Minecraft 1.2 Compatibility

• 8D! ((Alblaka responded to me, yay!))

...XD I died laughing on that. I'll start backing up today! ...There we go; 1.2.3 is stored. Thanks for the advice! And the links. :D

• After MCNostalgia, some deleting and repeating, some swearing over the META-INF folder, and a good several attempts at getting the right MCForge build...
    I'm no longer worried overmuch about the 1.2.3 update.

:D Huzzah!

Now to look into Metallurgy... ^^ Thanks for the help!

• Ditto. Plus Buildcraft for me.

Was lurking here and registered just to tell you that Buildcraft already a 1.2.3, not sure if it's some sort of beta or a actual full release, but i'm using it and it seems to work fine.

Besides that i'm on the same situation as you, if you are the kind of person that will just not play until it's all 1.2 compatible i recommend you do like me. Go do other stuff, play other games (i'm taking the time to play Mass Effect 3, very good game) and just come back from time to time to see how it's going.

• Was lurking here and registered just to tell you that Buildcraft already a 1.2.3, not sure if it's some sort of beta or a actual full release, but i'm using it and it seems to work fine.

Besides that i'm on the same situation as you, if you are the kind of person that will just not play until it's all 1.2 compatible i recommend you do like me. Go do other stuff, play other games (i'm taking the time to play Mass Effect 3, very good game) and just come back from time to time to see how it's going.

It's a beta crowd-sourced by SirSengir, one of the new maintainers of Buildcraft alongside Krapht as well.

• Was lurking here and registered just to tell you that Buildcraft already a 1.2.3, not sure if it's some sort of beta or a actual full release, but i'm using it and it seems to work fine.

You just described me :p If IC2 and RP didn't alter world generation, I'd start playing now and just do other stuff, but I really don't wanna start all over again because of the world gen. I don't even know if it's possible, but it'd be awesome if mods could release like a world-gen version of mods, that just takes care of the world generation, so you can start mining etc.

• You just described me :p If IC2 and RP didn't alter world generation, I'd start playing now and just do other stuff, but I really don't wanna start all over again because of the world gen. I don't even know if it's possible, but it'd be awesome if mods could release like a world-gen version of mods, that just takes care of the world generation, so you can start mining etc.

I think that there is no point in making this, the work they would have to put on it they could put on improving the mod. You just need a little patience. It's not that hard.

• Hoping its out in the next week, people on my server got to mad about staying on 1.1 and one guy couldn't downgrade to 1.1 so his anger was worse, they blew up everything then said they quit until I could get the mods on 1.2 :(

• so they would rather have all thier preciouse mod equipment get deleted in the new map format than keep with the status quo? sounds like trolls and preteens to me(preteens with tnt now that is scary 8| )

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Hoping its out in the next week, people on my server got to mad about staying on 1.1 and one guy couldn't downgrade to 1.1 so his anger was worse, they blew up everything then said they quit until I could get the mods on 1.2 :(

Wow, bunch of idiots there. Sounds like you should just not let them back on if they're going to do stupid stuff/griefing like that. "Gimme! Gimme! NOW!!" self-entitled idiots.

• spare a thought for us bukkit users

we have to wait for :
    1) a rb of minecraft 1.2.3 (no one seems to want to port to the beta build)
    2) modloader modloadermp forge to be ported (they are all 1.2.3 already)
    3) mods to be updated to 1.2.3 (so far ic2/froestry/redpower are the sticking points for us as they all add terrain gen stuff)
    4) said mods to be ported

1.2.3 came out, our server population went to 3 or 4 online if your lucky peak time im now on holiday too lol

im using the down time to
    a) whitelisted creative server for players to build us a new spawn and server town
    b) play mass effect3
    c) tweak some bugs in the server code we use and look at new plugins
    d) streamline our procedures
    e) play some of the single player only mods and wish we could have them (have you tried version 3 of build craft....pure awsome) or the zepplin mod? sooo cool.

....tbh though ...i just want to play minecraft on our server again lol lets hope notch stops with the major changes! (thouigh at some point he actualy needs to add the 4096 block id limit)

• ....tbh though ...i just want to play minecraft on our server again lol lets hope notch stops with the major changes! (thouigh at some point he actualy needs to add the 4096 block id limit)

You seem to be so involved with Minecraft and yet you don't know Notch is no longer the main developer of Minecraft. It's Jeb who's doing all the main work now.

• You seem to be so involved with Minecraft and yet you don't know Notch is no longer the main developer of Minecraft. It's Jeb who's doing all the main work now.

i have been running a minecraft server since the hmod days, i keep forgetting its not notch but jeb, though im sure notch still has a hand in it, lets face it if you created a game of this magnitude could you walk away from it?

RichardG, any updates chap? ( i dont mean give us an exact eta or ought just is it going well or are you hitting hurdles?) might have a look for your donate ink in a bit and buy you a beer actually...a coffee (tipsey programmers not good idea lol)
    im on holiday till aprill 2nd so im hopefull all this mess (meaning all mods and bukkit etc) is sorted before then lol

edit:** i have pmed you as i cant find your donation link only the main one