[suggestion] Battery - energy crystals upgrade's

• so it instakills zombie pigmen and charged creepers then

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• so it instakills zombie pigmen and charged creepers then

i don;t recall any zombie pigmen or creepers asking for a lightning rod so they could be struck in the first place :D lol

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• they don't speak english so this is their way of saying "alblaka add i lightning rod if i can be struck by lightning so can a lightning rod"

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• they don't speak english so this is their way of saying "alblaka add i lightning rod if i can be struck by lightning so can a lightning rod"

lolz

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• back to the OP: it would be nice to have empty crystals stack to 16-64, but it would also be nice to have a much larger or stackable fully charged battery unit. primarily used to move power from one Enat system at one base to another. like if i had been using a huge solar,geothermal,wind turbine array. and decide to completely abandon that facility and move on to a nuclear base 3,000 blocks away, or even in the nether, then it would be nice to be able to drain my base of it's 192 million stored EUs.

• Official Post

back to the OP: it would be nice to have empty crystals stack to 16-64, but it would also be nice to have a much larger or stackable fully charged battery unit. primarily used to move power from one Enat system at one base to another. like if i had been using a huge solar,geothermal,wind turbine array. and decide to completely abandon that facility and move on to a nuclear base 3,000 blocks away, or even in the nether, then it would be nice to be able to drain my base of it's 192 million stored EUs.

192 MegaEU? Why not carrying as UUM so you have a amount between 192 and 1152 UUM (depending on scrap?). And every UUM is worth a Lapotron. so its cheaper.

The Teleporter is the only other device, to waste that Powersurplus and i don't expect the use of a Terraformer with more than 1 or 2 MegaEU.

• 192 MegaEU? Why not carrying as UUM so you have a amount between 192 and 1152 UUM (depending on scrap?). And every UUM is worth a Lapotron. so its cheaper.

The Teleporter is the only other device, to waste that Powersurplus and i don't expect the use of a Terraformer with more than 1 or 2 MegaEU.

i do have a teleporter but use it rarely, the main reason i have/had so much sotrage was because 3-12 people would be on my server at any given time and would need to recharge armors, tool, weapons, and also i would charge lapotron crystals for them and they'd use those to power their house that way they didn;t need any generators, and i set up such a large system so that i would not have to recharge it but once a week. and it'd usually last till the next weekend.

p.s. we'd only make and use UUM as needed for spare materials, i had 2 Mass Fab 6s wired up and would make a stack in about 2 minutes. so if someone needed redstone they'd just pop out the stack that was in there and they'd start making the next stack for later.

• Official Post

Sounds like you need Chargingbenches for all these Players. It's updated to 1.2.3 like most other mods.

In your case that makes sense to use Lapotrons but they don't need to be stackable for it. And if i would be on your Server whats actually not possible, because of Internetlag, then i would build my own Base with ALL what i need, and add a Tradingoutpost somewhere far away from my secret Base, but close to the Spawnarea.

Oh, and i would steal all these lagging Solarpanels with my Miningdrill. 8)

• Sounds like you need Chargingbenches for all these Players. It's updated to 1.2.3 like most other mods.

In your case that makes sense to use Lapotrons but they don't need to be stackable for it. And if i would be on your Server whats actually not possible, because of Internetlag, then i would build my own Base with ALL what i need, and add a Tradingoutpost somewhere far away from my secret Base, but close to the Spawnarea.

Oh, and i would steal all these lagging Solarpanels with my Miningdrill. 8)

well i didn't need a larger storage to power their houses no, but to completely relocate myself i did :p what i did with them is just used buildcraft to send them a crystals and they'd send the dead one back each day.

also i did steal all the solar panels at first and used those to help charge that wall when there were the least amount of players online. then i'd fire up the Reactors and have those running for about 2 hours on a monday morning or over night. then shut it all off before i went to work on monday. also, you were one of the few people i was tempted to extend an invite too, only 2 people that are not my personal friends have been tossed an invite in the past 2 years.

• Nice, if your Server runs during the week, then i could use the insane fast WIFI of the university to join.

I hope a nonpremium minecraft is possible on your Server, because there were no way (no creditcard or such) to pay the 20€ for Notch.

PM sent. back to the OP: :D i would greatly appriciate a incredibly large mobile storage device to store and relocate large ammount of power in for much later use, even if it requires something as rediculous as 8 iridium plates and a Lapotron Crystal. at the point that i would need a 100 mill EU stoarge unit would be the point that i don;t really need to worry about the resources. so make it as expensive as you wish within reason.

• PM sent. back to the OP: :D i would greatly appriciate a incredibly large mobile storage device to store and relocate large ammount of power in for much later use, even if it requires something as rediculous as 8 iridium plates and a Lapotron Crystal. at the point that i would need a 100 mill EU stoarge unit would be the point that i don;t really need to worry about the resources. so make it as expensive as you wish within reason.

We already had this talk of the futulity of a 4tier of energy storage.

You can always use that new Wireless MFSU that pawnedgod cooked.

(For the record, Expensive recipes does jackshit for balance in minecraft were every single resource its highly renewable. The only purpose of Expensive recipes is so people dont make those things 3 minutes after they start a brand new world)

• Official Post

For the record, Expensive recipes does jackshit for balance in minecraft were every single resource its highly renewable. The only purpose of Expensive recipes is so people dont make those things 3 minutes after they start a brand new world

That's the ONLY point, why EE is cheating. You can make EVERYTHING out of EVERYTHING. The magic stuff is pretty cool if you could get that without Transmuting but with normal work (extreme-mining).

• That's the ONLY point, why EE is cheating. You can make EVERYTHING out of EVERYTHING. The magic stuff is pretty cool if you could get that without Transmuting but with normal work (extreme-mining).

The only thing EE does is making the process easier, instead of looking for the particular mineral you need (Which you can find anywhere and everywhere), you can grab anything you have in hand and make that particular mineral (If you already registered it before hand).

And how the fuck did this became a EE complaint?

• ceep you tone down mister asshole, there might be minors or other individuals who are offended by your use of words. even an asshole can be polite can't they?

for example, you wont find me talking like this:
    -WARNING! FOUL LANGUAGE IN SPOILER!-

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• exept for the slight slip then, i would like to tell you, i do not derail my own topic. i just wanted you to know this smal fact thats all.

WEL back to the matter at hand, the upgrade's to energy crystals.

making empty ones stackable seams reasonable. and easy to code just like battery's
    what do you think? overpowered or ok?

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.