[Suggestion] Yes, again it's me with a Silversuggestion

• i hear people go back and forth on copper vs. silver vs. gold allot the reason gold is so good is it doesn't corrode.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• correct, gold also doesn't oxidize or corrode under most acids and salts under normal means. but it is also MUCH more ductile then silver or copper, it's just way to expensive to wire your house with. lol

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• actually gold has the highest conductivity in reality but due to the cost if it, gold isn't for large scale electronics, only smaller things like processors and nano-boards.

That's not correct, silver has the highest conductivity, folowed by copper and gold.

• That's not correct, silver has the highest conductivity, folowed by copper and gold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold

Gold is the most malleable and ductile of all metals; a single gram can be beaten into a sheet of 1 square meter, or an ounce into 300 square feet. Gold leaf can be beaten thin enough to become transparent. The transmitted light appears greenish blue, because gold strongly reflects yellow and red.[4] Such semi-transparent sheets also strongly reflect infrared light, making them useful as infrared (radiant heat) shields in visors of heat-resistant suits, and in sun-visors for spacesuits

i am a chemical and analytical engineer, i use stuff like this on a daily basis, and the reason it's used in nano boards is because it is so ductile that even using copper or silver would cause the elctricaly current to almost be immediately be consumed by resistance where gold allows it to travel on these nano wide trails of metals as far as 860 feet with about 2.3 ohms of resistance. in these scales copper and silver are actually used as insulators or even the base metal, such as stamping a nano board onto the face of a penny allows the entire penny to be turned into a cuicut board even more complex then your top of the line Destop PC.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Silver is a very ductile, malleable (slightly harder than gold), monovalent coinage metal, with a brilliant white metallic luster that can take a high degree of polish. It has the highest electrical conductivity of all metals, even higher than copper, but its greater cost has prevented it from being widely used in place of copper for electrical purposes.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver

• lol, odd, cause my above statement is true as well. *mind is blown* lolz.

ok well, now that i'm quite a bit confused. back to the OP! lol: add silver ore back in with the next patch? :D

• Official Post

Silver is a very ductile, malleable (slightly harder than gold), monovalent coinage metal, with a brilliant white metallic luster that can take a high degree of polish. It has the highest electrical conductivity of all metals, even higher than copper, but its greater cost has prevented it from being widely used in place of copper for electrical purposes.

Quote from Wikipedia: Electrical resistivity and conductivity

In ordinary conductors, such as copper or silver, this decrease is limited by impurities and other defects...
    ... Gold is commonly used in electrical contacts because it does not easily corrode.

I found the link to it in your Wikiarticle. i found out that Tungsten is very conductive, maybe i should suggest Tungstenwires.
    You are partly right, but under normal environment Gold is much better because it's chemical nearby indestructible.

Edit: Whoah, i needed a lot of time to read the important part of that article.

• The question was only about the conductivity, not the chemical stability... that way, HV cables (made of iron) wont last very long, especially under water... if not correctly insulated.

• Bottom line is, Adding any new ore with the only valid use conceived so far its to replace some materials in some recipes only is a bad idea.

Specially when the recipes we have so far are perfectly valid and logical.

perhaps use silver as a new and more usefull EV wire that needs insulation and is better then fiber glass wire? make the silver as rare as diamonds but needs 3 silver ingots to make a wire. bot sure how much re-balancing would be needed.

• perhaps use silver as a new and more usefull EV wire that needs insulation and is better then fiber glass wire? make the silver as rare as diamonds but needs 3 silver ingots to make a wire. bot sure how much re-balancing would be needed.

I ask you, is it really necessary?

How many situations will you find that you need to use EV? I'll tell you, only 1, From your extremely efficient Nuclear reactor to either:

A) A EV-HV Transformer or
    B) MFSU

And there, no more EV for a good while.

We already have enough cables to last us for a lifetime, and before we start talking about distance efficiency, we need to think that after 5 or so chunks those cable and their power sources will most likely unload or work incorrectly.

• well if a large battery is implimented then i wouldn't really need this, but if not then i'd need a wire better then the current EV wire wouldn't do so well to transfer energy 3,000-5,000 blocks.

• Official Post

well if a large battery is implimented then i wouldn't really need this, but if not then i'd need a wire better then the current EV wire wouldn't do so well to transfer energy 3,000-5,000 blocks.

[Shorten the Quote]
    3000-5000 Blocks!!! Thats impossibru without chunkloadingblocks. Nuclear doesn't explode so much that you need a so long wire.

My only EV-Wire is that from the Reactor to the HVT, an thats only 2 - 3 Blocks. If theres a MMFSU which is outputting EV than i might consider EV-Wires and then use HVT->Glassfibre to transmit over very long distances (to my Massfab, which is maybe 20 Blocks away).

• [Shorten the Quote]
    3000-5000 Blocks!!! Thats impossibru without chunkloadingblocks. Nuclear doesn't explode so much that you need a so long wire.

My only EV-Wire is that from the Reactor to the HVT, an thats only 2 - 3 Blocks. If theres a MMFSU which is outputting EV than i might consider EV-Wires and then use HVT->Glassfibre to transmit over very long distances (to my Massfab, which is maybe 20 Blocks away).

i have 4 accounts to help assist in issues like that, however also what i would have to do is make a Buffer station to store like 20 million energy and just play a game of leap frog back and forth loading the chunks between the 2 locations to that i could transport that 20 million at a time.

• there is already a recipe for glass fiber cable that is preferred by everyone that uses silver

But that is a recipe implemented when using redpower, and thats the only IC2 use for silver. Why add an ore with a single use only?

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• agreed, there are several other uses that silver COULD be used for. actually now that i think about it, it would also be awesome if a Silver Block could accept any voltage and transmit 32eu/t packets, i could make an entire house out of silver blocks and then just place the machine where ever the hell i want to and not worry about power :p lol