[1.64][BUG] odd wrench/transformer bug

• So it seems that, whenever i try and wrench a transformer/energy storage device, I'm unable to dismantle it, but instead can only change its orientation. This bug seems to happen to both the electric and normal wrench, and crouching seems to have no noticeable effect (as in, both standing up and crouching only seem to reorient the transformer, not dismantle it), and the wrench works fine for other machines.

any help, feedback would be appreciated.

Additional Information - In addition to IC2, i'm running buildcraft 2.2.12, redpower2 pr4d, and Equivalent Exchange 6.02

• yeah, it doesn't seem to matter which side im on, it just keeps cycling through the sides.
    if i stand on the 3 side/output side, and right click, it still just rotates to a different side

• Hmm... I don't know about the regular wrench, but is the E. Wrench charged?

Also, could you post your ModLoader.txt? It might help.

(I think it might be a bad API, but I think we'll need a dev in here. Or someone more experienced than me.)

• my modloader.txt

• so this bug just keeps getting stranger

I went some distance away from the transformer i was trying to dismantle, and placed another transformer. After trying to dismantle the new transformer, i found i still had the bug, however, after relogging, i was able to dismantle the new transformer as normal. The old transformer, however, still only swaps sides.

• Official Post

I think it's intended... The electric block code is specifically set to drop batboxes and LVTs when mined by a pick.

My friend is unable to do it to an MFE... its just rotating, also the MVT is doing the same issue, and a lvt dosnt support it either, but me as admin is able to do it.

• One of the players on my SMP server has the same bug. MFEs, MFSUs, transformers all rotate when he attempts to wrench them. The really messed up part about it is- sometimes it doesn't mess up. At least twice now, he'll go to try something and it works normally. Then, a few hours later, it won't work anymore. We've tried reinstalling his java, switching to 64 bit java, reinstalling minecraft, reinstalling the mod, using a jar file I put together for him, and it didn't seem to have any bearing on the functionality of the wrench. He appears to be the only one on my server suffering from this- I can use his wrench, remove a block, and hand the wrench back to him and it doesn't work. He has tried alt, shift, m, ctrl with no effect.

In short, the bug is inconsistent and baffling. I'm sorry I can't provide more detailed information.

• For me, wrenching also seems to be only re-orientating stuff instead of unmounting it, can only be fixed by pressing ALT once. It seems to get stuck in code as being held down or so.

"All errors should be fixed, as much of the code was rewritten."

• This is most likely a variant of the sticky keys bug experienced on X-windows based systems. At least Linux is effected, possibly also Macs, and there may be something similar on windows.

Tap your alt/ctrl/shift keys or hit escape and then get back to playing after the option screen in order to reset your input state.

• This is most likely a variant of the sticky keys bug experienced on X-windows based systems. At least Linux is effected, possibly also Macs, and there may be something similar on windows.

Tap your alt/ctrl/shift keys or hit escape and then get back to playing after the option screen in order to reset your input state

I had the same problem. I had alt-tabbed out of minecraft before experiencing it. Tapping the alt/ctrl/shift keys fixed the issue and my batbox dismantled.