IC2 more Minecrafty than Vanilla Minecraft?

• Does anyone else get the feeling that in the light of recent updates Industrial Craft is more Minecrafty than Vanilla Minecraft?
    Personally building a giant automated recycle-fabricator is feels more like Minecraft than going on a quest to the end and watching the credits.
    Just my personal thoughts.

Also now is a better time (or at least equally good time) than any to say thank you Alblaka and the rest of the dev team.
    This mod is insanely balanced and fun. Much better than running around in a sky dimension doing the exact same thing you do on the ground with new textures.

Also on this note how is that a pixel-textured game with a mod can consume more of my time and bring more enjoyment than a the most anticipated game of all time (Skyrim).

• I agree. And I think this sentiment is part of why Notch stepped away from Minecraft as he started to chase features that were pulling it towards being a dungeon-rpg and not the 'sandbox-envirionment' we've all fallen in love with.

...and that's not to say there is anything wrong with the dungeon-rpg style with the arrow-shooting skeletons, zombies and creepers. But without mods, Minecraft's got nuthin'...

Afterall- what fun is it to FINALLY make it home from the End after killing the dragon only to find that your reactor went critical and you have no home. :p

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

• Here here, I agree. I have hit end game with EE, BC and now going for IC²...which Im starting to like more. Not much more however.

• Certainly feels more like a sandbox building game than enchanting....

Not sure about others but I can't play vanilla Minecraft anymore, too boring, not enough flexibility.
    Course i'm starting to lose interest in even modded minecraft though. Maybe later after 1.2 hits and Eloraam launches Pr5 with frames.

• Yeah, I was never big on enchanting and potions and dragons. Even the Nether was kind of beyond the underlying theme of the game.

The idea of going from a castaway with nothing, to shaping the world in your own image... that's far more appealing. There's a natural progression from punching trees to automated machinery.

• I just ignore the dungeon running part of MC at this point.
    But personaly vanilla minecraft, hasnt ever really hit the spot for me.
    BC = Building
    IC = Mining, in general helps with Ore
    RP2 = Just makes any redstone stuff easier

Thank you to the Dev Team of IC2 for all of your hard work.

• Possibly. imo, it turns the engineering side of minecraft up to 11, but at the cost of the artistic side (without rp2 micro-blocks or alot of effort, the average IC2 factory is pretty ugly looking). My thanks to the team as well for providing this option.

• Official Post

Possibly. imo, it turns the engineering side of minecraft up to 11, but at the cost of the artistic side (without rp2 micro-blocks or alot of effort, the average IC2 factory is pretty ugly looking). My thanks to the team as well for providing this option.

Efficiency > graphics.

Since we got near-unlimited block ids soon, this wont be an issue though

• Possibly. imo, it turns the engineering side of minecraft up to 11, but at the cost of the artistic side (without rp2 micro-blocks or alot of effort, the average IC2 factory is pretty ugly looking). My thanks to the team as well for providing this option.

That's part of the challenge for me is to build a system and have it look good. ...Compact, efficient and hidden.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

• Agreed on both points, designing a good looking and good running factory is the mark of a pro minecraft player (minecrafter? minecraftian?)

• That's part of the challenge for me is to build a system and have it look good. ...Compact, efficient and hidden.

That's actually my largest goal. My friend had a nuclear reactor built within a couple of days, while I was near-end game without one. The reason? I was busy building a complex control room and housing center for the nuclear reactor, complete with buttons and switches, all contained inside redpower's covers. Needless to say, it took quite some time doing it legit. I'll probably end up doing some screenshots in the near future.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Hrm, I can't help but feel minecraft get's unplayably boring. I know I've spoiled myself with a pile of complex making mods like IC2, RP, BC and the like, but it's just so fun!
    Doesn't stop me from saying "Config all the things, Alblabla!". But my whining about how I can't simply shut off lights when I want to/move them without loosing them forever is either plain annoying and/or outdated. So I'll just say thankyou for the mod. :Tin Can:

• Hrm, I can't help but feel minecraft get's unplayably boring. I know I've spoiled myself with a pile of complex making mods like IC2, RP, BC and the like, but it's just so fun!
    Doesn't stop me from saying "Config all the things, Alblabla!". But my whining about how I can't simply shut off lights when I want to/move them without loosing them forever is either plain annoying and/or outdated. So I'll just say thankyou for the mod. :Tin Can:

Alblaka has promised they will be redone