[Spoiler]Superfuel

• Did you ever wonder what happened to the "secret" superfuel from IC? Well, I did. Developers of IC² already mentioned "adulterated fuel". Alblaka stated that you could put other things than Fuelcells into Fuelcans with the canning machine. Well, I did some experiments to find out more about it. To not ruin your fun about finding out things about superfuel, I'll put the stuff I found out in spoilers.

Please excuse and tell me any mistakes you find here, I will correct them. Please tell me if this was posted already, I didn't find something like this by searching.
    Thanks for reading!

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• you can put dust into a fuel? cool!

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D

• Mmm, I had discovered this a while back, just by putting in a coal fuel cell in the canner then just tossing in all the dusts I could think of. I found that using the ingredients from IC1 super fuel worked quite nicely. However, I could not burn it in a generator (has something to do with it not being in NBT tags?)

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• However, I could not burn it in a generator

That's strange... I had no problems with burning it. By the way, could you use other dusts than the IC1-superfuel-dusts? At the moment I can't test it.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• AFAIK, only redstone, gunpowder, and glowstone work. However, I haven't tried coal dust.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)

• It doesn't work. I tried the metal dusts, coal dust, hydrated coal dust, scrap, UUM and a few vanilla dusts.

• I did a bit of research and reverse engineered the fuel recipe formula after burning a forest worth of saplings and killing a small nation worth of creepers (etc.).

The TL;DR Ultimate Fuels List:

For those of you who want to know the exact formula:

• sweet. time to expand my storage and build a mob grinder MinecraftCreeper + :Coal Cell: ...?...profit!

Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum - "When you have their testicals/full-attention in your grasp, you will have their hearts and minds also"

• sweet. time to expand my storage and build a mob grinder MinecraftCreeper + :Coal Cell: ...?...profit!

acording to the IC2 Wiki, the best superfuel recipe will give 120,000EUs, i have yet to discover this, have you happened to find it?

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• acording to the IC2 Wiki, the best superfuel recipe will give 120,000EUs, i have yet to discover this, have you happened to find it?

Old Ic1 information still in the wiki?

• Ehm there always was a use for coal be it in generators or making diamonds with them.

It always felt like a waste just burning it once nuclear energy became available, and turning it into diamonds really, really eats away at your coal reserves. Mine is usually turned into carbon plates, or left as coal until needed for another project. Having the super fuel makes it a very viable fuel source right up until you have multiple mkII generators constantly running.

• So what, now to maximize my EU yield I have to mix gunpowder with the coalfuel? That's going to make my automatic Coal Fuel plant a heck of a lot more complicated. To the lab!

Edit: My gut instinct about the two flavors of 'optimum' superfuel is that:

• i don't like deep mining all my coal goes to diamonds if i can help it

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I just see coal as a extra source of diamonds.

I see Coal as my ONLY source of Diamonds until I get to end game... and even then, the coal is still cheaper to farm...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.