So, how shall the golems be nerfed?

• In 1.2, iron golems can easily be farmed to gain infinite iron by shacking ~20 villagers up in a small room and then figuring out where the golem will spawn, and then building a drowning/fall death/lava trap and then killing the golem. A few seconds after the golem dies, another one spawns in its place. Iron is one of the primary resources in IC2, so obviously something will have to be done about this. How should Alblaka nerf the golem spawning to prevent infinite iron farms?
    EDIT: Also, zombies also drop iron ingots rarely when killed so that's also something that needs fixing.

• Zombies dropping iron ignots isnt a bug its a rare drop. It doesnt need fixing. Read the changelog.

EDIT: after a long night of farming zombies in creative mode (and halving the durability on my diamond sword) i got 1 iron shovel. Certainly not op by the time you can make a mob trap that produces this in a reasonable time its useless because you already got better stuff. Please stop saying stuff is op before you tested it.

• i think your failing to read something Rick, lol. "Iron Golems" spawn in towns to prtect villagers, have 50 hearts of life and drop 3-6 iron bars and 0-3 roses. you can create a harvester/mob grinder to harvest and slaughter these Iron Golems for iron Ingots. the concern is exploiting this for basically infinate iron at an incredible rate. potentially like a stack every few minutes.

by the way golems do not take fall or drowning damage, they can be poisoned, lit on fire, or burned by lava though.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• They should be undamageable by natural processes. Notches work, no Als.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• i think your failing to read something Rick, lol. "Iron Golems" spawn in towns to prtect villagers, have 50 hearts of life and drop 3-6 iron bars and 0-3 roses. you can create a harvester/mob grinder to harvest and slaughter these Iron Golems for iron Ingots. the concern is exploiting this for basically infinate iron at an incredible rate. potentially like a stack every few minutes.

by the way golems do not take fall or drowning damage, they can be poisoned, lit on fire, or burned by lava though.

I just replied to the part he was wrong in i agree with golem farms being op.

• This is an issue with SMP 'balance', I'm assuming?

(I frankly could not care less what people do in their SSP builds. It is 'their craft', afterall.)

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• I don't see what the big deal is about nerfing golems. I for one look forward to the day I can play industrial craft in superflat and I'm going need some golems to harvest for iron

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• If your run a server through bukkit, as most hosters do, you can easily install a mob-drop plugin that allows you to remove the iron dropped by golems.

Again, forcing hosters do completely disable iron golem farming because they want to run IC2 won't work.
    This however gives a hoster a choice of what he wants. But it does make you dependant of the plugin in question.

Buildcraft – spilling items.™

• What i say is let people play how they want, in SSP as someone said its "their craft" so no need to nerf there. in SMP why not just add a option into the config file for ic2 to turn off iron golem drops ?
    that way if some servers want to they can turn drops off and some can leave them enabled. as i don't see the point in turning a vanilla drop off. the nerf should be within the addon/mod (ic2) we should be allowed them since its a vanilla minecraft drop that you get iron from the golems when killing them. (please don't critize spelling or grammar please i know its not perfect.)

• or with less effort we can do nothing and servers can ban golem farms themselves (its like unto a 128block high 1x1 cobble tower every one wants to build no one wants others to actually build it and its not exactly an easy thing to hide) i mean seriously its iron whats the worst that could happen?

and people will just use it to build golem security else where so it balances out

really this wouldn't be any issue if folks like yogscast didn't popularize in a video

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"