[Tutorial] Efficiency, advanced lagfree Mechanics and logisticspipesfree recursive Autocrafting, with IC², Redpower and Tubestuff (including Windmillengineering by SpwnX) - Incredibly outdated, GT offers automation now.

• I'm just curious, will there "ever" be a way to use MJ as a power source for IC2 machines and vice verse? I'm not talking about crossover mods that adds new blocks, I mean the actual machines supporting different power types?

• I'm just curious, will there "ever" be a way to use MJ as a power source for IC2 machines and vice verse? I'm not talking about crossover mods that adds new blocks, I mean the actual machines supporting different power types?

I doubt it. In fact, I can (with a certainty infinitesimally less than 100%) say no.

Why? because that means that IC2 would need BC to be installed, and vice verse, or you would get errors because IC2 can't find any information on MJ or BC can't find any information on what EU is.

• I doubt it. In fact, I can (with a certainty infinitesimally less than 100%) say no.

Why? because that means that IC2 would need BC to be installed, and vice verse, or you would get errors because IC2 can't find any information on MJ or BC can't find any information on what EU is.

Forestry can work without IC2, but if IC2 is installed, Forestry can produce EU/t. So, technically it's possible to have integration that does not crash game when one side is missing.

• I laughted to death:

shit, visiting Technic forum is a ton of fun

• Official Post

The thing about the water mills is that they are a wonderful, infinite source of energy that can be built literally anywhere, but they are quickly outclassed by the compact solars. Versus individual solar panels, they absolutely win hands down. A solar cell produces 1 EU/t versus the 2 EU/t of the water mill. Against compact solars, an LV array produces 8 EU/t and a MV array produces 64 EU/t simple because they are worth 8 solar cells and 64 solar cells respectively. Compact solars are a LOT of resources, but if you want something compact, generating energy, and out of the way they will be your best bet.

But yea, don't use the wind mills. They are just about the worst power generation available, there as a last ditch effort if you seriously cannot do anything else. They are variable power, they get disrupted by ANYTHING in a certain radius, even the cable taking power from them, and generate next to nothing. In the course of a full MC day a single solar cell will generate a LOT more power than a windmill will because the solar cell is constant and the windmill might not even output power for huge swaths of time.

Yeah, anything stated there is wrong.

First of all: Watermills + Buckets = 500EU at 1EU/t (they got nerfed massively in 1.103)
    Second: Watermill + Watercell = 1000EU at 2EU/t (got nerfed too)
    Third: Watermill + BC-Liquid-API + Anything else than Waterbuckets or Watercells = Crash + Worldcorruption (in 1.103; Note that empty Buckets also cause that Crash, so guess what happens even with Waterbuckets)
    Fourth: Solararrays are OP and not Part of Core-IC²
    Fifth: SpwnX, could you please kill that Tekkitforumguy, who made that Description? We all know, that Wind is the best green Energysource in IC².
    Sixth: So Windmill generates 1.5EU/t on average and Solar 1EU/t but only at Day? After some calculation i found out, that you need 3 expensive Solarpanels just to get one cheap Windmill. (Thats why i nerfed the Recipe in my Addon)

• I know :DD the thread was old, I guess. I showed that the moment I saw it, so I won't be able to find this thread, way too big history folder.
    In the beginningI hated windmills and loved solars, but when I learned, that windmills can produce > 1 EU (I started my minecraft life not on this forum, but on rather crappy one), I myself found out something close to windmill towers, exept I made them from 100 up to max height with batbox each 4 layer and w\o transformers(I didn't know their purpose, beside V tier changing xD). I discovered, than they break sometimes and stopped building them after specific height. In the end I said - "screw solars, they will be my floor from now on!". That's my story x)
    But Solars still have their nifty-blue thing on top :love:

• Official Post

7th : Windmills are the best in terms of Area used, if compared to solar and watermills [Not compact solar ones].
    A massive setup [Compact] with 6400 wind mills occupy only an area of 56x56 (and about 20 blocks high but thats not much)
    If you are smart enough you can even make more 3136 windmills below that area using normal setup which needs relatively lower height. [Will occupy an area of 53x53]
    Windmills generate energy during day and night, solar doesn't.
    Windmills requires MUCH less wiring than solar.
    Windmills if properly placed will never break and have a higher production than a solar panel.

