[Suggestion]High EU weapons

• First Idea: Railguns!
    Does 100 damage(I know thats overkill, but it punches through anything it kills/destroys). Can be backpack or turret mounted. Uses 5-10 million EUs per shot. Destroys all blocks but bedrock.
    Rails:
    :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium:
    :MFS-Unit: :Iridium: :MFS-Unit:
    Barrel:
    :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Industrial Diamond:
    :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre:
    :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Industrial Diamond:

:Glass Fibre: = Rail
    :Industrial Diamond: = Lapotron Crystal
    Backpack:
    :Mining Laser: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond:
    :Reactor: :Quantum-Bodyarmor: :Industrial Diamond:

:Mining Laser: = Barrel
    :Reactor: = Lap-pack

Turret:
    :Mining Laser: :Mining Laser: :Mining Laser:
    :MFS-Unit: :Iridium: :MFS-Unit:

Any other ideas?

• sounds like a bad idea sadly.

first off, what would happen if you aim it at a creeper? would it go through the creeper and then keep going and drill a hole to bedrock to blast through everything up to 64 blocks away?

second: 5-10 million energy a shot? why would you burn through 5 million energy for anything? you could set a Mining Laser to explode and dig a 8 by 8 hole to betrock for only like 1 million.

third: i did kind of like the turrent mode but if you were to intentionally use this for digging, for example go to bedrock and start using it to dig tunnels, then you'd burn off like 100mill EUs before you knew it. and people are already abusing solar panels for their "basic" AFK Mass Fabricators.

fourth: could you imagine a griefer on your server mount on of these under a town and build up 200mill EUs over a week or 2 and then decide to completely decimate your server by blasting holes through everything? no one would be safe unless they built their house out of bedrock, which they can't :p

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Agreed, fixed it for him.

PS: Amusingly, it doesn't update the username on already posted threads. Let's wait for him to reply :§

LOL, this is why I love IC, becuase of amazing developers. :D

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Makes me wonder what his username was before the change O.o

LOL, it was rocketsciencefails, it doesn't update it on already posted topics, click his username to see the new name.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

fourth: could you imagine a griefer on your server mount on of these
    under a town and build up 200mill EUs over a week or 2 and then decide
    to completely decimate your server by blasting holes through everything?
    no one would be safe unless they built their house out of bedrock,
    which they can't :"

honestly a greifer would not have the patience to do this especially when you have mining laser scatter shot which can swiss cheese a town in one shot so not only is this idea overkill and inconvenient. even greifers would find this difficult to use

however what i would like to see is a dedicated anti mob turret. but a long range mining laser if plenty powerfull for that purpose as it will kill almoast anything in one 2 shots maby even one shot if you want to wait for the fire damage to take effect

• He's probably having issues logging in... Name change and all.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Ok, lets just forget the Railgun. :thumbdown:
    How about a raygun that drains your health and turns it into EUs?
    Player-and-Monster-seeking missiles?
    Auto-targeting laser turrets?
    Exploding sheep and cows?
    Would any of these work?
    Also, the name-change was annoying.

• honestly a greifer would not have the patience to do this especially when you have mining laser scatter shot which can swiss cheese a town in one shot so not only is this idea overkill and inconvenient. even greifers would find this difficult to use

however what i would like to see is a dedicated anti mob turret. but a long range mining laser if plenty powerfull for that purpose as it will kill almoast anything in one 2 shots maby even one shot if you want to wait for the fire damage to take effect

i had a griefer on my server that was that patient. what he did was waited for 3 weeks for everyones projects were done and he farmed the materials for about 24 nukes and enough redstone to wire them up, then got online around 4am when everyone was off-line or AFK and wired the entire server to blow right before the server's automated Back-up time. and detonated them 5 minutes before the back-up.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• actually, instead of your Raygun (i'm not sure if this would be possible to code but), what about a "Reconstruction Gun" that when fired would replace all the blocks that were destroyed in the last 5 minutes with the corresponding blocks from your inventory. bascially the opposite of the mining gun. so say someone set off a nuke near your house, you could grab like 10 stacks of dirt and 10 stacks of stone and your Reconstruction gun and to "erase" the damage. sounds alittle far fetched but hey!

the Auto-targeting Laser Turrent would be really nice, would be like an advanced version of the Tesla Coil that uses a Mining Laser instead of invisible lightning damage.

• ...... Really?......... If this is implemented, let's have it only core through a couple blocks alright :|

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!