone doing nonsense.

As mentioned above, the result is, and i'm quite pleased with that result, a compareable tidy forum. And too my surpise the Eloraam-Discussion is running for 6 consecutive days now and didn't explode into a flamethread yet. Stuff like this would go hot after max 3 hours on MCF.

• And too my surpise the Eloraam-Discussion is running for 6 consecutive days now and didn't explode into a flamethread yet. Stuff like this would go hot after max 3 hours on MCF.

Eh, I've seen flame wars begin at the thread's start over on the MCF.

But yeah, I spend more time on here than the MCF due to this very fact. I don't have to worry about mucking through pages of slang and "leet-speak" to find what I need to know, the addon authors are quick to respond (silentdeth for one) and when the author isn't around, the users usually are able to troubleshoot the little things.

Although I have noticed the in flux of "leet-speakers" here when it comes to wanting the addons updated.