Question: Why is the Wrench not dismantling Batboxes?

• Good evening all,

I just picked up Industrial Craft yesterday and have been messing around with the mod. I have no other mods installed, fresh load out, and all that, so it's not a conflict elsewhere. I have the standard key bindings for the game as well, but whenever I try to knock out a batbox with a Wrench, both Electric and Regular, all it does is switch the output. I've tried both modes of the Electric Wrench and both crouching and not crouching, they all just move around the output side, seemingly at random. Just wondering what I'm doing wrong, I did try a few searches to see if this was elsewhere, but I did not locate it. Oh, and I am using Minecraft version 1.1.0 and Industrial Craft version 1.7.3

Thanks in Advance.

• Using the wrench on the batbox makes it either face toward or away from you (depending on if you're crouching iirc), so you have to use the wrench on the same side of it twice to make it drop the block.

• I've done that as well, I've hit it all sides, with all modes and walking types, nothing drops the box.

Edit: I've even followed the dot around and only hit that side for a few times in a row to see if that would do anything, and it just continues to bounce around. Again both crouching and not crouching.

• Is your ALT key stuck by any chance?

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• The batbox can be mined up with a pickaxe; it will drop itself. As a general rule of thumb, if the block requires a machine block or an advanced machine block to craft, wrenching will dismantle it (Still with the chance of it breaking, though)

• Ah, so I can't break batboxes then? Awesome, I was paranoid about it because I apparently have bad luck and broke more than the percentage suggests. Thanks a bunch for that.

• Last I heard, when someone checked the code, that Batboxes, MFE's and MFSU's can't be lost when wrenching.

Did they change that with the addition of Lossless Wrench Mode?

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I actually thought it was a Linux problem, as it is working fine on our Windows computer, but not working on my Ubuntu machine...

• I to am having trouble using the powered wrench to remove 4 MFS Units. I considered it possible that the issue was due to IC2 being ported to craftbukkit and was why the jetpack hover mode doesn't work. a thought that occurred to me was to add a button like the H for the jetpack hover mode that when held down the wrench will remove the said object.

• It's an issue with Alt + Tabbing. Once you're in the game, just hit Alt twice and the wrench will work perfectly again. Once you Alt+Tab though, you have to do it again. It's a bit strange, but at least it's easy to work around.

• I helped mike2033 through PM's with the same problem only his applied to a MFE instead of a BatBox, the solution that ended up working was that when it happens, press alt a few times and it should work, I don't think this worked for him but you could also try going into the controls and changing the one labeled alt key to something other than alt

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l