[Suggestion] Seed storage

• the seed bags don't stack and all have individual data values that are not apparent from their titles. This behavior seems appropriate with the way the crops work but it puts a large burden of careful storage and organization on the player. Perhaps you could have a machine, chest, or such to IndustrialCraft 2 in order to help people out. It would be nice to have something that could store the seeds, and organize them based on their cropnalyzer scan results. It wouldn't have to scan or do much, just have lots of storage space and let the user read the seeds data (only the ones that were already scanned of coarse).

• Hmmm... Do want. Makes me think of something near to the Apiarist's Chest from Forestry.

Can we have a built-in Cropnalzer to the chest too?

• If the Seed Packets, after scanned showed '1,1,1', or whatever numbers they are after their name... I'd actually start farming, but it's annoying just rechecking them if you forget, or mix them up.

A chest with an extended inventory to store them in a nice way would be amazing, as well.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• The Seed Bank (chest)

It should have a hotbar (chest like area) to drop new seedbags in to via shift click.
    It should have a list of seed banks (plant name, status as the key) which has a sub-compartment of stored seeds matching that value.
    A button to cause it to compact the list (cleanup unused slots shifting everything down)

It _MAY_ also give additional info or be powered from the grid to auto-analyze deposited seeds.

• Official Post

AlbOS prototypes already contains custom-rendered lists.
    Storing "infinite" amounts of items within a TE isnt an issue either.

Storing cropseeds in a special chest and accessing them via sorted lists > easyly possible.

Will take some time, time i currently don't have though ^^'

• AlbOS prototypes already contains custom-rendered lists.

Storing cropseeds in a special chest and accessing them via sorted lists > easyly possible.

Well, good to know that it can be done, take your time Al.

• I would +1 to the Apiarist's chest-like idea. I'm not overly fussed about having to organise them myself, but it's more annoying that we can't see the values outside of the cropnalyser.

A GUI with the screen on one side, and the seed-space on the other would mean that, when hovering over a packet, it could show you the relevant information about that particular seed. Certainly in forestry, when the screen isn't displaying any relevant information, it shows general stats for the world/user (cumulative count of the bees produced).

• AlbOS prototypes already contains custom-rendered lists.

take your time. i decided to recycle the weak crops and use them as fertilizer for the better ones. now i only have 3 large chests worth of seeds to keep track of.

• Since bee cannot stack Apiarist Chest become less useful.
    A good Seed storage machine needed. Powered for operations.

is there anyway it could write the information to your actually computer like how Buildcraft Blueprints kind of work? that way i could grow crops on singleplayer and then slap like 20 of them in a "Seed Library" and then take them to a multi-player server? also this way incase i ever have to restart my server, i could take all my seeds and bring them with me so i don;t waste weeks of crop crossbreeding?

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG