Power Conversion

• None atm... Power Crystals has stopped maintaining his mod, and unfortunately, he was the last person who had modded power conversion that was active...

Kinda wish somebody would take over the Energy Coupler add-on and get that updated soon...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• None atm... Power Crystals has stopped maintaining his mod, and unfortunately, he was the last person who had modded power conversion that was active...

Kinda wish somebody would take over the Energy Coupler add-on and get that updated soon...

Grrrr
    Means I'll have to power my BC stuff with BC engines again......
    I was so enjoying using Solar Arrays to power everything XD

• Did you people forget about this one? http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=2444

Although he only adds EU>MJ conversion, and a Petrochemical generator for burning the excess oil/fuel.

Although2 its not updated to 1.1 yet, but its owner its fairly active so theres quite a chance it will get updated soon.

• Did you people forget about this one? http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=2444

Although he only adds EU>MJ conversion, and a Petrochemical generator for burning the excess oil/fuel.

Although2 its not updated to 1.1 yet, but its owner its fairly active so theres quite a chance it will get updated soon.

Here's the problem: his add-on won't work properly with ID Resolver... and until he either finds a fix in that incompatibility or a reasonable work-around can be discovered, I'm not touching it...

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

• Here's the problem: his add-on won't work properly with ID Resolver... and until he either finds a fix in that incompatibility or a reasonable work-around can be discovered, I'm not touching it...

I have this mod + ID resolver, and so far i havent gotten any error whatsoever. I dont remember if it was a better version of IDResolver or his Addon that enabled me to play normally. I have minecraft 1.0 forge version 1.2.3 IDresolver 1.0.0 update 2 BCIC2Crossover 1.01

I have this mod + ID resolver, and so far i havent gotten any error whatsoever. I dont remember if it was a better version of IDResolver or his Addon that enabled me to play normally. I have minecraft 1.0 forge version 1.2.3 IDresolver 1.0.0 update 2 BCIC2Crossover 1.01

Odd, I tried it recently, and it didn't want to load properly when I attempted to do so... /shrug

However, I just now found out that Forestry Mod does have an electrical generator for converting EU -> MJ... so I guess I ought to pick up that mod now, lol...

• Odd, I tried it recently, and it didn't want to load properly when I attempted to do so... /shrug

However, I just now found out that Forestry Mod does have an electrical generator for converting EU -> MJ... so I guess I ought to pick up that mod now, lol...

Did you make sure the blocks in the Addon to be on empty ids already? (Via the config file), i think that could help

Did you make sure the blocks in the Addon to be on empty ids already? (Via the config file), i think that could help

Now you're just insulting my intelligence..

Yes, I did.. kept getting the Null.pointer.exception! error... same error as before because it wasn't loading BC energy correctly..

I don't like that mod, as you still have to run water to the machines or have 100 small ones
    It's nearly as bad as using fuel
    Power crystals's mod features direct converting, which is what I want but I read that he won't be updating it which makes me sad
    I hope somebody will revive it soon, I don't want to run water systems and complex stuff like that for BC enegry

• I don't like that mod, as you still have to run water to the machines or have 100 small ones
    It's nearly as bad as using fuel
    Power crystals's mod features direct converting, which is what I want but I read that he won't be updating it which makes me sad
    I hope somebody will revive it soon, I don't want to run water systems and complex stuff like that for BC enegry

So you are complaining about a valid balancing feature that is included on the original BC? ok.

• I'm eagerly awaiting BOTH add-ons. I used PowerConverters and the BC-IC Crossover in my 1.0 and 1.81 builds. When used together, they fully integrated the power systems of two of the fundamental mods I use.

• This is IC2 and BC we're talking about, nothing is balanced

So, your complaint is, you shouldn't have to cool an engine because it's your subjective opinion that some internal imbalance exists?
    Why not just TMI yourself what you need as a "reward" for "putting up" with all the "hassle" these mods put you through? :rolleyes:

• So, your complaint is, you shouldn't have to cool an engine because it's your subjective opinion that some internal imbalance exists?
    Why not just TMI yourself what you need as a "reward" for "putting up" with all the "hassle" these mods put you through? :rolleyes:

I don't see what the problem is.
    I like IC2's power system and I am comfortable with it. I too would like just a transformer to slap into my IC2 grid and be done with it.

Also Powercraft seems like a viable alternative to BC (and RP) in general (some features may be lacking, and PC has some features the others lack). I use it for logic gates (in lieu of RP) and a few other interesting items.
    I haven't had a chance to play with the other features yet. Also as there is no power cost for any of the PC stuff this may not appeal to people who think there should be a cost associated to everything (I am actually one of those people myself, which is why I'm still evaluating a lot of mods). Just throwing it out there for consideration.

As mentioned Forestry has some crossover, but then peat-fired generators are useful to run to provide ash for fertilizer, so there goes a reason to use BC power.

I think a lot of us would like to see a unified power system but it isn't that simple since which one should be "the one". Also whereas I am sure Alblaka, Spacetoad, and Eloraam are all proud of their own systems (as well they should be) it would be unreasonable to expect 2 of them to just drop theirs for the 3rd.

Conversion mods allow everyone to mix and match to their own preference. What could be better?

• Setting aside balance and coming back to the point of the op. Forestry.

http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki/index.php?action=home

not the most complete converter mod, but not bad either. You can convert EUs to MJs and its own biofuel to Eus if you wish.

Please base your decision to post, and your content on the(original) point of the post, it is pointless for it to devolve into other topics. Then you might as well just start another thread.

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• I like BC-IC2 Crossover mod, simply because they are engines that instead of using coal or oil or fuel to power themselves, they use EU as their fuel, And its only logical that the higher tiers of generators should overheat due to the massive amount of energy they produce and pump per revolution.

Its a mix of both IC2 and BC instead of just being IC2 on top of Buildcraft.

And one thing i would like to add, its that i actually hate how conversion has been going in a 1:1 ratio, being a good follower of the church of balance i still think there should be a 5 or 10% power loss during energy conversion (but thats just me).