Mark I-I B??, why doesent it heat up? (should be Mark III-B)

• Official Post

OK so i've built a nuclear reactor, 6 chambers, air surrounded. (See Attachment for inside Alignment)

After what i understood after reading the Tutorial: the 4 Edge Uraniums should do 3 pulses and generate 4h/pulse (2 adjectant plates) thus 12h / edge (48 h/sec all edges) and the Center ones 4 pulses, emitting 10 heat/pulse thus 40/center (80 h /sec) all together: 128 h/sec. So much to the heat generation.
    Now to the Cooling: i've got 6 chambers and 1 reactor (2h / chamber and 1h from reactor => 13h/sec
    The outward cooling should be: 21 air blocks /chamber and 20 air blocks for the reactor (assuming it works like watermills water calculation and they share blocks) = 146 air blocks (-3 blocks for cable and redstone) = 143 Air / 4 = 35.75 h/sec
    On the Inside we have: 24 Coolant Cells, 12 Heat dispersers and 6 reactor plating. -24h/pulse from coolant, -0.6 from the platings. (I got no idea if heat dispersers do cool themself and how fast they do, thus i leave them out for now).

Full Calculation: 128 - 13 - 35.75 - 24.6 = 54.65 h/puls not dealt with.
    Distributed on all cooling cells this means: 54.65/(24+12) ~ 1.5... Which would mean, each HD and Coolant should cumulate 1.5 heat/pulse and should therefore decrease faster than the Uranium. But they dont go down.... not a bit.

What did i calculate wrong?

(The Ice in the Screenshot is just to show no heat has been generated, normally empty.)

• From what I have understood from the tutorial your reactor doesn't work as you wrote it (I'm an absolute beginner so it's very likely I'm also wrong ) .

the 4 Edge Uraniums should do 3 pulses and generate 4h/pulse (2 adjectant plates) thus 12h / edge (48 h/sec all edges)

>> If there are 2 adjectant plates then there are not 4 edges but 8 edges so 96 h/s all edges .

and the Center ones 4 pulses, emitting 10 heat/pulse thus 40/center (80 h /sec) >>> OK

all together: 128 h/sec. So much to the heat generation. >>>> 96 + 80 = 176

Now to the Cooling: i've got 6 chambers and 1 reactor (2h / chamber and 1h from reactor => 13h/sec) >> Right

The outward cooling should be: 21 air blocks /chamber and 20 air blocks for the reactor (assuming it works like watermills water calculation and they share blocks) = 146 air blocks (-3 blocks for cable and redstone) = 143 Air / 4 = 35.75 h/sec

>> big error ? I believe the air cooling works only for the reactor not for chambers so only 20 air blocks : -5h/s .

On the Inside we have: 24 Coolant Cells, 12 Heat dispersers and 6 reactor plating. -24h/pulse from coolant, -0.6 from the platings. (I got no idea if heat dispersers do cool themself and how fast they do, thus i leave them out for now).

>> ok

>> 176 - 13 - 5 - 24.6 = 133.4 h/puls not dealt with

Distributed on all cooling cells this means: 54.65/(24+12) ~ 1.5... Which would mean, each HD and Coolant should accumulate 1.5 heat/pulse and should therefore decrease faster than the Uranium. But they dont go down.... not a bit.

>>133.4 / 44 = 2.69 h/p ? one uranium cell lasts 10 000 s and in this case one coolant/HD lasts 10 000 / 2.69 so 3717 s ( 37% of cycle ) . All components linked absorb heat, not only cooling cell, don't it ?

• Official Post

From what I have understood from the tutorial your reactor doesn't work as you wrote it (I'm an absolute beginner so it's very likely I'm also wrong ) .

>> If there are 2 adjectant plates then there are not 4 edges but 8 edges so 96 h/s all edges .

- yep.... it was late -.- But that even makes it stranger.

96 + 80 = 176

>> big error ? I believe the air cooling works only for the reactor not for chambers so only 20 air blocks : -5h/s .

well to this we would need some information from alb.

