BUG: Bronze armor receives extreme damage

• Hello all, just had a very bothersome bug occurred to me. Looked around, but didn't see anyone was having the same problem. I was wearing
    1-freshly craft bronze helmet
    1-freshly crafted bronze leggings
    1-freshly crafted bronze booties
    1 freshly charged lap-pack

With my brand new set of armor, I began to run around burning time till night. I fell 5 blocks, taking 1 heart of damage. feeling quite stupid, I checked my armor for damage. I was shocked to find that the armor had dropped to 66% durability! I then thought it was a strange occurance, so I tried again, from the same height, and my helmet almost broke, and everything was at almost 0% durability!

Mods installed:
    Modloader 1.1
    Modloader MP 1.1
    Forge 1.3.1 (I think, it's the most up-to-date one I know, though.)
    All buildcraft 2.2.12
    All Redpower 2.0pre4d
    IC2 1.64

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• I had a similar problem with vanilla iron armor. One hit from a zombie reduced brand new armor to about 10%. I was wearing a batpack.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

• I'm pretty sure it's a Forge bug with special armor.

Do you refer to diamond-armor as special? Since I lost a diamond-armor by just dropping down 5 tiles. But the Iron-Armor I wear now seems indestructible (at tried falling battling with zombies, exploding creepers... the durability is still full).

• Probably 1.1 changes something in that regard, got to take a look at that.

It's related to the issue I PMED you about it seems that when the (instant break triggers really badly)

Also happens with ALL armors iron gold etc.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Wearing my iron armor I just noticed really strange behavior.

It's not that it doesn't break, of course the iron armor takes damage... but it magically repears itself. I'm not sure how it does it, but the damage-value of my iron-boot got to 117, and decreased to 80 and later the boots are fully repeared again.

• I've had the same extreme-damage with my bronze armor, too. A four-block fall recently nearly depleted a single set of bronze leggings (but left my bronze helmet unaffected. . .)

Luckily, I crafted myself a set of nano armor recently, and that's holding up well. Two creeper blasts haven't even dented the stuff.

• Fixed for the next hotfix, however it's not coming out until Forge 1.3.2 is out, fixing special armor handling which broke on 1.1. In the end, it was not only our fault but Forge's too.

Woot shared blame, Wait! No one is at fault. Were just humans. How about the feature will be enabled in update.

• I'm thinking it might be exponential damage. I was standing a bit too close to cacti to harvest them and it suddenly went from like 90% down to nil far far faster than expected.

• (Didnt want to make a new thread for this)

I have noticed some weird behaviour with the extreme damage and rubber boots.

Whenever i equip my rubber boots with any other piece of armor, those pieces will instantly break (using 1.3.2 forge rev 29, the armor breaks but instantly regenerate though, with 1.3.1 the armor permanently breaks), and when im using any armor without the rubber boots they work normally O.o.

• (Didnt want to make a new thread for this)

I have noticed some weird behaviour with the extreme damage and rubber boots.

Whenever i equip my rubber boots with any other piece of armor, those pieces will instantly break (using 1.3.2 forge rev 29, the armor breaks but instantly regenerate though, with 1.3.1 the armor permanently breaks), and when im using any armor without the rubber boots they work normally O.o.

It's because of the batpack lappack and etc. It should be fixed in 1.65+

• Didnt have a batpack/lap at the moment. So Rubber boots also causes that behaviour.

did you in anyway before? See what happens is it damages the armor perm from what I seen. Throw the boots in question on the ground and pick them up. Let me know if it picks them up once or twice.

• I see that it is starting to notice the strange behaviour of armor. I must add that I too have had my armor magically get to very low durability and then suddenly repair itself, only to get destroyed in the next trivial incident (5-4 block fall). I always wear a lappack when I'm not with the jetpack.

But the reason I post this message is not to continue about the damage behaviour of armor but a strange new thing has just popped out of my recent demise. I fell through a deep shaft whilst playing with magnetizers. It was a deadly distance and I was wearing bronze boots. After respawning I went to recollect my stuff as quickly as posible. When I got there I could pick up all my stuff but my inventory filled with new undamaged boots. I could *collapse them into a single inventory slot one by one but then I found out a lonely set of floating boots in a corner nearby. When I went to pick them up my inventory was full again WITH BOOTS! So I *collapse them again, and it has been so for a good 5 minutes with no end in site.

*by collapse I mean that they do not stack, they just disappear one on top of the other when I try to stack them

I'm using
    MC 1.1
    ModLoader for 1.1 (latest)
    ModLoaderMP 1.1v2 (but it says it's 1.0 in ModLoader.txt)
    RecipeBook for 1.1 (latest, although it doesn't work with IC2 for some reason)
    MCForge 1.3.1 (latest?)
    IC2 1.6.2

This is my first post so I want to thank Alblaka and the IC2 Developer Team for giving me so many hours of fun

PS: sorry for my rusty English

------------- edit ---------------

I should add that it is SSP and that I'm going to try to update to the latest mods. I'll report back in a jiffy

• ETA This weekend for people who are not around offten. Spacetoad for the most part is busy during the weekday and when I mean busy he does not even seem to go online hehe. But their going to overtime be doing a forge site where things like this will be less common.