[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Machines 1.1.6

• Current recipes
    (Rotary Ore Washer not included, it's the same as Rotary Macerator except for the Macerator)

Rotary Macerator
    2x coils, 1x electric motor, 1x Macerator, 1x Advanced Machine casing, 4x Iron Plate

Centrifuge Extractor
    2x coils, 1x electric motor, 1x Extractor, 1x Advanced Machine casing, 2x electrolyzed Water Cells, 2x Iron Plate

Singularity Compressor
    2x Obsidian, 1x reinforced Glass, 3x Compressor, 1x Advanced Machine casing, 2x Iron Plate

Combined Recycler
    1x Rotary Macerator, 1x Centrifuge Extractor, 1x Recycler, 4x Iron Plate

Rotary Ore Washer
    2x coils, 1x electric motor, 1x Ore Washer, 1x Advanced Machine casing, 4x Iron Plate

previous (up to 5.2.1) recipes by Silentspy

Additive Macerating

In case you can't figure out what it means: There is a second input slot not meant for "Macerator" recipes, but for Advanced Machines exclusive additive maceration recipes.
    Those are as follows:

Copper + Tin = Bronze Dust [ratio 4:1, one Tin input is enough to get four inputs macerated to additive outputs]
    Coal + Water Cell = Hydrated Coal Dust [ratio 8:1, one Cell for 8 cycles]
    Nether Quarts Ore + Sand = 2x Nether Quartz [ratio 1:1, one Ore and one Sand for 2 Quartz]
    Netherrack + Redstone = 2x Glowstone [ratio 1:1]

Downloads:

The char limit doesnt let the post contain the versions list ... just get it from my site pls

Note: Versions past 5.2.2 are reobfuscated using "Searge" names, which means they should be compatible with multiple mc versions. I can guarantee 1.6.2 and 1.6.4 atleast.
    http://atomicstryker.net/advancedmachines.php

old port version of Advanced Machines taken over from Zippinius, i did not claim Ownership originally but by now i have rewritten and fixed major parts of the code
    These machines have Sound, accept Upgrades and a couple other extras.

The new version (1.x.x) is completely written by me. With textures stolen from IC2.

Changelog:

contained in file (always up to date) or here
    https://raw.githubusercontent.…n/resources/changelog.txt

Source:
    https://github.com/AtomicStryk…1.7.10/AdvancedMachinesAS

• Thanks for picking this up- I was having a hard time finding motivation to get something like this together...

His client doesnt seem to require Java 7, but his server does. Could you please port it to Bukkit WITHOUT Java 7? Plus, his port is odd, as it adds a IC2 folder to /net/minecraft/server, instead of in the root of the jar.

• It's the same config as the old one it seems, if you move or delete your old AM config it will recreate the new one which is different. The block id is with the gui ids, not under blocks...

Not sure if the old one would even work without editing it or if this one even works yet. Still figuring it out myself.

• It still won't let me place anything in the guis, shift-clicking is still producing strange effects. Redstone still does nothing, nor does levers directly on top of them.

Tried with 1.70b and 1.71. No difference.

EDIT: SMP of coarse

EDIT 2: Also noticed they still accept the new sprite sheet but I didn't see any sprites in the zips. Just thought it was kinda strange and worth mentioning.

• Wait... What?! I must have missed something. I haven't been keeping up on Zip's thread. I guess Zip finally got sick of all the complainers whining for an updated version and dropped the mod? :(

" Overclockers will speed up Acceleration of any Advanced Machine, and slightly extend the maximum Speed.
    The other Upgrades work as on any other IC2 machine. "

Ok, paint me confused. The old AM worked on MV, so why would I need to use a transformer upgrade unless I want it to run on HV? Now I can see a need for the energy storage upgrades, speeding up the machines in IC2 tend to eat more power and the internal storage can't keep up. The base AMs work fast enough already to keep up with a quarry if I use 3 Rotary Macerators with 3 Induction Furnaces. It never chokes up. Only the Centrifuge Extractor chokes when I put in an entire RP Rubber tree worth of wood into the input chest. X( Got to love EE and the Red Matter Axe, takes down RP Rubber tree in short order. :D

• Can you make also the Induction Furnace to accept upgrades?

