Suggestion: Recharger Plate/Spot

• A device similar to a pressure plate, or perhaps a block you can step on. While you're standing on it, all your battery-power items and equipment is charged up.

Optionally: A device similar to the Tesla Coil, which charges all players that enter a certain distance of it. This would allow some crafting work to be done while one charges.

• A device similar to a pressure plate, or perhaps a block you can step on. While you're standing on it, all your battery-power items and equipment is charged up.

Optionally: A device similar to the Tesla Coil, which charges all players that enter a certain distance of it. This would allow some crafting work to be done while one charges.

i love this idea! i get so annoyed taking off all my items, armor, mining lasers and packs and manually tossing them into some MFSUs, like love if there was something i could stand on or in and have it recharge all my stuff. whether it is instant or not. like even if it's like a tesla coil that recharges my 5,000 EUs as it charges and zaps me, or if it's like a Teleporter and recharges everything instantly at the cost of 150% of the energy it took to fill everything to max. the "teleporter/Instant" recharge would be ideal, but even if i could set up a room of these "Wireless Recharge Blocks" to charge my stuff while i do alittle bit of crafting or fishing, that would be awesome too.

recipe could be something like 1 MFSU, 1 tesla coil, 4 uninsulated HV-Cables. 1 stone pressure plat, 2 advanced cuircuts. like this:

:Refined Iron: :Intergrated Plating: :Refined Iron:

:Electronic Circuit: :Tesla Coil: :Electronic Circuit:

:Refined Iron: :MFS-Unit: :Refined Iron:

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Not a bad idea at all, I'd put two door ways to my mine, one for regular entry, and one to instant (or steady) recharge doorway.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• if it was instant then i'd put it in my doorway so that it would re-charge me everytime i went in or out of my crafting room/factory. if it was a steady recharge then i'd wire my entire floor in my house with them so that as long i was in my house i'd be charging, if it was an area "static" recharge then i'd just make a line of them in my walls so that it looks decorative and is effective.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

I would just put one next to my Craftingtable, my CC-Computer and the Inputslot of my Factory.

Or if it instacharges my Stuff then next to the Exit/Entrance of my Base.

The Idea is usefull for me.

• now if only there was an easy way to get Alblaka's attention towards this post since it seems like a well desired idea.

• Can we combine these with beds and make Metroid Prime style Save Spots? :thumbup:

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• Can we combine these with beds and make Metroid Prime style Save Spots? :thumbup:

well if we go with the (instant) Charging Plate idea then all you'd have to do is put then along the side, or under the bed perhaps. if we go with they Area Tesla Coil Charging Styled idea, then just put alot of them around your bed and they will shock the hell out of you and charge your armor while your laying in bed.

• [...] recharges everything instantly at the cost of 150% of the energy it took to fill everything to max. the "teleporter/Instant" recharge would be ideal, but even if i could set up a room of these "Wireless Recharge Blocks" to charge my stuff while i do alittle bit of crafting or fishing, that would be awesome too.

Really like the idee about increased Energy Consumption in exchange for Automation of charging. Whether its instant or a whole floor charging you while running on it. Even better then the charging bench addon :D

FarFar

• Really like the idee about increased Energy Consumption in exchange for Automation of charging. Whether its instant or a whole floor charging you while running on it. Even better then the charging bench addon :D

FarFar

yeah, i'm kinda leaning towards the instant "teleporter drain" style of recharge at 150% energy cost cause it'd be ALOT less strain on a server then setting up a room of 30 "Static Wireless Energy" recharging blocks. if you had like 3-4 people in that room i'd imagine it's cause lag similar to 100 solar panels.