A Survey Regarding the Advanced Machines Addon

• Which Version of Advanced Mahcines is Better 21

1. AtomicStryker's (5) 24%
    2. Zippinus's (12) 57%
    3. I don't like either (4) 19%

Recently there was a controversy over in the Addons section about what AtomicStryker has been doing with the Advanced Machines mod. I want to know who thinks which version is better, without starting an argument. The results of this survey will not be used against either of the mod authors, and may help server owners with deciding which version of the addon to choose.

COMING !SOON: Melumpkins, the Addon!

• Great idea fuel more disscussion about it, we know its going to end nicely so why not! /sarcarsm.

Its not a matter of who is better than who, Atomik decided to modernize the old advanced machines to try and make it more on par with the new Module system. Snyke decided to just make the advanced machines work with the new version of Industrialcraft.

And in the end the only point of disscussion was because induction furnace are still the same with no Module slots or nothing similar, ergo the advanced machines should be the same.

• flame war time? noooh,

i like zipp's version, since it ceeps everything nicely old school.

upgrades are nice, dont get me wrong. but i like the old version ;)

note: quote is not needed. i wont respond anyway, just to avoid flame wars...

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• I did consider that this could lead to a flame war, but I thought we were mature enough on this forum to handle it. I just want to help out server owners.

COMING !SOON: Melumpkins, the Addon!

• Since I actually have more of a calm, level-headed voice in this issue, I'll go ahead and weigh in an unbiased opinion...

Zipp's original addon for IC2 allows for rapid productivity with keeping up with the ramp time of Induction furnaces. As such, it allows the machines to compete with the refining process of smelting ore and validates a reason to have a MV power grid running your machines. However, the balance issues remain with the original machines for the fact that the machines (literally) could grind tons of ore, resin, and not have to worry about the increased power load to a particular degree. The 1 EU/t for each machine can easily be negated with a renewable energy grid that can constantly feed power to the machine's ramp time. Yet the increased processing speed is the only feature that these machines come with (beyond MV tolerance, but that's a different issue)...

Atomic's machines start with a low, yet upgradable, ramp up that consumes more energy for the use of basic functions that many with zipp's addon took for granted. This is part of the reason why the changes angered so many, because now they had to manage around the more constant demand for power to keep the same (if not less) ramp up speed than the other machines. But despite this, the most attractive feature about Atomic's machines is due to the increased utility in the Macerator (and hopefully, eventually in the Compressor and Extractor machines). The ability to create bronze and refined Iron at dust form is a nice QoL adjustment from the machines so you don't have the hassle of running to a crafting menu just to make some dust, or have to double input in the Induction Furnace just to refine Iron. This change helps save time with ore processing for specific tasks, and allows a more flexible level of control for how you want to manage your resources...

So tl;dr
    Zipp's Machines are for low ramp cost, low utility
    Atomic's Machines are for high ramp cost, high utility

Take your pick...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I did consider that this could lead to a flame war, but I thought we were mature enough on this forum to handle it. I just want to help out server owners.

dont worry, i wont go into an flame war ;) and i definetly understand that it is nice to help.

true, some are mature enough. others are not, there are always rotten apples who like to shout, its an balance. and right now, nobody is shouting yet. :)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Overclockers are better in like every aspect.
    Though I'd change upgrade mechanics...

Still, if I was forced to choose, I'd use the ones from Atomic. More recipies/more complex automation -> better.

• I am using Zipp's version right now, but I give my vote to Atomic as you can take one step out and combine items right at maceration which just makes life a bit easier.

• Official Post

You're free to discuss this matter within the Addon threads in a polite and reasonable manner.

Creating a NEW THREAD in the IC MAIN SECTION is an incorrect approach.