[suggestion] New Generator - the Magnetism harvester

• Hello,

i have been thinking about an new type of generator after reading about the "lightning rod" (please dont shoot me)

this Generator i have in mind is much like solar pannels - water mills - wind mills. but has NOTHING to do with lightning, only something else which occurs in life... magnetism, yes you heard it right. magnetism.

i can already hear the crits, but an generator is based on magnetism, every generator is. i say, true. but (olmost) every generator needs to have an suply of power to let it do its magic right? wel, thats where my idea starts. what about an generator which is purely based on magnetism? nothing else but pure magnetism.

wel, what is this generator suposed to do? verry simple, it wil harvest the magnetic field lines which also guide things like an compass. but then much more advanced, it wil turn these fields into an moderate amount of EU, maybe 50k of eu an day, tops at peak efficiency.

and now i hear ow, is there efficiency in these generators? yes there is, when placed the generator wil take an area of 9-9-9 (regardles of any blocks inside) and starts generating power. if there is ANOTHER of these generators in this area, the fields they use to generate power wil overlap, and use the same spot with the same magnetic power. if this should hapen, those bloks that overlap wil cut efficiency down (i am talking about the overlaped blocks) by 70% for BOTH generators. (simply to balance it, maybe less should apply.)

its logical isnt it? magnetism is all arround us in daily life, as it is in minecraft (emiting from the spawn location (compass))

so what about the recipe's required? are they expensive or mediocore? wel, i thought about these recipe's (yes multiple compononts)

:Gold Dust: :Gold Dust: :Gold Dust:

:Electronic Circuit: :Advanced Machine: :Electronic Circuit:
    :Gold Dust: :Refined Iron: :Gold Dust:

:Gold Dust: : gold ignots
    :Electronic Circuit: : advanced circ (couldnt find icon)
    and the others are what they represent.

this recipe would become an block of which name i am not quite sure, but is an component in the final product. was thinking about "Magnetism harvester"

the final generator would be like this,
    :Gold Dust: :Energy Crystal: :Gold Dust:

:Generator: :Water Mill: :Generator:

:Refined Iron: :Metal Block: :Refined Iron:

:Gold Dust: : gold ignots

:Generator: : standard generator

:Refined Iron: : refined iron

:Metal Block: : advanced alloy

:Water Mill: : your "harvest" block
    :Energy Crystal: : energy crystal (charged)

i do not know if this suggestion wil make it into coding, but i sure do hope so.

why did i make this request? wel quite simple, there are wind turbines...water mils....solar pannels... these all use an natural occuring thing to generate their power,
    sollar : uses sunshine (doh)
    water : uses water blocks (double doh)
    wind : uses the wind itself (triple doh)

these are all natural things, easily harvested. easy acces (exept for max height wind mills)
    so why not use the pure magnetic power of the minecraft world?

hoping this gets some good feedback i can word with to improve the overall concept, please if you read this REPLY! any reply will do, (be aware that pointles repliers will be shot)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• waiting for feedback -.-

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Meh, pretty useful but also it means free-power-4-uz. Make it like, you need 2 of them to make 32EU/4t And with just one, you get 16EU/4t meaning 4EU/t so it doesn't make it free-powa-4-us

"super long gay fucking signature that shouldnt even be here but you cant disable it or at least i cant find it god damnit i hate the internet and everyone on it. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

umad Badspot? :P

Steve shaves with a chainsaw.

• to kick off, please DO NOT QUOTE MAIN POST ;) please remove that small eye patching bit.

second, please explain, how do you mean the suggestion for this? giving it an GUI to add the harvesters to increase its area? meh, that would unbalance it.

• This doesn't make any sense, you can't generate infinite energy with a special generator that makes power from the earth's magnetic field in real life either...

true, but this is industrial craft ;) you cant make UU mater from electricity, or can we?

• you cant make UU mater from electricity

You can't.

You can from EUs, though.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Official Post

true, but this is industrial craft ;) you cant make UU mater from electricity, or can we?

Actually we can transform energy into matter, but not into a specific element.
    And we can transform matter into energy (by speeding it to the speed of light : 3x10^5 Km/s)

• Actually we can transform energy into matter, but not exactly a element.
    And we can transform matter into energy (by speeding it to the speed of light : 3x10^5 Km/s)

wel, that makes sense.... so we CAN :D so why not?

Actually we can transform energy into matter, but not exactly a element.

Precisely... makes quite a bit of a difference when you are generating quarks and leptons instead of whole atoms...

And as much as Tesla would like to see a generator like this, I think even he could admit how unrealistic an idea like this actually is...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Precisely... makes quite a bit of a difference when you are generating quarks and leptons instead of whole atoms...

And as much as Tesla would like to see a generator like this, I think even he could admit how unrealistic an idea like this actually is...

aaah, somebody who is farmiliar with old man Tesla, respect for that man.

but stil, this is industrial craft. we can make UU matter, why not condense magnetic power into real power? (maybe an option for fuel is necacery)

like craft one "giglewhatabut" that is consumed in time, to harnes the power

edit: its geting late for me, good nite. il be looking at the reply's tomorow. for now, shoot away

• My first thought when reading the OP was "troll science"... Dunno why.

A magnet that is connected to a car that pulls the car along forever- for free.

The Trollololo Mobile.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• =
    wel, what is this generator suposed to do? verry simple, it wil harvest the magnetic field lines which also guide things like an compass. but then much more advanced, it wil turn these fields into an moderate amount of EU, maybe 50k of eu an day, tops at peak efficiency.

Magnetism in the earth works a bit differently than you think. It's physically impossible to harvest energy from pure magnetism, otherwise everybody would have magnetic generators everywhere. The magnetic field of the planet affects everything equally, and very, very, very weakly. The earth's magnetic field does almost nothing. It is so weak that it physically cannot move an object of any size, simply align a very small object that spins easily with the magnetic field. Although, it is theoretically possible to get a magnetic generator, but it would require a monopolar magnet, which physically cannot exist without breaking the laws of Newtonian Physics, and magnetism is not affected by quantum physics, so therefore it cannot break the laws of Newtonian Physics. So, your suggestion is invalid as it does not physically work. You're trying to make something out of nothing, it doesn't work like that.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Actually we can transform energy into matter, but not into a specific element.

There's an easier way to turn matter into energy. It's called antiprotons and positrons.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.