Tutorial: How to Cheap and simple wire Solars (13 and 32 flowers)

• heh - when i give the IC2 1.00 SSP to my friends one of then do an *ekhm* Solar farm that looks like an .... it looks like a penis and generate 237 EU :D

• How is that not getting any loss? It should definately be losing energy there. Tin cables should be quite lossy iirc.

and also tin cables are good for nothing but connecting to solar panels because of the 5 eut threshold

• and also tin cables are good for nothing but connecting to solar panels because of the 5 eut threshold

5eu/t? Its doing >150 eu/t without melting. But if i hook it up to a batbox it melts. Is that because its 150*1eu/t pulses instead of 1*150eu/t pulse?

• Official Post

yes. melting destruction etc are just based on single packages.

for the moment i will NOT make any adjustments with tin cables to the frist post. i want to hear some good comment from alb or another coder, how they are planning to use the tin cable. I mean okay its nice to have a cable that can just take small amounts of energy, but 0.01 is just not enough loss... you will be able to make a 100 block cable without loss? ur shitting me, right?... this way you can make a GIANT solar farm with 1 mfsu in the middle just with tin cables.... thats pretty stupid if you ask me. i'd say an energy loss of 0.1 is the lowest it should have.

i would tend to 0.125 (8 cables) so you can go the double way of the copper cable without loss for solars etc. which is already pretty nice.

• I have tried your 7x7 32 solar array and it is very useful thanks for the design!
    IMO tin is the most valuable resource (maybe except for diamonds) as it generates about half as much as copper so I would never waste it on cables which cannot even sustain low voltage.

• Really for the maximum of 3 EU/t on Tin cable to mean anything, the cable should melt if more than three Solar Panels are hooked up to the same cable.

• Haha, I wish I'd found this thread before spending a day playing with new solar lower designs.
    I ended up with the same layout as the 32-flower (if it can be called that anymore).

• Two blocks tall infinitely extendable no loss tin design. (Ok, loss if you extend it and don't add more MFSus :P)

Will add pictur once industrial rage is online, just crashed. :(

• here's my modified version of the 32 flat design... cuz it must be square or i'll pull all my hair out... not as efficient as there are only 25 per batbox, but it's flat, it's square and you can make it in multiples of 100 and that's just awesome. not to mention you only need 3 colors to make it as big as you'll ever want.

• here's my modified version of the 32 flat design... cuz it must be square or i'll pull all my hair out... not as efficient as there are only 25 per batbox, but it's flat, it's square and you can make it in multiples of 100 and that's just awesome. not to mention you only need 3 colors to make it as big as you'll ever want.

3,4=order of batboxes in pic

the left and down wires for box 4 are connected

also there is a straight wire connect to each of the boxes; 1 right-2 left, 2 down-4 up, 4 left-3 right, and 3 up-1 down

Am i allowed to use your awsome looking design? :D

EDIT : How did you wire this? to your storage area/ workshop

• Just stumbled upon the forum and hoped to get some input on this solar array:

5x5 flat without any intersections. Can be endlessly chained together with only 2 colors.

~
    Celania

• Why the hell have you first posted this now?!
    It's simple and brilliant :thumbup:

• How is that not having any energy loss?

How is that not having any energy loss?

It is, but only between the batboxes and the MFE (and it's only a little bit of loss). I was going to suggest LVTs between there instead of gold cables, but I figured it was his loss so I didn't care :) [Looks like TMI anyway so he could have just used some more batboxes :)]

• Hey there,

my mistake. I did use TMI and i honestly don't know what the problem with that is.
    I didn't really feel like ripping my solars out in my normal world just to show you the wiring.

As for the energy loss, you are right. I did use MFEs before to have them funnel the energy together.
    Just didnt think of the EU/t loss of gold cables when trying to minimize the overall cost.

~
    Celania