[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Machines 1.1.6

• Very nice. Youre one of the first updated. Updated my spreadsheet for your mod entry: https://docs.google.com/spread…ODVBY0Q4N1FSV3dlRUE#gid=0

Until Redpower gets updated, eh, i guess. Buildcraft buffering is shoddy

I didnt know you were such a dreamer.

Dream on, friend. Reach for those stars and dont look back! An hero is YOU

*cries silently the lament of Redpower*

Crash report for YOU

• Indeed, i did not test that. Also, the code does not quite work as i would have expected it to

+ fixed bug that prevented advanced machines from accepting automated/hopper input

Anyone tried this to see if works? Just started up a test world, singularity compressor, hopper or chute on top, items wont go in. Buildcraft pipes into top or bottom, items just jump out the pipe and do not go into machine. I am using AdvancedMachines_1.5.2.zip, with the following changelog (from inside the zip)

Minecraft: 1.5.2
    Forge: 7.8.1.738
    IC2: 1.117.385-lf

Any more info needed, please let me know.

Cheers.

GregTech - assimilating all known tech - Now known as 'The Gorg'

Edited once, last by ramdor72 ().

• @ramdor
    Better redownload 1.5.2, maybe you dont have the latest build (with the hopper change)

I've used the IC2 1.6.1 builds to fix Advanced Machines. The GUI textures appear broken but it works in MCP ... may or may not be a Forge error. Hoppers remain working.

• @ramdor
    Better redownload 1.5.2, maybe you dont have the latest build (with the hopper change)

I've used the IC2 1.6.1 builds to fix Advanced Machines. The GUI textures appear broken but it works in MCP ... may or may not be a Forge error. Hoppers remain working.

I did about 5 mins before that post. The changelog in the zip includes the fix for the hopper. I will try again.

Edit: re-downloaded from your website, same issue, items just stay in the hopper/chute. v4.9 is shown in the Mod list

Edited 3 times, last by ramdor72 ().

• Did you try Buildcraft pipes ontop (they use the same API)
    Are you sure you attached the Hoppers correctly (crouching and right clicking the top of the machines)
    Is your Forge new enough? Grab the last 1.5.2 version

yes (as mentioned in my 1st post)
    yes (I didn't know there was another way when applying to a block with a gui, I always use shift-right click to perform such actions)
    yes (as mentioned in my 1st post)

Minecraft 1.5.2
    Forge 7.8.1.738 (the last 1.5.2 version)
    IC2 1.117.385-lf (the last 1.5.2 version)
    buildcraft-A-3.7.1 (latest)
    AdvancedMachines_1.5.2 (v4.9 and lists the hopper/automation fix in the changelog.txt file inside the mod zip)

Have you tested the 1.5.2 (v4.9) download on the above versions? I have tested a load of methods of getting items into the machines, ae, bc, hopper, chute. Nothing goes in from top or bottom. It takes about 5 mins to setup mc 1.5.2 with the versions I listed above.

edit: btw, thanks for the replies and trying to get to the bottom of this AS.

Edited once, last by ramdor72 ().

• You know that immibis as taken over the mod and offer a new version I think for 1.5.2, perhaps his version would work better for you... I might consider changing to his soon once I start automating stuff, currently doing a massive vanilla adventure in 1.6.1 but I've not finished with 1.5.2 heavy modded.

• You know that immibis as taken over the mod and offer a new version I think for 1.5.2, perhaps his version would work better for you... I might consider changing to his soon once I start automating stuff, currently doing a massive vanilla adventure in 1.6.1 but I've not finished with 1.5.2 heavy modded.

yeah we switched, just hoped that Atomic would look into it and try and fix it. Howevery tbh, with the movement towards 1.6 perhaps ones time is better spent on that.

• I think I know what is wrong at least for the vanilla hoppers, they stop when they receive a redstone signal, this behavior can't be prevented, since you put down a lever directly under the machine to force it on, perhaps it sends the signal to the hopper and prevent items from getting in the machine... But that wouldn't explain the buildcraft problem with the pipes, unless a redstone signal also stop them from accepting stuff...

• I think I know what is wrong at least for the vanilla hoppers, they stop when they receive a redstone signal, this behavior can't be prevented, since you put down a lever directly under the machine to force it on, perhaps it sends the signal to the hopper and prevent items from getting in the machine... But that wouldn't explain the buildcraft problem with the pipes, unless a redstone signal also stop them from accepting stuff...

except nothing goes in from a hopper even without the rs signal

• except nothing goes in from a hopper even without the rs signal

Sorry, wasn't sure but just discovered how hoppers work (doing a vanilla adventure, never really played vanilla before)