[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Machines 1.1.6

• The transformer upgrades work now! But there's a problem, they use a enormous amount of energy for some reason. Using HV voltage with 3 transformer upgrades(no OC) with a rotary macerator drains my MFE very fast. Much faster then my thermal centifuge. I don't think transformer upgrades should change energy drain? And even if so, the draw is way too high now!

• bug 1: macerator still requires refined iron...refined iron was just removed for good in build :
    (Sep 20, 2013 6:39:54 PM)

Fixed old Items being still visible in NEI.

gregoriustech /

details
    so now with no real way of getting refined iron , not even cheating it in ...there's no real way of getting the rotary macerator...except cheating it in that is....so this is a very minor bug...bug none the less.
    bug 2: after unloading and reloading the chunks machines are in, the machines always draw high power...I haven't really tested this with all values so i don't know if they draw 16 eu/t or 7777777 eu/t but my setup keeps the CESU empty even when machines are idling (64eu/t in and 12eu/t out in theory)...wich originaly when i first built it worked perfectly fine,:
    1 MV solar powering:
    a small ME network using 8 eu/t
    +
    1 CESU powering :
    1 idle metal former (+T)
    +1 speed maintaining induction furnace
    +1 speed maintaining centrifuge extractor(+T)
    +1 speed maintaining rotary macerator(+T)
    +1 speed maintaining singularity compressor(+T) +T=transformer upgrade
    But interestingly enough the machines keep their speed and function properly....it's just that they use all the power even when idling so the CESU is always empty.
    And the Suggestion: please remake the recipe for the centrifuge extractor...it is way too painfull ( time wise ) ...you can mine enough obsidian, copper and iron to make 10 of the other tier 2 machines while those 7 water cells electrolize.

Using IC2 2.0.216 and addon AdvancedMachines_1.6.2_experimental

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride

• Thanks for the pointer

Version 5.2.2
    updated to newest IC2 build, changed recipes with new stuff
    bugfix for wasting power in fringe cases(?)

You'll have to test the power thing yourself. New recipes in OP.

EDIT:
    By the way, i switched the reobfuscate to Searge Names. It should be compatible with 1.6.2 and 1.6.4 both

• New upgrades are not working with your machines. I'm particularly interested in using ejector upgrade. AP ME interface seems to not recognise your machines in autocrafting.

• Ejector is working exactly as advertised.

Version 5.2.3
    ditched refined Iron Dust since refined Iron no longer exists
    additive macerating can still produce bronze dust and hydrated coal dust
    added new additive recipes: 1 Nether Quartz Ore + 1 Sand = 2 Quartz; 1 Netherrack + 1 Redstone = 2 Glowstone Dust

Version 5.2.3
    added new additive recipes: 1 Nether Quartz Ore + 1 Sand = 2 Quartz; 1 Netherrack + 1 Redstone = 2 Glowstone Dust

Second additive recipe seems to be OP.

• Is it? Redstone is "diamond level depth" and Netherrack, well, Netherrack. I am really not aware of current MC "balance" ... hahahah the very idea

I suppose i could nerf it so that EIGHT Netherrack and EIGTH Redstone yield ONE Glowstone dust, if that is a problem?

