Information about crops

• Well, I've found a new plant, but I can't tell you much about it yet. I'm calling it Trollweed for now. It is clearly a new species, but it can't be harvested and drops no seeds!

I've grown this plant 3 times now by crossing stickreed with stickreed but have never got any seeds from it. I've been able to reproduce it by crossing itself in situ with more stickreed.

It's a pale green like reed, but starts looking a bit like flowers and matures into a small pale green shrub that looks a bit like marijuana stalks to me... 8| No screenshot for now, later hopefully.

I have cyazint, blackthorn, venomilia and stickreed so far. Based on the tiers given, I've been working on mass-crossing stickreed, venomilia and cocoa with each other and themselves to find new, higher tier crops. Cocoa seems to have the harshest restrictions on growing conditions and more often than not I can't replace it. (I'm working outside on a hydrated field in a moderate biome)

Either Trollweed has very low seed chance, or there's something I'm supposed to have worked out about how to grow it. GRR! All I can do for now is keep crossing it in situ and hope to evolve past this PITA plant.

• On the last site I posted a setup for "No-Seed-Breeding" which might be usable in this situation. Needs some time, but if you get more and more "trollweed" the chance of the middle block becoming trollweed increases (if you make the middle block a crossbreeder).

• first off trollweed i love it second off i have about 30 of these ive bred and still non have matured so i can harvest and every time i left click them no seed so far im at a loss altho tonite i plan on trying and placing different things beneath it

• I must admit, once having read 3 posts by people who have trouble getting seeds from trollweed, I couldn't help but get the thought, that that is the exact purpose of this plant :P

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• I have a new plant and waiting for it to grow. It has an completly different stem and growing behavior in comparism to the flowers, melon/pumpkins/cocoa, wheat and reeds. And it is no weed. I think it is something like corn but who knows. If i can harvest it i try to make a screenshot from the plant and the analyzed seet bag. ^^

So here is a picture:

• yep thats the stuff altho ive been trying with different things planted underneath the dirt block they grow on so far no luck and still no cocoa plant darn it

• I got cocoa ^^ Now i am trying if it is maybe a plant which if effected by night (because at time i use NEI so that it is always day and to stop the rain sometimes :rolleyes: ). Maybe the plant only flowers at night who knows 8|

• Official Post

"Trollweed"? Lol
    Now, i think the issue is the plant has a special growth requirement for it's final state. And admittedly it's REALLY hard to figure it out withotu sourcecheck.
    As well, trying to pick not-grown plants results in less seed chance.

I think you guys will have to try breeding and picking it until somebody obtains some analyzeable crops ^^

• "Trollweed"? Lol
    Now, i think the issue is the plant has a special growth requirement for it's final state. And admittedly it's REALLY hard to figure it out withotu sourcecheck.
    As well, trying to pick not-grown plants results in less seed chance.
    I think you guys will have to try breeding and picking it until somebody obtains some analyzeable crops ^^

Now it gets even more interesting. Can you specify seed chance ?

• Forget seed chance. He only mean that the plant havent reached the final state and so the chance you got a seed bag is very low. So what we need is to find out the last crowing conditions ;)

• ok once al said that i went thru a farmed up about 5 of em before i got a see and its called ferru and it has something to do with metal

• sorry ill give more info tho no screener yet me and the print screen button are having words

Ferru
    Tier: VI

discovered by alblaka

gray leaves, metal

hope this is better also ive tried placing ore blocks underneath them to see if that gets something goin tho still no luck getting them to the final stage

• Thanks. Hmm, I'm sure it has something to do with iron :D. Try placing iron ore/blocks around to see if something happens, try placing it under soil block for example. Also it may grow in dark.

• I tried to grow it in dark, one hole night and with wood gathered (a little house completly close) didn't work -.- The Metal dusts can't be placed an it (thought like fertilizer). Also an Iron block beneath it makes nothing.

• Seems direwolf got hold of some secret info. He mentioned a list of items the new plants were able to give. Amongst those, IRON DUST. Im not saying anything else, have fun Herbing :D Looking forward to someone else figuring out how to use these plants.

• woot after lots of testing ive found that ferru only grows with iron ore under it wow now i can go farm up those 8 diferent ores 6 material blocks and all that lava and water i can underneath my growing table trying to figure out how the hell to get it to grow