EDIT: I've made some more fixes from you. You still forgot to make the machine explode when they receive too many EU.
    Also made some more config options.

Included!

• Confirmed not working on SMP, tried on a fresh 1.1 server, latest IC2. GUI shows fine, but when I go to move an item to the macerator it goes funky, either puts the item back or selects a different one, rearranges my inventory.

Much sadness :(

• Confirmed not working on SMP, tried on a fresh 1.1 server, latest IC2. GUI shows fine, but when I go to move an item to the macerator it goes funky, either puts the item back or selects a different one, rearranges my inventory.

Much sadness :(

Also having this issue. I think maybe its installed wrong though. I don't want to jump to conclusions and say its not working.

• Version b:

Reverted base Acceleration to what it was originally, fixed several SMP GUI problems (on bukkit aswell)

The machines were working before (in SMP), but you could not place or remove things save using pipes.

I also recommend deleting any Advanced Machines config files you had before, and let fresh ones generate. Values might be in a different category now, i think everything is under "general".

• Thank you! Now run the GUI in the SMP))

• Just want to give my two cents, and please don't take the criticism as anything but constructive. I appreciate the skill and effort that goes into these things.

Advanced Machines was first created based on a simple concept: Make a macerator, compressor, and extractor equivalent to the induction furnace. Your update has strayed from this simple concept, and I don't see why you or anyone would think that these need updgrade slots when the induction furnace lacks them, especially considering it seems you had to change some of the base properties to make it work. All that should be done, in my opinion, is to take the attributes of the induction furnace (acceleration based on usage and/or redstone current, additional output slots, power usage stats, etc.) and apply them to the other three machines. Nothing more, nothing less. It's feels like you're trying too hard to make these machines fit in with the upgrade standard, forgetting that the induction furnace is a part of standard IC² and provides a perfect template for this addon.

That said, I do like the idea of overclockers affecting acceleration rather than speed, and transformer upgrades can be useful. However, I don't want to use a version of Advanced Machines that makes them different from the induction furnace. It makes it obvious that this is an addon, no longer a seamless integration into the base mod. While I would prefer that the induction furnace be used as a template for the new machines, I wouldn't mind a version that mods the induction furnace to match the new properties. I appreciate the work that was put into this, but I feel like it's taken a step in the wrong direction.

• That said, I do like the idea of overclockers affecting acceleration rather than speed, and transformer upgrades can be useful. However, I don't want to use a version of Advanced Machines that makes them different from the induction furnace. It makes it obvious that this is an addon, no longer a seamless integration into the base mod. While I would prefer that the induction furnace be used as a template for the new machines, I wouldn't mind a version that mods the induction furnace to match the new properties. I appreciate the work that was put into this, but I feel like it's taken a step in the wrong direction.

You disregard where their development is pointing to, i expect the Induction Furnace to either be removed or changed completely in the next patches. Then it will probably become part of Advanced Machines instead.

New version!

Version 3.4:

Merged pwnedgod's fixes into this. Changes include

• customizable Texture and Sound config
    • a different Texture when a machine is working (may not work in SMP)
    • Particles!
    • Extractor has 3 output Slots again, reworked all GUIs for vertical output slots

Default values are compatible with prior versions, your config should contain the new stuff after running once.

• Are the advanced machines meant to pull the full amount of power they use when idling with a redstone signal? I'm seeing my rot. macerator pulling 500+ EU with 11 OC upgrades when using, but also the same amount when idling with signal.

EDIT: Also, your link for 3.4 is linking to the 3.3 download. Just changing it from 3.3 to 3.4 in the link worked though, link below if you're lazy.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12798730/AdvancedMachines%203.4.zip