[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Machines 1.1.6

• Very nice update. Additive macerating is a simple but brilliant idea. Well done. I may have switched over to this version because of this update if you hadn't immediately followed up by insulting a large portion of your potential userbase. Adding cool stuff like this is how you bring people over to your vision of the mod, not calling them whiners and saying they don't deserve it because they wanted a choice.

Well said. Being able to accept criticism with grace is a mark of maturity. I suppose some people expect to be lionized for anything they do, and anyone who doesn't like it must hold their tongue.

I think the additive macerating is also a great idea! Now if AS can just modify his attitude too...

• in server

when the compressor is installed. current through the wire 32

• hi hope some one can help 2 out the 3 machine work fine but when i place single compressor its ok but as soon as i put power to it i get thrown out and this error that shows up ty for any help

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 7
    at ic2.advancedmachines.TileEntityAdvancedMachine.setOverclockRates(TileEntityAdvancedMach
    ine.java:373)
    at ic2.advancedmachines.TileEntityAdvancedMachine.injectEnergy(TileEntityAdvancedMachine.j
    ava:168)
    at ic2.common.EnergyNet.emitEnergyFrom(EnergyNet.java:218)
    at ic2.common.TileEntityElectricBlock.k_(TileEntityElectricBlock.java:194)
    at vq.m(World.java:1574)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(SourceFile:1594)
    at hd.k(hd.java:32)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(SourceFile:709)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:662)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Stopping!
    and have to use mc edit to remove to get back in

• We are having the same issue with the latest version:

Code
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 7	at ic2.advancedmachines.TileEntityAdvancedMachine.setOverclockRates(TileEntityAdvancedMachine.java:373)	at ic2.advancedmachines.TileEntityAdvancedMachine.injectEnergy(TileEntityAdvancedMachine.java:168)	at ic2.common.EnergyNet.emitEnergyFrom(EnergyNet.java:218)	at ic2.common.TileEntityElectricBlock.l_(TileEntityElectricBlock.java:194)	at fq.f(World.java:1204)	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:446)	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:351)	at cz.run(SourceFile:465)2012-03-03 16:42:48 [INFO] Stopping server
  • Sad to see all the bashing people are doing. ;(
    And really, telling AS to adjust his attitude? It's certain other people in the thread that need an attitude adjustment it seems 8|

There's constructive criticism, and then there's downright bashing and whining. The latter should stay away, if they feel so strongly about things. :S

Don't let them get to you, AtomicStryker :)
    I, for one, thank you for keeping the mod alive and going forward! :thumbup:

• I hope zipp comes back and sees what you have done with his mod. Considering you took this mod without permission and completely changed the function, you technically stole his work instead of updating a mod to work with a new version of IC. You are now the new poster child of why many talented coders do not mod. Congratulations, you replace FC in being a douche.

• I hope zipp comes back and sees what you have done with his mod. Considering you took this mod without permission and completely changed the function, you technically stole his work instead of updating a mod to work with a new version of IC. You are now the new poster child of why many talented coders do not mod. Congratulations, you replace FC in being a douche.

I'm not sure that comparing AtomicStryker to a great person and fantastic modder is an effective means of insult.

• Change the name.

This is no longer Advanced Machines. You've warped the mod far beyond the original concept and scope that zip set out to do.

Great work on insulting people. If you can't take people criticising your work on the chin, never ever ever ever publish any work you do. if you can't take community feedback on this mod, which you knew you'd get, why did you ever bother to publish it in the first place? You put all this effort into this, yet refuse to even consider a vanilla AM port. Why? Do you feel the need to FORCE upgrades on us in order to have what we once did?

I'm not exactly the paragon of good attitudes, but yeah AS, you're not exactly winning friends and influencing people here. I gave you solid data on why your twist on this concept was redundant and made the mod at best borderline useful, but on the whole pointless. If I'm being forced to use upgrades, using them in a base machine and just making a few more is faster and just easier anyway.

Nice twist on the additive macerating, I admit. But this makes your mod even more distant from Advanced Machines and to call it such is essentially stealing the name of the original mod people wanted.

You are a very very bad man. Very.

• Can you no longer macerate two things at once?

Yea this is my only complaint. The rest of you guys why don't you just not use it? I mean pwnedgod has a working one of the original. I know AS isn't acting very nice but you don't have to bash back.

• Yea this is my only complaint. The rest of you guys why don't you just not use it? I mean pwnedgod has a working one of the original. I know AS isn't acting very nice but you don't have to bash back.

I'd love to, only he didn't do an SMP version and I'm just darn tired of playing with myself all the time.

Telling us not to us is a cop out. AS has taken Zip's idea, cut the nuts off it and totally warped it. All that was needed was a port to 1.71 for those of us who run servers/play SMP, not this attempt to "rebalance" or "align" the mod to a system that isn't even balanced itself (upgrades).

But really, AS should change the name of his to AtomicStryker's Advanced Machines or Alternate Advanced Machines or something that differs it from zip's mod. AS in this has shown a major lack of respect. To zip, to the mod and largely to the community that uses that mod. Worse still, he's now claiming ownership of the mod and concept (see OP that states "i did not claim Ownership originally" note the past tense used). This isn't his idea, it wasn't his mod. And this whole "If you don't like it, STFU" mindset does nothing but hamper collective feedback. I posted a bunch of data before showing that in previous versions, these machines were borderline better than the base machines. I'd test 3.6 but why bother? AS has made it clear he wants to go his way and to hell with anyone else who might have a different opinion. All AS has done is take someone else's idea, alter it, claim it as his own and tell anyone who doesn't like it to shove it.

As such, an op on my server is going to try to write up an SMP version of the "vanilla Advanced Machines" (for lack of a better term). I can't give a timeframe, as he's pratically learning Minecraft and the Forge and IC2 API's from scratch, but he's willing to give it a go. If anyone else feels they can do this same thing as well, I would urge them to do so. We will naturally give full credit to zip and his concept and keep to the machines that he gave us that we want back.

• Look, if you don't like the changes just don't reply or anything. Either accept the changes or go somewhere else.

• Shoving things down self-entitled brats' throats is my specialty, i'm not insulted.

Go beg in the original thread for someone to have code mercy on you, though, if they have seen how you behave here, i'd say your chances are nonexistant at best

• Just a general point to make about the textures and how they are fetched (I know you have that useDefaultTexture=true/false, but it doesn't help custom texture matters where GUIs are involved). You have the mod coded to only pull textures from the mod.zip and not from texture packs.

I think it's some sort of deal with setting relative and absolute paths for textures.

cpw's IronChests mod had this issue.

It would just be easier to have to so it can pull from texture packs and not have that useDefaultTexture switch at all. It's just a quick case of c/p for the block sheet anyway.

• Are you sure about that? The way i understood the minecraft file system, there is no distinguishing - ModLoader "places" the mod zip contents in the minecraft directory, and a mod has access to all of it at all times

All a Texture Pack would have to do is overwrite /ic2/sprites/block_advmachine.png or, if the block_0 setting is set, /ic2/sprites/block_0.png