Version 5.2.3

ok... first of all....holly shit!!!....that was super fast...well done
    I would like to input some feedback on the changes though:
    the recipes....I have a better ( i think ) suggestion for the recipes:
    I think you broke the consistency of the recipes by making the compressor require 3 basic machines....but i do like the idea of motors.
    Here's what I have in mind:
    first of all the motors make lots of sense....because the T2 machines basicly do the same work but faster extra horsepower make sense.Also additional circuitry makes sense to control the extra motors and to allow the redstone control.
    second I would suggest keeping the recipes consistent....even though we will break from the pattern of the induction furnace.
    third...coils....no coils...the motors already have coils so why extra coils?
    fourth...more resistant cases for the extra vibrations/pressure
    Here's the actual recipes I'm thinking off....even with traditional materials
    Macerator:
    iron plate / adv circuit / iron plate
    adv alloy / macerator / adv alloy
    motor /// adv case /// motor
    Extractor:
    E cell /// adv circuit /// E cell
    adv alloy / extractor / adv alloy
    Compressor:
    obsidian / adv circuit / obsidian
    adv alloy / compressor / adv alloy
    About the new aditive maceration recipes
    The quartz one....I have nothing to say...I just mine my quartz with fortune III anyways so i get 3.2 quartz from one ore in the long run...and quartz is so abbundant that it is really irelevant.
    but redstone to glowstone....there might be a problem there....because both redstone and glowstone can be made with UU....u might be fucking up the balance of uu recipes....i don't know how the uu recipes have changed now and what the balance between redstone/glowstone is in terms of UU cost but I assume it's not 1 redstone+ 1 very abundant material like nettherrack to 2 glowstone....I think you should take the UU values into account and adjust acordingly.
    Besides that...all I can say is that I am just blown away by how fast you responded with 2 updates....kudos to you.
    If only I could port my 1.6.2 world to 1.6.4 ( only half the mods have updated so far ).

• Official Post

Is it? Redstone is "diamond level depth" and Netherrack, well, Netherrack. I am really not aware of current MC "balance" ... hahahah the very idea

I suppose i could nerf it so that EIGHT Netherrack and EIGTH Redstone yield ONE Glowstone dust, if that is a problem?

According to vanilla IC², 5 Redstone and 4 Gold = 1 Glowstone.

• Ok I'm back with some more feedback:
    I've managed to port my world after all to 1.6.4 and all i've lost in the process were ( optifine, neiplugins, gravisuit and adv solars but i'm sure i'll get them back) manny manny mods seem to work with 1.6.4 even though it is not specified yet in their respective websites (except optifine wich although it has a version for 1.6.4 out was broken by forge 885+)
    On the subject of your addon though....the bug with the machines always drawing power seems to be fixxed...so great! :thumbup:
    Hope it stays fixxed after a bit of loading unloading of chunks... :P
    Any thoughts on making the recipes consistent / similar again?
    Here's an even more consistent recipe a bit more pricey though that gives up on the traditional materials ( obsidian, E cell and iron )
    Advanced machineX :
    motor //// adv case //// motor
    adv circuit / machineX / adv circuit
    motor //// adv case //// motor

Edited 2 times, last by mcmz4e ().

• Do you think anyone would get mad at you if you added a second version of the induction furnace....maybe inductive furnace
    The only thing it would have extra from the normal furnace would be upgrade slots for transformer upgrades ....again....for better consistency.
    And what about the new machines ....any plans with those?.....or maybe wait until the IC2 devs actually release a version....because right now everything is subject to change.

• I'm afraid I'm back with some more bad news.
    Now the machines are broken the other way around....upon unloading/reloading the area....world relog and even just teleporting away then back even though I have a chunkloader loading the area they are in, the machines disconnect from the cable ( even visually ) and stop taking power from the e net....lose speed and shut down.
    here's some screens:

Using IC2 2.0.226 and Advanced machines 1.6.4 build 523 downloaded half an hour ago or so.
    Note: breaking and replacing the cables fixes them temporarily.

Edited once, last by mcmz4e ().

• You are talking to someone who has not played minecraft in some time (too much to do to focus on it) and who most certainly doesnt follow the development of other mods
    If you want something, ask for it with precision! What's wrong with the existing Induction Furnace? What new machines?

Version 5.2.3 (hotfix)
    fixed different energynet issue
    changed glowstone additive recipe to 8 Netherrack + 1 Redstone = 1 Glowstone
    hydrated coal additive recipe now accepts water buckets (get lost in process), water cells, and ice

• ME Interface is not recognising your machines as valid inventory in autocrafting and cannot put items inside + ejector upgrade in your machines is not recognising ME Interface too, it can't eject to it.

edit:

OK it works when ME Interface is placed on the top of the machine, but eject to the top still not work.

• Thats ... just sadistic. Gold is ridiculously rare

It was for a time when the Nether did not exist in SMP for Minecraft... Yes, IndustrialCraft is that old...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.