8th : About Watermills, there is a kinda cheaty setup you can do with some mods.
    Powercrystals\TehKrush Powerconverters + CoFH Team Thermal Expansion = Easy energy

• Official Post

Map for mass scale unmanned watermill energy production, area used : 32x32 (effectively only 31x31)
    WaterMap (Mass scale)
    Made to explain my design to Waoaca and fit his space (32x32, 4 chunks). Adding it to Unmanned water mill part as an example would be nice.

• I've been looking for good and efficient automatic sorting / crafting and all around item processing solution (using rp2 + tubestuff), but haven't found anything yet that I would be happy with. Maybe I'm just spoiled by logistics pipes and magic they provided :)

Any suggestions?

• How far below the MV transformer would the "floor" need to be to not obstruct the lowest windmill in a tower of 64 windmills? I was checking through some of the pictures and it said something about the highest tower being at y 181, with the MV transformer included the bottom part would be at around y 162? But if you build a floor at that level it would probably obstruct the bottom windmills, correct?

• Official Post

How far below the MV transformer would the "floor" need to be to not obstruct the lowest windmill in a tower of 64 windmills? I was checking through some of the pictures and it said something about the highest tower being at y 181, with the MV transformer included the bottom part would be at around y 162? But if you build a floor at that level it would probably obstruct the bottom windmills, correct?

Anything below the transformer and above the tower (obstruction blocks in + shape) will not count as obstructions.

• *chants*
    Rise thread... back into the living

This thread seriously needs an updated, with all the new 1.4.6 RP, IC2 & GT stuff.

• @ SpwnX:

Should your windmill tower still be done in 1.4.6 like described in the tutorial or was there some major change in IC2 that a different design would be better?

Greetings,
    foxxx0

PS @Greg: Klasse Addon geworden, Respekt! Hatte bisher keine Zeit zum Zocken und bin jetzt seit 3 Tagen mit der 1.4.6er Version unterwegs :D Ein kleiner Hinweis: Ist es absicht, dass deine config-files bei jedem Start via MagicLauncher überschrieben werden? Wenn man die Dateien schreibgeschützt macht, ist es kein Problem. Evtl. vorm Erzeugen der Dateien ne Überprüfung auf ihre Existenz machen?!

• Official Post

Ein kleiner Hinweis: Ist es absicht, dass deine config-files bei jedem Start via MagicLauncher überschrieben werden? Wenn man die Dateien schreibgeschützt macht, ist es kein Problem. Evtl. vorm Erzeugen der Dateien ne Überprüfung auf ihre Existenz machen?!

Meine Configs werden beim Spielstart geladen, gespeichert, und wenn das Spiel beendet wird, werden sie nochmal (mit den alten Werten) gespeichert, da einige Einstellungen erst während des laufenden Spiels zustande kommen könnten. Das Minecraft darf nicht gestartet sein wenn man die Config bearbeiten will.

• Official Post

@ SpwnX:

Should your windmill tower still be done in 1.4.6 like described in the tutorial or was there some major change in IC2 that a different design would be better?

Greetings,
    foxxx0

Hello there foxxx0, nice to know you actually read my tutorial.
    Nothing about windmills were changed on 1.4.6, so everything in tutorial still works perfectly. Whenever windmill changes (or i find another design) i will update it.

Someone told me about horizontal windtowers setup (very similar to mine), i could try improving it later and posting it.
    The only problem about them is that they take way too much area, but you can stack those horizontal towers adding some obstructions which i will need to calculate...
    Anyway it would be too much effort to design that, even more to make a tutorial about it. Maybe a map [similar to compact windmill setup] would be the way.
    Whenever i have time (and the feeling of doing it) i will try it.

P.S : After a long time of doing nothing : Updated windmill wiki with better information

• Yb the way, do you know the Second Link in my Map´s Video-Description?