[Suggestions] A lot of things!

• Hi all, this is my first thread, but i played IC2 for a long time (and a bit of IC), I am a C# programmer and i know a bit of java, I assembled some ideas to make industrialcraft a bit better!

1.Animations: Did you see BetterThanWolves animations of watermill and windmill? In my opinion if IC2 will add this, (especially for the windmill) it will become the best mod ever!

2.Lasermod implementation
    I like a lot the lasermod, but it has a 'free' energy, it can be very good if with industrialcraft2 you can power the lasers with electricity!

3.Uranium reactor changes: the uranium (fission) reactor is the real driving force of industrialcraft2, but it has some mistakes, (I am studying now uranium reactors IRL), can be useful to change the GUI.
    So my idea is to make some blocks that create a uranium reactor, not only a single block that makes everything!
    Like:
    -Reactor (that contains only uranium bars)
    -Steam turbine
    -Condenser
    -Control rods (that absorb neutrons)
    Something like this:

Basically: There are some blocks and machines that works with the reactor and not only a single block!

THE END!

(sorry for my English, I am a Pizza eater)

• idea #1:

This was suggest a long long time ago, back before minecraft forge, and Alblaka said it would be incredibly complex to render. Not sure on his stance now. My vote is yes, obviously with different models tho.

Idea #2:

I would imagine an add-on for the mods would work better.

Idea #3:

The current nuclear system probably won't get anymore complex, as most users have little to no knowledge of real life reactors. That being said, this is minecraft, so sometimes realism has to be compromised for play experience.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Official Post

@1: Why bother adding some overrated animations instead of new, nicely coded algorythms? I'm a fan of simple graphics, didn't change so far.

@2: Not going to copy other mods. Feel free to use IC's API to create a "costly" Laser-Generator.

@3: It's complex enough.

• @3: It's complex enough.

You sure you don't want to add some new-fangled interdimentional thingamajigs to it?

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• 1.Animations: Did you see BetterThanWolves animations of watermill and windmill? In my opinion if IC2 will add this, (especially for the windmill) it will become the best mod ever!

I absolutely agree!! Even if they were only 3x3 windmills and watermills they would look awesome.

• I absolutely agree!! Even if they were only 3x3 windmills and watermills they would look awesome.

I also agree with this, heck that was one of the main reasons I installed BTW with ic2 and the dynamo addon back in 1.8.1, I constantly go back to work on my water turbines I built with waterwheels in my 1.8.1 world. If FC didn't jump ship on forge I wouldn't need to go back to 1.8 all the time. But I will say that if someone can code it,then there could atleast be an addon for ic2 wind/water mills to be more like BTW mills. And I have high doubts that even when mojang creates a modding api FC will even let his mod be compatible with forge mods, except buildcraft.

• Official Post

I also agree with this, heck that was one of the main reasons I installed BTW with ic2 and the dynamo addon back in 1.8.1, I constantly go back to work on my water turbines I built with waterwheels in my 1.8.1 world. If FC didn't jump ship on forge I wouldn't need to go back to 1.8 all the time. But I will say that if someone can code it,then there could atleast be an addon for ic2 wind/water mills to be more like BTW mills. And I have high doubts that even when mojang creates a modding api FC will even let his mod be compatible with forge mods, except buildcraft.

Animation for one mill is okey to render. Problem is to animate about 1000+ generators, on SMP, without considerable FPS loss [if not high] due rendering.
    It would be very performance costly, Wind mills , Water gens and solar panels already lags pretty much due E.net calculations if massed already.
    On a server with 10000+ generators on confined spaces like a city is pretty hard to maintain, making it unplayable to some people.
    I get 30FPS at the city i live on a server, 90- 120 outside it.

• I guess this is an important point. BtW is no SMP-Mod, while IC2 is. The rendering would really kill some people. In SSP it is basically your decision, but in SMP you are must endure the lag created from other peoples windmills even if they themself don't have problems with them.

• I guess this is an important point. BtW is no SMP-Mod, while IC2 is. The rendering would really kill some people. In SSP it is basically your decision, but in SMP you are must endure the lag created from other peoples windmills even if they themself don't have problems with them.

Config files. Both in client and server.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.