>> ok

>> 176 - 13 - 5 - 24.6 = 133.4 h/puls not dealt with

Distributed on all cooling cells this means: 54.65/(24+12) ~ 1.5... Which would mean, each HD and Coolant should accumulate 1.5 heat/pulse and should therefore decrease faster than the Uranium. But they dont go down.... not a bit.

>>133.4 / 44 = 2.69 h/p ? one uranium cell lasts 10 000 s and in this case one coolant/HD lasts 10 000 / 2.69 so 3717 s ( 37% of cycle ) . All components linked absorb heat, not only cooling cell, don't it ?

Anyway, even with the mistake at the edges, as well with the big question regarding the outside cooling, the questions stays: why doesent this reactor heat up? bug?

• I tried a mark I reactor (no in-game screen because my reactor got divided by 0 from the reactor chambers's bug>>> disintegration :

MinecraftSquid = Cooling cell MinecraftSlime =Uranium cell :?: =nothing(vacuum)

MinecraftCow =Plating :love: = HD

MinecraftSquid :love: MinecraftSquid :?: :?: :?: MinecraftSquid :love: MinecraftSquid

:?: MinecraftSquid MinecraftCow :love: MinecraftCow :love: MinecraftCow MinecraftSquid :?:

:?: :?: :love: MinecraftSlime MinecraftSlime MinecraftSlime :love: :?: :?:

:?: :?: MinecraftCow :love: MinecraftCow :love: MinecraftCow :?: :?:

:?: MinecraftSquid :?: :?: MinecraftSquid :?: :?: MinecraftSquid :?:

MinecraftSquid :love: MinecraftSquid MinecraftSquid :love: MinecraftSquid MinecraftSquid :love: MinecraftSquid

Heat generated : (2 * 4 * 2) *2 + (2 * 3 * 4 )=48 h/p

Outward cooling : 6 chambers + 1 reactor : 13 + 20 water blocks :- 33 h/p

Cooling by cooling cells : 15 >>> no heat left .

Produces 29 EU/t . Efficiency C (2.34 ) .

• Official Post

I've found the Platings eating up heat without limit on some occasions. Was capable of running a 30+ heat reactor without any coolants... heat did not pile up.
    Currently debugging to gind the issue.

FINDERS, KEEPERS!
    Found the issue within the cooler.
    It would constantly reset the heat of all surrounding tiles to it's own heat level - a few heat.

> Plating heated up > Cooler reset plating > only a fractal of actual heat generated.

• Well that is no good ... Now I get why it just doesnt work
    come with an update/fix soon please

Though as you state the addon modules give 2 extra cooling each could you possibly consider increasing the cooling block area for each module (by 8+9 more blocks)
    and possibly and option of making upgraded Modules (possibly utilizing Iridium) which when attached would give twice the amount of reactor slots
    meanwhile I have now quite understandibly a reactor (Mark II CB fully water cooled) which I dont understand how works: (attached) but either way it used two 2x2 cells and generated 116 Eu/t
    I left it running the whole night and it didnt melt down now I understand why anyway I have now designed an E Equal-Breeder nonexternalcooling (with high heat tolerance) (attached 2)

But it seems that high heat breeder reactors are pretty much useless as it seems to only take 5 to 10 seconds for Isotope to become recharged (even with only 1 adjacent Fuelrod)
    I am also wondering how much heat is produced by a bucket of lava and how the heat distributers work: do they regulate the heat so that all components and hull = fexs 10%? or will it try to set hull at 0 while melting components?

I have observed some bugs: trying escape and edge block in water is nearly impossible without the jetpack or super jump

• All bugs you mentioned above are known and fixed (in the next release). Except for people STILL trying to use TMI'd items, which i've already stated to mess up IC code. F.e. instant-refined isotope cells.

I've been using TMI for a while without issues.
    I have not used the armor or anything except for the nuclear reactor items.

• I've been using TMI for a while without issues.
    I have not used the armor or anything except for the nuclear reactor items.

It wouldnt cause problems with your gameplay but introduces bugs into IC² that people report, much to the forums dismay.