Suggestion: Coffee

• i had an idea, i realized that we are being all industrial but what is an industry without coffee? :D every refinery, contractor office, ect. has coffee. so i think we should somehow impliment a Coffee Plant or Coffee Beans, maybe have them drop from the new Jungle Biome trees, or make them growable from the Crop System. you then take the Coffee Beans and put them in a furnace to make Roasted Coffee, and then you put them in a Canning Machine with Water Cells to make a "Coffee Shot" or Cup of Coffee? this would be consumed like a potion and would fully cure hunger and increasse your movement speed like that is a plain Potion of Swiftness 1, but would cause the "hunger effect for 2 minutes" which would be similar to your afternoon "Crash" from drinking coffee, or you can just chug coffee all day long to stay hyper and energetic.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

I would never drink coffee IRL but in IC²...
    Should work a bit like Swiftnesspotion with low effect and duration. A new crop crossbreeded from two Cocoaplants to make Coffee (will add that plant in my List) would be needed, because Cocoabeans are not Coffeebeans.

With the Colorforgehook (used from Eloraam to add Indigodye) we could add a new brown, based on Coffee, to use the surplus of it.

• indeed, that'd work. also "here's a fun fact:" Coffee if the second most profitable resource on earth, just under oil.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• I think it's an awesome idea, except leave out the hunger restoring effect, I mean if milk doesn't restore hunger then why should coffee?
    The speed boost is also an excellent idea, though instead of the hunger effect being sped up from the crash, why not just have the player be slightly slowed down for a duration? similar to the actual "crash you experience from consuming caffeine

• develop a caffeine dependence to sprint? (semi-related fun fact I'm a mormon)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I think it's an awesome idea, except leave out the hunger restoring effect, I mean if milk doesn't restore hunger then why should coffee?
    The speed boost is also an excellent idea, though instead of the hunger effect being sped up from the crash, why not just have the player be slightly slowed down for a duration? similar to the actual "crash you experience from consuming caffeine

the hunger restoring effect would be as to allow you to sprint. i'm not sure if it's possible to code in a "ignore Hunger when sprinting" but that would work to. or maybe you can add milk and sugar in a recipie to allow it to cure hunger? that's what i usually have for breakfast in real life anyways. lol

• I think it would more be minecraft like if it was hot chocolate we already got the milk cocobeans and sugar (also it should give an extra bonus in snow biomes) the trace amounts of caffeine and the sugar rush should take care of the rest.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• yeah but Hot Chocolate isn;t industrial, coffee is :p just make Coffee Beans a Crop thing produced by breeding coffee beans selectively till like Teir 8, and then yield Coffee Beans that look like Cocoa Beans but are green, and then baked till they are black.

• yeah but Hot Chocolate isn;t industrial, coffee is :p

tell that to a mormon factory worker :D

the 2 can coexist its just hot chocolate means writing less code and has fewer logistics to worry about.

• lol, true, it would be alittle easier to code and they could make both i suppose, just make the coffee effects greater. :p

• if you want a stronger benefit that means you are trying to be realistic and if you are being realistic then coffee needs a stronger crash than hot chocolate or at least you can't sleep in a bed while under the effects of coffee

• Probably a concurrent to my Energy Drink thing, since both sort of produce the same effect... but why not ^^

yay! much appriciated that you'll take this idea into consideration :) hope all is going well.

if you want a stronger benefit that means you are trying to be realistic and if you are being realistic then coffee needs a stronger crash than hot chocolate or at least you can't sleep in a bed while under the effects of coffee

lol, yeah that seems like a reasosnable side effect, the no sleep thing that is. :D

• Check this out :D
    HAHA :DDD
    Put lets say cocao beans into furnace to make refined coffee beans and then mecerate them to get some coffee and then idk what to do with it :D boil some water? :D

• artificial instant coffee? now that sounds industrial :D

• artificial instant coffee? now that sounds industrial :D

well i dont know why but im working on coffee plant texture :DDD

Edit: And i created fast few minutes texture how coffee plant should look like :D it would look pritty nice when its in minecraft but anyways. i tried to use same texture as ferru because that melon steam texture is already use by 3 crops so i added in 3rd stage green beans and in final 4th red beans when you can harvest them :D

If i would try to make it nice, i would change leafs, add some, and make beans under leafs. but i would still leave those green and red beans :D It would be funny. someone see's that it's coffee plant has growed and he tries to harvest it but he fails because its only 3rd stage :D trollcoffee :D

• cocobeans+rose dye+sugar+near depleted uranium cell+water(duh)=nuke-a-cola

• cocobeans+rose dye+sugar+near depleted uranium cell+water(duh)=nuke-a-cola

is there any specific type of cancer that you want Steve to die from after consumption? or just plain old radiation poisoning? ?(

but I like the soda idea, but it needs carbonated water. if only Al would add some gasses into the game such as hydrogen, carbon dioxide, helium, etc..(neon for luminators?)