[Suggestion] Machine that can speed up time

• I just had another idea for a use for Iridium...
    A TIME MACHINE :D

Said machine could be used to speed up time (speeds up day/night cycle, machines, crop growth, .ect) This machine would consume a large amount of energy (maybe as much as a Mass Fabricator without scrap) and would be crafted with say three iridium plates, an advanced machine block, and maybe a clock?

Just another idea,
    TheGeneralRowboat

• Now, it's an interesting idea, but what would you use it for?

Plus, it would be cpu intensive, and most certainly cant be done without modifying base files.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• i'd imagine it would be pretty easy to do in single player since for a while there Notch had F7 and F9 i think as fast forward and reward button for time. however i don;t know how easy this would be in multiplayer. i would LOVE it to be added though because i always have annoying players AFK on my server to keep solar panels powering their house and i can;t sleep in a bed to make it day. so i would simply set up a 9 minute clock to faster forward through all of the nights at the cost of, lets say, 2 million energy.

so it could either be coded as an Advanced Bed that doesn't care if players are in other beds or not, or somehow fast forward or rewind time.

Or better! how about once placed it have 2 different types of inputs: fast-forward, and rewind, with a Face that you can turn, the inputs would only be on the side without the face, so you can turn it as needed. now, it accepts up to 2048eu/t, which would cause 1 minute to pass per second of energy. all scaled down from there if you wish to apply 52EU/Ts then you could and it would simply speed up the night and day.

However! if you apply 128EU/T or more to both the input and output faces at the same time then it would cause time to stop.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• I dont really like the idea for a few reasons:

Day/Night Cycles may be a nightmare in SMP when people suddenly change or something crazy like that.

Machines Speed up would be preposterious since we got the oc for it. (If you get massive EU/t for having too much OC, imagine adding a 2x or 3x multiplier to that)

Speeding up your crops may be detrimental if you are crossbreading, since a weed could grow in the cross stick and fuck up the other crops around.

What else? Oh yeah if you make this time machine have a certain area how will it deal with severed Enet? I mean half of your cables under the influence of the machine while the other half isnt.

• You make a fair point. If something like this was implemented it would have to work with all those problems you stated. (Possible a thing that makes it so weeds can grow on crops?)

• I just had another idea for a use for Iridium...
    A TIME MACHINE :D

Said machine could be used to speed up time (speeds up day/night cycle, machines, crop growth, .ect) This machine would consume a large amount of energy (maybe as much as a Mass Fabricator without scrap) and would be crafted with say three iridium plates, an advanced machine block, and maybe a clock?

Just another idea,
    TheGeneralRowboat

A Mass Fab could consume anywhere between 1 and like infinity EU/t (actually their is a limit- the amount of inputs you can link up before the wire losses all in-putted energy but it is probably like trillions).

• Official Post

A Mass Fab could consume anywhere between 1 and like infinity EU/t (actually their is a limit- the amount of inputs you can link up before the wire losses all in-putted energy but it is probably like trillions).

Actually Massfab maximum input is 1.000.000 EU/t being able to effectively produce 1 UUM per tick, which are machines' maximum updates per second (20 updates)

• Official Post

Actually Massfab maximum input is 1.000.000 EU/t being able to effectively produce 1 UUM per tick, which are machines' maximum updates per second (20 updates)

I dont think a wire can hold up so much EU. I didn't tested that but i heard there was a hard limit about 8192 EU/t before it glitches. So with a wire on every Side we have unbugged 49152 EU/t which is still pretty much for one Massfab. In my next base, which will be located a bit nearer to the End-Portal of my world, i will try to break the 8192 mark.

Maybe that hard limit is only for HV-Transformers, but i will test also that.

So if nothing of that applies than 1000000 EU/t is maybe the maximum, but i think the Massfabricator can update more than once per tick, because of the simple fact that every single EU-Packet updates the Massfabs percentage like it updates the wire. 1000000 EU / 512 per packet = 1953.125 Updates per tick. So we got back to the potential INFINITE 64 part. Edit: whoops, there is a Stacklimit for UUM.

P.S. with updates i didn't mean complete Blockupdates, only updates of the internal EU-Storage of all the IC²-Stuff.

Edit: Oh thats a Timemachine-post, is that not contained in Equivalent Encheat?

• Official Post

I tested 1M EU/t with tons of HV solar panels from advanced machines mod.
    Simple to do:
    get TMI or NEI, spawn a HV solar array + glass fiber cable, and place them.
    Copy them 2000 times (40x50) square by using MC edit and link them to a mass fab.
    Actually about 50-60 solar panels wont be working due mass fabricator maximum input.

• Official Post

I tested 1M EU/t with tons of HV solar panels from advanced machines mod.
    Simple to do:
    get TMI or NEI, spawn a HV solar array + glass fiber cable, and place them.
    Copy them 2000 times (40x50) square by using MC edit and link them to a mass fab.
    Actually about 50-60 solar panels wont be working due mass fabricator maximum input.

I couldn't test that because of my too slow computer. I have NEI and Advanced Machines but not MC-Edit to place the stuff (too much lag).

Thank you for testing it, i didn't know a maximum input cap for the Massfab so i have to produce more Massfabs later.

With 50-60 solar panels you meaned HV-Arrays so 25600 EU/t, right?

• Official Post

I couldn't test that because of my too slow computer. I have NEI and Advanced Machines but not MC-Edit to place the stuff (too much lag).

Thank you for testing it, i didn't know a maximum input cap for the Massfab so i have to produce more Massfabs later.

With 50-60 solar panels you meaned HV-Arrays so 25600 EU/t, right?

You would need 1954 HV arrays of solar panels, i placed 2000 using mcedit so 46 weren't working as there was no energy request other than mass fab.

1954x512 = 1000448